Crookham

1 minute ago, BarSeries said:

Agreed. I really want to see this match in the finals but if Fix is the 2 seed he won't make it there with Vito in the semis. 

I like Fix and appreciate his skillset and accomplishments but I was never a fan beyond his own conference. He really hasn’t been championship material (actually winning it all) in my opinion and I just don’t see that happening either in 2024. I could be wrong but Vito and Crook are in the way. 

17 minutes ago, Rassling said:

I like Fix and appreciate his skillset and accomplishments but I was never a fan beyond his own conference. He really hasn’t been championship material (actually winning it all) in my opinion and I just don’t see that happening either in 2024. I could be wrong but Vito and Crook are in the way. 

Fix career record is 122-6 with 5 of those losses coming at NCAA's, 3 in the finals. The first 2 NCAA finals losses were in OT. The year that Suriano beat him in the finals, Fix beat Suriano in tie breakers in the dual. 60% career bonus rate, senior level world silver medalist. What exactly is championship material in your definition? Fix has been a hammer his whole career and is on the short list of best to never win a title at this point. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2
  • Wrestle 1

Just now, Gus said:

Fix career record is 122-6 with 5 of those losses coming at NCAA's, 3 in the finals. The first 2 NCAA finals losses were in OT. The year that Suriano beat him in the finals, Fix beat Suriano in tie breakers in the dual. 60% career bonus rate, senior level world silver medalist. What exactly is championship material in your definition? Fix has been a hammer his whole career and is on the short list of best to never win a title at this point. 

He hasn’t won it all yet when others have. Case closed in my mind. 

1 minute ago, Rassling said:

He was a headgear pull penalty point away from winning an NCAA championship and then went back to the finals 2 more times. How is that not championship material lol. 

Just now, Gus said:

He was a headgear pull penalty point away from winning an NCAA championship and then went back to the finals 2 more times. How is that not championship material lol. 

Who is your pick at this weight Gus?

39 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Who is your pick at this weight Gus?

I have not decided yet. But I can assure you it is one of Fix, Crookham and Vito. They are all legitimate championship material. 

2 hours ago, Lleynor said:

If no one has ever watched the Rob Rohn Win, I highly suggest you YouTube it. That guy was maybe 30-45 seconds away from getting Teched, and a miracle move changed it all. Worth a watch!

Not a miracle move if you come from the Lehigh Valley where it was invented, mastered, & taught to every 4 year old in preschool!  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

2 hours ago, Gus said:

and don't forget the phantom stalling call the other year.  

• Bob 1

I think this may actually be the year Fix gets the job done. Crookham is still a Fr and looks pretty solid, but he hasn't wrestled an athlete of Fix's caliber yet. Everybody loves Vito, but Vito is wrestling hurt and he's not scoring anywhere near as well as the end of last year. 

Fix's problem is he's too passive against great wrestlers, if he opened it up in the finals I'm sure he'd have at least 1 NCAA title by now.  He's got some great offensive stuff if he'd ball up and use it in the finals. 

3 hours ago, Rassling said:

Switch the position of "case" and "mind" and I'd agree with you.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Not a miracle move if you come from the Lehigh Valley where it was invented, mastered, & taught to every 4 year old in preschool!  

They got an entire program named after that move. Lol.