Ferrari dose for the day

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think Rider has also taken some gents who have had 'hard' times before.

Rider is basically a HS Campus...They Wrestle in a HS gym and have about 6 fans...I don't see a guy that NEEDS attention going there

Edited by feet2back

I honestly feel like Iowa was the only program that would work for him. I assume he't out on Okie state and PSU so I'm not sure who else has the funding to pay him what he thinks he's worth. I suppose he could take a pay cut but I would be shocked if that happened when he could try and given how he looks on the pads fail at MMA. Id like to see him back in wrestling love or hate him he brings eyes and is exciting as well as being very talented. It just feels like we have done this dance two or three times now and the best fit is now no longer an option.

Interesting questions include, what were the Iowa negotiations like, what programs can afford him, what programs would he accept given his attention needs @feet2back alluded to, what programs won't take him for character reasons...This is basically Tiger King if someone had just filmed it.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

56 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Interesting questions include, what were the Iowa negotiations like, what programs can afford him, what programs would he accept given his attention needs @feet2back alluded to, what programs won't take him for character reasons...This is basically Tiger King if someone had just filmed it.

Very few would take him IMO. Even less would pay him. If he wants to wrestle he's going to have to bite the bullet go somewhere small with no morals for free.

6 minutes ago, HokieDave87 said:

Very few would take him IMO. Even less would pay him. If he wants to wrestle he's going to have to bite the bullet go somewhere small with no morals for free.

"there is no such thing as bad publicity"

You can recruit people to work out with him, from what i've heard he's not into drinking drugs etc. so its not like he's gonna undermine the whole team, hard worker, positive....there are a lot of arguments.

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

You can recruit people to work out with him, from what i've heard he's not into drinking drugs etc. so its not like he's gonna undermine the whole team, hard worker, positive....there are a lot of arguments.

Have you met the family?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, feet2back said:

Anybody can go to Iowa that is good Under Brands Bros...If Charlie Manson was a great 141lber, He would of been a Hawkeye!

Charlie would have been part of their Murderers row!

• Haha 3

sort of serious ?   

Do the colleges pay nil deals or do external third party / investors / businesses etc…..

I see on here on this board a lot.  College xyz does not pay them etc….. if Michael “the situation” Sorrentino wanted to pay the pinto to wrestle somewhere he could ……… right?   Assuming he could get through admissions and all that which is a completely different story.   

41 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

He publicly did the splits and gave the double bird to his (kind of) own fan base. On his second chance. Also multiple Iowa wrestlers got in public shoving matches with the Ferrari's(who knows what happened in the room) and they lost Cody Chittum. So he did have a negative impact on the whole team. The problem is he can't sustain the positives, eventually he'll crack. I know it was also Anthony but you get AJ you get the whole family besides Angelo.

12 minutes ago, Caveira said:

sort of serious ?   

Do the colleges pay nil deals or do external third party / investors / businesses etc…..

I see on here on this board a lot.  College xyz does not pay them etc….. if Michael “the situation” Sorrentino wanted to pay the pinto to wrestle somewhere he could ……… right?   Assuming he could get through admissions and all that which is a completely different story.   

Considering he was trying to sell magic rocks I don’t think his services are in very high demand.

I could see a school taking a chance by giving him a scholarship, I’d be surprised if he gets any real NIL though.

3 minutes ago, HokieDave87 said:

He publicly did the splits and gave the double bird to his (kind of) own fan base. On his second chance. Also multiple Iowa wrestlers got in public shoving matches with the Ferrari's(who knows what happened in the room) and they lost Cody Chittum. So he did have a negative impact on the whole team. The problem is he can't sustain the positives, eventually he'll crack. I know it was also Anthony but you get AJ you get the whole family besides Angelo.

so?

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Considering he was trying to sell magic rocks I don’t think his services are in very high demand.

I could see a school taking a chance by giving him a scholarship, I’d be surprised if he gets any real NIL though.

Speak for yourself I bought 3 magic crystals and went on a 20-7 heater gambling.

7 minutes ago, HokieDave87 said:

That was not his second chance.  Most that understand the issues have no idea why Iowa even considered this.  However many of those same folks hoped he stayed just to watch the program blow up.  

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

That was not his second chance.  Most that understand the issues have no idea why Iowa even considered this.  However many of those same folks hoped he stayed just to watch the program blow up.  

Yeah that would've been nice.

1 hour ago, Caveira said:

sort of serious ?   

Colleges do not pay NIL, third parties do. If Sorrentino wanted to pay Ferrari to wrestle somewhere, as of now he could. While there is an NCAA rule against pay to play arrangements, there is also a temporary injunction in place blocking the rule from being enforced.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, ionel said:

The reason, IMO, were to get Angelo.  No inside info on that.  I said this on the Hawkeye Report board, but, once AJ was already in the door, this may end up being the best possible way this could have played out.  Nothing illegal,  AJ's shenanigans occurred not in an Iowa singlet, and Angelo appears to still be on board.  I do not consider "AJ keeps it together for 3 years as a viable possibility.

• Fire 1

Honestly, Lock Haven and Wisconsin have Iowa ties already.  If he has a good bond with those gents (Henson for Lock Haven and Cassioppi for Iowa) perhaps we see him go that sort of route.

