Crookham

I know that he was a local kid to Lehigh, and that probably pushed his desire to go there. But who else made the final cut? I can't find a list on the web. 

I'm always intrigued with kids like this who aren't at the typical big programs, who are doing exceptional. Again, I'm not implying that Lehigh is UTC or Campbell, but they're definitely not PSU or Iowa either. 

2 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

I know that he was a local kid to Lehigh, and that probably pushed his desire to go there. But who else made the final cut? I can't find a list on the web. 

I'm always intrigued with kids like this who aren't at the typical big programs, who are doing exceptional. Again, I'm not implying that Lehigh is UTC or Campbell, but they're definitely not PSU or Iowa either. 

Not PSU or Iowa, but I'd be surprised if they weren't in the next tier of schools as far as donations to the program and fan support go.

(and isn't his name "Crooham?" 🤣)

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

15 minutes ago, Lleynor said:

I like that some of the best of the best stay local just like Alvirez did. 

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Not PSU or Iowa, but I'd be surprised if they weren't in the next tier of schools as far as donations to the program and fan support go.

(and isn't his name "Crooham?" 🤣)

It's Rumham.

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

I would Imagine his list was pretty extensive, Prior to his injury his junior year I believe he was ranked 1 or 2 for his entire class recruiting wise. Lehigh has their own RTC and a direct pipeline to pretty much the hub of wrestling in PA, so I think that allows them to vulture some elite talent from the bigger programs. 

18 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I would Imagine his list was pretty extensive, Prior to his injury his junior year I believe he was ranked 1 or 2 for his entire class recruiting wise. Lehigh has their own RTC and a direct pipeline to pretty much the hub of wrestling in PA, so I think that allows them to vulture some elite talent from the bigger programs. 

Vulture? 

Crookham is a Finance Engineering major, one of the toughest degrees to achieve from Lehigh, a highly rated university, he is one focused individual.......I don't think Lehigh had to "vulture" him..........

Edited by Spladle88
  • Bob 2

7 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

Vulture? 

Crookham is a Finance Engineering major, one of the toughest degrees to achieve from Lehigh, a highly rated university, he is one focused individual.......I don't think Lehigh had to "vulture" him..........

I did not mean that in an attempt to discredit the university. It's one of the best schools in PA I was just saying being so close to the Bethlehem area and jersey + having an RTC gives them resources that a lot of smaller schools do not have which keeps them in the hunt for these bigger recruits. More recently chance Marsteller's club has really risen to prominence and they are also right out of that area.

39 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

How many schools other than Lehigh and Penn State could possibly have two #1 seeds? 

None.

And Lehigh is touch and go to get two. Looking at the matrix there are two categories that are undecided between Stanich and Davis.

Davis leads Stanich in quality wins by one, but if Diego Sotelo grabs one of the at-large spots, they will be tied.

And it may come down to who has the higher coaches' rank.

13 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

None.

And Lehigh is touch and go to get two. Looking at the matrix there are two categories that are undecided between Stanich and Davis.

Davis leads Stanich in quality wins by one, but if Diego Sotelo grabs one of the at-large spots, they will be tied.

And it may come down to who has the higher coaches' rank.

some years the difference between a 1 and 2 seed seems consequential - but at 125 this year seems like not so much other than whatever publicity the program can squeeze out of a #1 seed

4 hours ago, Lleynor said:

Lehigh has produced quite a few studs throughout the years.  Still a top program in my book but it's been since the Strobel era that they've been a perennial top tier program.  They should still be ranked in the top 10 for all time Individual Champs & All Americans.  

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

13 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Lehigh has produced quite a few studs throughout the years.  Still a top program in my book but it's been since the Strobel era that they've been a perennial top tier program.  They should still be ranked in the top 10 for all time Individual Champs & All Americans.  

I recall vividly as a youngster living on Long Island (sec 11) watching Lehigh wrestling on tv with my Dad. It’s why he sent me to Strousburg wrestling camp during the off season. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

Lehigh is sixth in individual champions (28), eighth in All-Americans (160).

• Brain 1

I just saw a video of Crookham beating Vito for EIWA championship.   It was a really good match, Vito got injured, but came back seemingly unfazed.   Hopefully he will be ok.   These two are monsters and it should be and excellent showing at Nationals.   Very impressed with both. 

mspart

5 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Lehigh is sixth in individual champions (28), eighth in All-Americans (160).

Pardon the interruption, but is that 28 individual champions, or 28 individual championships won?  And 160 actual All-Americans, or 160 All-American medals won?  The Lehigh record book seems to say the former version, but lists the latter version.

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

I just saw a video of Crookham beating Vito for EIWA championship.   It was a really good match, Vito got injured, but came back seemingly unfazed.   Hopefully he will be ok.   These two are monsters and it should be and excellent showing at Nationals.   Very impressed with both. 

mspart

FWIW, Mike Grey's email update indicates that Vito will be ok:

"He definitely knocked some rust off and I expect to see him in top form at the NCAA tournament. I believe in my guys more than anyone and I expect to see Vito on the top step when the dust settles. "

28 championships from 22 wrestlers.

158 AA's from 92 wrestlers (that includes 2020). Not sure where the difference is there. I could have someone coded wrong. Edit: But the NWHOF agrees with 158.

image.thumb.png.e70f9bb092af090cbf6f49f7a32064b5.png

Sorry, that is real hard to read.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Brain 1