Crookham

I would consider that.   I would consider that Crook beat Vito twice this year.   I would like to see either Fix or Vito in the opposite bracket from Crook.   Two hammers that will be tough to get through but what I saw on that video was a man that seems up to it. 

And Lehigh has had its share of AAs and champions.   Pretty incredible for a school otherwise known for ....

mspart

31 minutes ago, scribers said:

Congrats to Lehigh. You’ve always managed to put up a foil to most of Cornell’s finest. Taking out a world champ this time. 

Cornell's finest:  Dake, Yianni, Nahshon, Gabe Dean.  Pretty sure that none of them ever lost to a Lehigh wrestler.

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

would they consider they they had a dual against each other and Crookham wrestled and Fix did not?

That is on the list of subjective considerations which are new for this year:

• Bad losses (Under .500% win percentage).
  • Outside the top 30 Coaches Rank and/or top 30 RPI.
  • Conference champion.
  • Performance in last five matches (including conference tournament).
  • Number of injury default or medical forfeit wins/losses.
  • Best quality win.
  • Wrestler availability (Injured or medically unable to compete).

4 hours ago, SoonerKing said:

I don't think Lehigh gets #1 seed at 133. I believe it will go to Fix. We will see though.

Based on this year info pretty sure it'll be Crookham.  

18 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

Cornell's finest:  Dake, Yianni, Nahshon, Gabe Dean.  Pretty sure that none of them ever lost to a Lehigh wrestler.

Dake lost to a Bucknell wrestler in EIWA finals if memory serves.  But he was quite good!

14 hours ago, lu_alum said:

How's this?  It comes from the link provided earlier in the thread.  22 names, 28 titles.

https://static.lehighsports.com/custompages/Record Books/Wrestling/Wrestling Record Book 081323.pdf

image.thumb.png.88ddce0dff584126a967e8b59598c4c0.png

Do not know the bios of the olt timey champs before Sculley, but of the 11 most recent champs, I think five are from the Lehigh Valley (Cruz, Rohn, Lievbermans, and Sculley).  Two guys who were finalists or at least ranked #2 and at that level from Lehigh Valley include Trenge and Mike Brown - not sure if Brown made the finals but know he was very close to NCAA title.

Can't think of another weight where seeding is so consequential.  I think Fix is a bad stylistic matchup for Crookham, so I'd consider Crookham the favorite if he is top seed (Vito takes Fix out in bottom bracket), but Fix the favorite if he's top seed (Crookham takes out Vito in bottom bracket).  

• Brain 1

3 minutes ago, BAC said:

Can't think of another weight where seeding is so consequential.  I think Fix is a bad stylistic matchup for Crookham, so I'd consider Crookham the favorite if he is top seed (Vito takes Fix out in bottom bracket), but Fix the favorite if he's top seed (Crookham takes out Vito in bottom bracket).  

I think Crookham has at least equal skill to Fix and their main difference is maybe just Fix man strength, but Crookham is very strong himself. 

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Do not know the bios of the olt timey champs before Sculley, but of the 11 most recent champs, I think five are from the Lehigh Valley (Cruz, Rohn, Lievbermans, and Sculley).  Two guys who were finalists or at least ranked #2 and at that level from Lehigh Valley include Trenge and Mike Brown - not sure if Brown made the finals but know he was very close to NCAA title.

Caruso was a Jersey kid.   Pendleton & Bill Stuart were Philly suburbs prep wrestlers   

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

20 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

I think Crookham has at least equal skill to Fix and their main difference is maybe just Fix man strength, but Crookham is very strong himself. 