Both could use the two older Ferrari brothers.

WISCONSIN

Potential weights for Anthony

Joe Zargo, SR, 21W-11L (50W-39L)
Notes: Has Redshirt available, 3x NQ
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/62890/zargo-joseph/profile

Luke Mechler, JR, 8W-19L (34W-36L)
Notes: Was at Oklahoma State prior to last year, 15W-23L career against D1 wrestlers
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/71940/mechler-luke/profile

Cody Goebel, SO, 12W-9L (22W-22L)
Notes: Would be a first year starter, 7W-18L career against D1 wrestlers
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/79251/goebel-cody/profile

Gavin Model, SR, 14W-11L (33W-22L)
Notes: Would be first year starter, 5W-16L career against D1 wrestlers
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/63172/model-gavin/profile

I think Ferrari is a potential upgrade at 149lbs and a definite upgrade at 157lbs... hell, if the weight didn't matter, he would also be an upgrade at 165lbs.  I think being that Ferrari likely beats Mechler and Goebel both, you send them up to 165lbs to compete with Model for wrestler by committee.  You then don't worry about Zargo 'needing' to Redshirt and you roll out Anthony at 157lbs.

Summary:  This is a good roster fit for Anthony.  No real obstacle to make this work, unless there were morale issues with Mechler (he left OSU at the same time as the Ferrari clan).

Potential weights for AJ

Massoma Endene, JR, 28W-0L (52W-1L)
Notes:  He was up at 97 KG (~213lbs) for U23 Trials (which he won), He has one match against D1 competition, which was a an overtime 1-0 loss to a guy who has started precisely one dual for Northern Illinois, which was a bump up to heavyweight against Bastida this last season (a 22-6 Tech loss).  This guy was definitely a 'get' by the coaching staff, being a 2x Natty Daddy in D3 and he expects to start at 197lbs this season.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/75251/endene-massoma/profile

Braxton Amos, JR, 0W-0L (36W-19L)
Notes: 2x NQ, was a Superrecruit the same year and weight(s) as Ferrari was.  He has been cutting a lot of weight and myself and most of the fans of D1 wrestling are excited to see what he can do at Heavyweight this upcoming season.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/62756/amos-braxton/profile

Summary:  To make this work, Endene would have to drop to 184lbs.  Not sure he can do that.  With two years left for both of these gents (per Wrestlestat), I am not sure how this fit would work.

LOCK HAVEN

Potential weights for Anthony

Nicholas Stonecheck, SR, 18W-12L (50W-31L)
Notes: 2x starter - went 1W-2L both years at MACs.  One win each season against a NQ.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/62691/stonecheck-nicholas/profile

Lucas Kapusta, FR, 19W-8L
Notes: Likely the guy they had pegged to start for the next four years after a promising Redshirt campaign.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/84439/kapusta-lucas/profile

Nick Stampoulos, SO, 22W-18L
Notes: Incoming transfer from Buffalo, he expects to start for three years for Lock Haven.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/74398/stampoulos-nick/profile

Caden Dobbins, SO, 19W-13L
Notes: Incoming transfer from Bloomsburg, he expects to start for the next three years for Lock Haven.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/81883/dobbins-caden/profile

Summary:  With Seniors and 4/5 year starters at 174/184 and the Redshirts used up for Kapusta, Stampoulos, and Dobbins, I don't see a scenario where Anthony fits.  Lock Haven is set up nicely at these weights, and unless Anthony flat out Redshirts and there is a bump after this next year, there isn't a spot for him.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/65398/stoltzfus-tyler/profile
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/63035/fegley-colin/profile

Potential weights for AJ

Cael Black, SO, 11W-24L (15W-40L)
Notes:  14 losses via bonus last year alone.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/78740/black-cael/profile

Ethan Miller, JR, 6W-22L (13W-42L)
Notes: NOT THAT ETHAN MILLER, Has a redshirt available.
https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/78742/miller-ethan/profile

Summary:  An obvious no-brainer.

ALL IN ALL

With Wisconsin, if they want to go to Wiscy, Bono needs to make it happen.  You tell Endene to start the decent now - phuk-all with U23s.  The ties here are Cassioppi (Iowa) and Mechler (Oklahoma State).  With Wiscy the move makes sense.

With Lock Haven, they tend to give folks 47 chances, and I don't know if them having gents lined up for the next 3+ years at lower weights would actually mean anything.  If they're trying to put their best product on the mat, then they shouldn't and it becomes a no-brainer for them... but at the cost of potential morale and youth.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

The reason, IMO, were to get Angelo.  No inside info on that.  I said this on the Hawkeye Report board, but, once AJ was already in the door, this may end up being the best possible way this could have played out.  Nothing illegal,  AJ's shenanigans occurred not in an Iowa singlet, and Angelo appears to still be on board.  I do not consider "AJ keeps it together for 3 years as a viable possibility.

This makes sense, but having AJ in the lineup and not blowing up the team would have been “the best possible” outcome for them, but I agree not all that viable 

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

It can be true that stupid isn't illegal.  But is 3/5th stupid still mostly stupid?  🤔