Big 10 Pre Seeds!!

If Starrocci forfeits out, then the winner of Washington/Sparks gets a pass to the semis. Wonder how Starocci will feel about forfeiting to Washington. 

Oddly, the loser of the Max Maylor/Baumann will then get a MFF into the top 8 and an NCAA bid.

• Fire 1

I usually post my "They terk ar seeds" meme on this day, but I can actually live with the ILLINI seeds. Edmond Ruth and Tony Madrigal are your two Big Champs from ILLINOIS. The only question is whether Rocco Welsh chooses bottom.

Choose your poison carefully, young Buckeye! 

Madrigal is the old vet who was hampered by injury all season. He's been on fire since coming back and has the talent to win. Danny Pucino with the nice bump will not have to see Jesse Mendez for an extra match. He gets Real Woods instead, and word is that Real is gassed and lying on a mat belly down somewhere right now. 

They did my boy Jake Harrier wrong, but Dylan D'Emilio is 2-2 against ILLINI in the past. So, that's a push. 

Interesting for Purdue fans--who we all hate--Hayden Copass is wrestling his first match of the season at the Big Ten Tournament. Anyway, here's that meme for any seed sufferers out there: 

ILLINI117.jpg

• Fire 5

9 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I usually post my "They terk ar seeds" meme on this day, but I can actually live with the ILLINI seeds. Edmond Ruth and Tony Madrigal are your two Big Champs from ILLINOIS. The only question is whether Rocco Welsh chooses bottom.

Choose your poison carefully, young Buckeye! 

Madrigal is the old vet who was hampered by injury all season. He's been on fire since coming back and has the talent to win. Danny Pucino with the nice bump will not have to see Jesse Mendez for an extra match. He gets Real Woods instead, and word is that Real is gassed and lying on a mat belly down somewhere right now. 

They did my boy Jake Harrier wrong, but Dylan D'Emilio is 2-2 against ILLINI in the past. So, that's a push. 

Interesting for Purdue fans--who we all hate--Hayden Copass is wrestling his first match of the season at the Big Ten Tournament. Anyway, here's that meme for any seed sufferers out there: 

ILLINI117.jpg

I think Welsh gets passed Ruth this time around if they meet. Will get the critical TD he needs. 

On the ILLINI side, looking forward to Webster next year, hes gonna be a good one. 

• Fire 1

That's such a perfectly stereotypical TNT move. 

I mean, bravo, Tom Brands. Chef's kiss. You've boned a senior wrestling in a weight class with only 7 allocations. He'll have to wrestle the #1 seed, and assuming he loses that one, the loser of the Nagao/Van Dee quarter. Well played, sir.

16 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

Why is Teske the #14 seed?

Because he was substituted into the tourney for Schriever  after rosters were submitted which means he went to the last seed. I believe that is two years in a row Brands has done this. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

That's such a perfectly stereotypical TNT move. 

I mean, bravo, Tom Brands. Chef's kiss. You've boned a senior wrestling in a weight class with only 7 allocations. He'll have to wrestle the #1 seed, and assuming he loses that one, the loser of the Nagao/Van Dee quarter. Well played, sir.

I think he gets the 3 seed first (Bouzakis).  The 1 and 2 seeds get byes in each of the brackets because there are 14 not 16 wrestlers.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

I think he gets the 3 seed first (Bouzakis).  The 1 and 2 seeds get byes in each of the brackets because there are 14 not 16 wrestlers.

Yeah.  He probably wasn’t getting better than like 9th seed anyway, so 14 may not be much if any worse

22 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

based on the criteria they say they go by I'm not sure how nagao is seeded above madrigal but I really wanted to see him vs Van dee so I guess I'm grateful.

I thought van dee would be a 2 or 3 not 4

Checked out the seeds. Current predictions for winners at each weight:

125 - Davis

133 - Nagao

141 - Bartlett

149 - Kasak

157 - Haines

165 - Mesenbrink

174 - Starocci

184 - Riggins

197 - Brooks

275 - Sleepy Greg