I don't really disagree.  As I see it, and I'm wildly oversimplifying here, Crookham can deal with Vito's lightning-fast attacks but Fix can't.  Crookham does well against Vito because of his insanely quick reaction time to Vito's insanely quick attacks.  I don't think that will come into play so much when Crookham wrestles Fix, who frankly doesn't attack much against top competition and is more of a counter-wrestler himself.  And although Crookham is fast, he hasn't developed that into the sort of offensive arsenal that Vito has, so I expect him to struggle to score.  In a Crookham-Fix match, I'd expect a low scoring, OT-type affair, where Crookham is a bit faster but Fix has the edge in experience and, perhaps, strength and gas tank.  And if it happens right after Crookham has to deal with Vito, I'd give the edge to Fix.

Edited by BAC

1 minute ago, BAC said:

I don't really disagree.  As I see it, and I'm wildly oversimplifying here, Crookham can deal with Vito's lightning-fast attacks but Fix can't.  Crookham does well against Vito because of his inanely quick reaction time to Vito's insanely quick attacks.  I don't think that will come into play so much when Crookham wrestles Fix, who frankly doesn't attack much against top competition and is more of a counter-wrestler himself.  And although Crookham is fast, he hasn't developed that into the sort of offensive arsenal that Vito has, so I expect him to struggle to score.  In a Crookham-Fix match, I'd expect a low scoring, OT-type affair, where Crookham is a bit faster but Fix has the edge in experience and, perhaps, strength and gas tank.  And if it happens right after Crookham has to deal with Vito, I'd give the edge to Fix.

Good take and I basically agree. I am a huge Crookham fan and will be rooting for him at NCAAs. 

4 minutes ago, BAC said:

I don't really disagree.  As I see it, and I'm wildly oversimplifying here, Crookham can deal with Vito's lightning-fast attacks but Fix can't.  Crookham does well against Vito because of his inanely quick reaction time to Vito's insanely quick attacks.  I don't think that will come into play so much when Crookham wrestles Fix, who frankly doesn't attack much against top competition and is more of a counter-wrestler himself.  And although Crookham is fast, he hasn't developed that into the sort of offensive arsenal that Vito has, so I expect him to struggle to score.  In a Crookham-Fix match, I'd expect a low scoring, OT-type affair, where Crookham is a bit faster but Fix has the edge in experience and, perhaps, strength and gas tank.  And if it happens right after Crookham has to deal with Vito, I'd give the edge to Fix.

so sounds like Crookham / Fix could be very similar to the Suriano / Fix matches from a few years back

8 minutes ago, BAC said:

I don't really disagree.  As I see it, and I'm wildly oversimplifying here, Crookham can deal with Vito's lightning-fast attacks but Fix can't.  Crookham does well against Vito because of his insanely quick reaction time to Vito's insanely quick attacks.  I don't think that will come into play so much when Crookham wrestles Fix, who frankly doesn't attack much against top competition and is more of a counter-wrestler himself.  And although Crookham is fast, he hasn't developed that into the sort of offensive arsenal that Vito has, so I expect him to struggle to score.  In a Crookham-Fix match, I'd expect a low scoring, OT-type affair, where Crookham is a bit faster but Fix has the edge in experience and, perhaps, strength and gas tank.  And if it happens right after Crookham has to deal with Vito, I'd give the edge to Fix.

@Husker_Du, this post is a great example on how we could benefit as a wrestling community having something on par with ESPN or UFC with experts doing video breakdowns/analysis on  potential high profile matchups.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

35 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Fix will not beat Crookman - and I feel quite confident about that 

• Bob 1

18 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Fix will not beat Crookman - and I feel quite confident about that 

Agreed. I really want to see this match in the finals but if Fix is the 2 seed he won't make it there with Vito in the semis. 

17 hours ago, lu_alum said:

How's this?  It comes from the link provided earlier in the thread.  22 names, 28 titles.

https://static.lehighsports.com/custompages/Record Books/Wrestling/Wrestling Record Book 081323.pdf

image.thumb.png.88ddce0dff584126a967e8b59598c4c0.png

If no one has ever watched the Rob Rohn Win, I highly suggest you YouTube it. That guy was maybe 30-45 seconds away from getting Teched, and a miracle move changed it all. Worth a watch!