Transfer Portal

10 minutes ago, Gus said:

I had not even considered that but that is a good point. I immediately thought this means Amos at HWT.

Yeah, I was under the impression that Amos was moving to HWT to go the Kyle Snyder route. Wrestle folk at 230 and cut down to 213 for Greco/FS.

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, HungusMungus said:

Can the dude hang in D1 

a definite beast, that Bono will fumble. 

Didn't he just 'fumble' a 184lber that was a D3 beast?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

34 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Yeah, I was under the impression that Amos was moving to HWT to go the Kyle Snyder route. Wrestle folk at 230 and cut down to 213 for Greco/FS.

That's my hope for him...💪

37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Didn't he just 'fumble' a 184lber that was a D3 beast?

Liegel did well but I would not put him on This dudes level. 

But I'm pretty certain that Bozo would mess up KOT at this point. 

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I am a big fan of Joey Davis - always was and always will be.

That said, his senior year - in which he won at 184lbs, he scraped by in a 4-2 Decision victory over a ~0.500 wrestler from Penn who was also coming up fro 174lbs.

Add in that despite him having a good size advantage on Alex Dieringer at the ASC, Dieringer dominated - dare I say destroyed - him.

His Junior year he did beat Ottinger (CMU starter, multiple time NQ, Mark Martin (OSU starter, multiple time NQ) and Wilps (Pittsburgh starter who placed 7th that year) at 174lbs, so maybe 184 wasn't the optimal weight for him.

So if he isn't going to be a good example of those who could succeed from D2 to D1 then I don't know who would be.

There are many examples to pool from.  Unfortunately there are going to be more D2/D3 guys who don't find the same success than do, and there are going to be many more guys who don't find success at the D1 level that do at the D2/D3 level.  There is a reason D1 is considered the highest level.

Edit:  Isaiah White is a good example, but I think he is an exception.  Particularly because he was supposed to go the D1 route and couldn't academically make it, so his 'pit stop' was to fix those issues.

TJ Hepburn could’ve been a D1 AA ,maybe a finalist , he was 3rd in sr nationals only losing to Jamal Parks who then put it on Molinaro in the finals ,he was always talented enough to wrestle D1 but didn’t have the grades and went Juco for a year where he took 2nd then went 3rd, 2nd ,1st at D2 nationals . His senior year he made the midlands finals and lost to then 2x ncaa champ Kyle Dake 4-0 , he won the Wyoming open multiple times and beat a lot of D1 guys over the years. Whatever level he wrestled at he was going to rise to the top .

• Bob 1

17 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

ASU has always done well in the portal. For them not to be active is disappointing. And by active I mean by addition not subtraction. 

They may not have the N.I.L set up like they have in the past with the shutting down of Sunkist and all 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

TJ Hepburn could’ve been a D1 AA ,maybe a finalist , he was 3rd in sr nationals only losing to Jamal Parks who then put it on Molinaro in the finals ,he was always talented enough to wrestle D1 but didn’t have the grades and went Juco for a year where he took 2nd then went 3rd, 2nd ,1st at D2 nationals . His senior year he made the midlands finals and lost to then 2x ncaa champ Kyle Dake 4-0 , he won the Wyoming open multiple times and beat a lot of D1 guys over the years. Whatever level he wrestled at he was going to rise to the top .

Great wrestler, but he  may not have been able to be a starter his sophomore year at Colby CC.  He believe he attended school his second year at Colby. Maybe a starter, but not a given.  Also, don't forget he beat James Green.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

Any update on Cannon? @Husker_Du

A lot of people were alluding that Cannon would go back to Northwestern but I’m still intrigued where he will land. Plus will he be up at 141 or stay at 131? I know he has been battling lingering injuries. 

I have also heard that Amine has visited VTech, going to Visit ISU, and that he was interested in Rutgers? Any more updates on him as well? 

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Great wrestler, but he  may not have been able to be a starter his sophomore year at Colby CC.  He believe he attended school his second year at Colby. Maybe a starter, but not a given.  Also, don't forget he beat James Green.

Who do you think would have started over him at Colby?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Who do you think would have started over him at Colby?

Two time D1 All-American Ganbayar Sanjaa (4th, 6th for American) at 149 and/or three time World/Olympic bronze Bekzod Abdurakmanov at 157.

I don't think it was a given that TJ Hepburn was going to be a starter.

• Brain 1

2 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Any update on Cannon? @Husker_Du

A lot of people were alluding that Cannon would go back to Northwestern but I’m still intrigued where he will land. Plus will he be up at 141 or stay at 131? I know he has been battling lingering injuries. 

I have also heard that Amine has visited VTech, going to Visit ISU, and that he was interested in Rutgers? Any more updates on him as well? 

NW makes sense at 133 for Cannon.  NW really needs help there.  They should have Talshahar and Vandevere back from injury at 141.

I hope Amine can come back strong—very tough dude—but he looked cooked in the matches I watched him last year.  Wrestling hasn’t been too kind to these older dudes trying to squeeze out another year—his heart better be in it all the way.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Two time D1 All-American Ganbayar Sanjaa (4th, 6th for American) at 149 and/or three time World/Olympic bronze Bekzod Abdurakmanov at 157.

Yea definitely would’ve been a dogfight good call, still I would give him at worst a 50/50 shot against those guys 

also shout out to Colby community in the last 2000s and earlier 2010s 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Yea definitely would’ve been a dogfight good call, still I would give him at worst a 50/50 shot against those guys 

also shout out to Colby community in the last 2000s and earlier 2010s 

Yes.  Absolute dogfight, but why lose and lose that year of eligibility?  Get in the lineup a couple of times, then lose your spot, lose a year.

• Bob 1

41 minutes ago, hawkguy said:

That's be awesome. Little Rock would be a solid top 10 team I feel with him

He would definitely help solidify their middle weights but they have a ways to go to be top 10 yet. Flo has OK State at 10 (prior to the Hendrickson addition), Mizzou 11, NC State 12, SDSU 13, Lehigh 14

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

how do you think deshazer would have done at the d1 level given his ability to beat high end d1 guys in freestyle, or do you think hes just better at free and developed later.