Transfer Portal

17 hours ago, ionel said:

Yeah but the combination of magic man and witchcraft could result in some dangerous and exciting tricks.  🧙‍♀️ 

Abra abra cadabra, I'm gonna reach out and ... throw myself on my back.*

That's all I got. My brain is mush. There's gotta be a joke with .. "Round about the mat he go; / setting up his fail·ed throw.”

• Bob 1

13 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Is that in addition to the Buchanan and Teemer news that's already circulating or are those the cats in question 

Only MP knows about the cats.  His username was going to be @MPhillipsknowscoolcats but @BobDole said it was too long, that scoundrel. 🤨

• Haha 2
  • Ionel 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Teemer and Buchanan were never in the portal either and yet they are transferring to Iowa. 

Teemer was then pulled out.

Buchanan was a few years ago, so...

Pewpew... Will Smith Movie-esque.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Piecing together news from other boards:

Teemer and Buchanan will join Iowa, but there will be a handful of departures.  

https://www.info.iastate.edu/individuals/info/392489/Riggins-Aiden

Aiden Riggins is already a student at Iowa State.  He has moved on.

Zach Glazier  and both Siebrechts to South Dakota State is the rumor

Bradley Hill and Drake Rhodes on the move, but destination not shared

Edited by flyingcement

On 8/24/2024 at 7:14 PM, flyingcement said:

Jordan Williams to Little Rock💥

An interesting note to this is that LRA returns their starter at 149lbs from last year as well as another incoming transfer (from Northern Illinois) in Jaivon Jones.

All three likely thought they would have a starting spot this year, so there will be competition for this spot.

Jaivon is a senior and really came on towards the end of the season with some very tight matches against NQ/AA.  I imagine they try to make a spot for him, with him dropping to 141lbs, or perhaps having the Bianchi boys each go up in weight (165/174 rather than 157/165, which is already 2/3 weight classes above where they started out in LRA) and having either Jones or Williams go 157lbs.

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Glazier would likely (easily) start for them at 197lbs.  The Siebrechts would likely need to head to a different weight to start, unless the SDSU incumbents 'decide' to head to a different weight (school)?

Swensen has been 157lbs his entire career, whereas Siebrencht went up from 149lbs the year before his suspension (two seasons ago).  If Cade intends to start, he will have to supplant Alek Martin.  Martin is clearly better right now.

Another option is both drop in weight, with Cade going 141lbs.  A much easier path, where the scale is his biggest opponent, and Cobe going 149lbs... which would be with the intent of replacing Martin then.

Cobe is probably the better wrestler at 149 or 157, so he likely gets choice.  So Swensen to 165lbs, then?  Cade hasn't had his shot, yet, but has been in the room, so he could be right there with Cobe as far as skill and aptitude goes.

5 hours ago, flyingcement said:

If they end up heading to the same place, that would be badass.  Rhodes will be a serviceable starter, even a contender in the MAC or SOCON.  The same can likely be said for Bradley.