Transfer Portal

On 4/6/2024 at 8:01 PM, Antitroll2828 said:

Ryan talks all high and mighty but the amount of shenanigans that happened with bringing in McKenna is worse then all this Michigan NIL money, not to mention Tashon Campbell announced he was transferring to Ohio state literally the day after ncaas a few years back 

Tell me about the McKenna shenanigans? 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, juniorvarsity said:

Buckeyes have Paddy Gallagher. One of them would need to go 165

I want Paddy at 165lbs.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Couple guys who have eligibility left, but have naturally finished degrees at their schools.  They may have HEW, but for the right price, someone could entice Kurt Phipps and Mickey O'Malley

Edited by flyingcement

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I want Paddy at 165lbs.

he has underperformed up to now, so who knows. Askey is tough, he might be really good if he gets in a good room. Caleb Smith AA after leaving APP ST

• Bob 2

2 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

he has underperformed up to now, so who knows. Askey is tough, he might be really good if he gets in a good room. Caleb Smith AA after leaving APP ST

Paddy was having a really solid year prior to his injury I think the cut to 157 is likely pretty hard on him. I'm optimistic he will be better at 165.

• Bob 1

On 4/6/2024 at 11:29 PM, Kov88 said:

Who have they tried to get, I honestly don’t know so I’m just asking…. And how reliable are these “accounts”

Piles mentioned Mesensbrink specifically (probably becuase Ben told him) and Ryan's response was "yes, we have looked in the portal! Never said we haven't"

Ryan's issues seems to be they are getting outbid in the portal and he would rather have unlimited NIL than 9.9 scholarship.  None of that has anything to do with Piles original statement.  TR is probably projecting his frustrations after watching PSU set the scoring record. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

Piles mentioned Mesensbrink specifically (probably becuase Ben told him) and Ryan's response was "yes, we have looked in the portal! Never said we haven't"

Ryan's issues seems to be they are getting outbid in the portal and he would rather have unlimited NIL than 9.9 scholarship.  None of that has anything to do with Piles original statement.  TR is probably projecting his frustrations after watching PSU set the scoring record. 

Ryan's issues seem to be that the concussion protocol didn't exist when he was in the Iowa room getting pummeled by the Steiner brothers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Do we think Bormet and others have reached out to John Gunderson at UNI?  Currently behind Keckeisen but just beat Brands 2x as well as Foca and Lujan

I imagine many different schools might have reached out after that performance.

• Bob 2

On 4/7/2024 at 5:15 PM, Idaho said:

If Hamiti is going 174 and Thomspon is redshirting, who did you expect to go 165 if Fish did not transfer in? 

How do we know Hamiti is going 174?  I might keep him at 165 and leave Thompson at 174, Thompson is going to get better he was a freshman learning this year with a nice win over Mocco.  I just don't know if Fish is an upgrade in any area. 

• Poopy 1

18 minutes ago, poke1 said:

How do we know Hamiti is going 174?  I might keep him at 165 and leave Thompson at 174, Thompson is going to get better he was a freshman learning this year with a nice win over Mocco.  I just don't know if Fish is an upgrade in any area. 

I don't think Fish would have transferred in for his final season if he wasn't given a strong indication that this was going to happen.  With Thompson having a RS to use and Plott being a Senior, it seems like a no brainer.

• Potato 1

4 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

I don't think Fish would have transferred in for his final season if he wasn't given a strong indication that this was going to happen.  With Thompson having a RS to use and Plott being a Senior, it seems like a no brainer.

Add in that Thompson has senior level aspirations in Freestyle, so he does need to get up to 86 KG (~189.6lbs) sooner rather than later.

43 minutes ago, poke1 said:

How is he NOT an upgrade to the roster at 165?  Who on the roster do you expect to beat Fish out at 165 and qualify for NCAA next year?  Why would he come in (and get paid to come in)  if it was not already determined that he is going to be starting at 165? 

• Bob 1
  • Brain 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 hours ago, Idaho said:

How is he NOT an upgrade to the roster at 165?  Who on the roster do you expect to beat Fish out at 165 and qualify for NCAA next year?  Why would he come in (and get paid to come in)  if it was not already determined that he is going to be starting at 165? 

Because I thought Hamiti was coming in to stay at 165 to fill the gap of Olejnik leaving.  I never heard that he was also moving up.  I guess because I have always thought that Hamiti has looked so lean at 165 that he may be over powered in my mind by the solid 74lbers.

• Potato 1

Because I thought Hamiti was coming in to stay at 165 to fill the gap of Olejnik leaving.  I never heard that he was also moving up.  I guess because I have always thought that Hamiti has looked so lean at 165 that he may be over powered in my mind by the solid 74lbers.

Willie on his show this week said it’s been decided for months that Hamiti was going 174 next year. Regardless of if that was at Wisconsin or not. Must have been a tougher cut than most realized, including me. I thought he looked lean too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Connor Brady and Logan Frazier into the portal for Tech

Surprised on Brady-I thought he was done competing. Hopefully he does well next year, great athlete and great kid.

• Bob 1

On 4/8/2024 at 12:01 AM, flyingcement said:

Couple guys who have eligibility left, but have naturally finished degrees at their schools.  They may have HEW, but for the right price, someone could entice Kurt Phipps and Mickey O'Malley

Do you know that Phipps is not coming back to Bucknell to use his last year of eligibility?