Starocci

26 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

And one of them was Spencer Lee, who if he would have won in the semis would NOT have forfeited in the finals. So, he lost and hung it up.

Just own that you want to be butthurt about it.  

In English this is what we call moving the goalposts.  

You were indignant bc “Nobody ever forfeits out of NCAA’s, but  Spencer did because be’s a special level of quitter!” rather than an injured athlete being smart, which is a very regular occurrence, yes even at NCAA’s. 

You now have proof.  The other athletes who are a “special level of quitter” from that year are Peyton Robb, Trent Muñoz and Trent Hilger.  All elite quitters over the course of their careers clearly.

5 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

You were indignant bc “Nobody ever forfeits out of NCAA’s, but  Spencer did because be’s a special level of quitter!” rather than an injured athlete being smart, which is a very regular occurrence, yes even at NCAA’s. 

You now have proof.  The other athletes who are a “special level of quitter” from that year are Peyton Robb, Trent Muñoz and Trent Hilger.  All elite quitters over the course of their careers clearly.

Not butthurt that he quit, trust me. I actively root against the Hawks. My point is, would he have wrestled in the national finals or not? Yes or no? If the answer is yes, then he should have finished the tournament. Period. 

"Spencer Lee...who sacrificed who knows how many ACL's |"

He only has four. Two on each knee.

As for him quitting - he did it.

Brooks is a different story. He was not beaten, totally humiliated with his mommy becoming an Internet Sensation with a possible future as an eyeglass model looming - he did what the coach said to protect the knee.

T&T did not come out and say Spence was injured. Basically they played turtle over it.

• Bob 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

5 hours ago, Rassling said:

Unrelated, another interview with a PSU a few weights up just happened. Most interesting to me is what he said about Cael coming to his school and asking his teammates about who in the room hates to lose, etc. Cael is a special dude on and off the mat. 

It's the quiet, efficient, polite killers you have to watch out for.  Like "No Country for Old Men".

Nolf, Sanderson, Zain, Stieber, Kerk, etc.   Off the mat, as chill as a calm cat can be.  On the mat, everyone is just prey.

• Bob 1

9 hours ago, ionel said:

Sounds like seed is not gonna matter. 

"Don’t even have me seeded," Starocci told reporters in State College on Wednesday. "Just have me wrestle every single kid in the bracket one by one and I’ll take them all out inside three days. That’s the same plan. I think it’s more enjoyable this way."

If the brackets came out like that do you think he would have complained? Or would he have been stoked?

Edited by fishbane

2 hours ago, fishbane said:

"Don’t even have me seeded," Starocci told reporters in State College on Wednesday. "Just have me wrestle every single kid in the bracket one by one and I’ll take them all out inside three days. That’s the same plan. I think it’s more enjoyable this way."

If the brackets came out like that do you think he would have complained? Or would he have been stoked?

Recently watched Bo Basset out of PA destroy his opponent in the AA finals and quick too. This is the result I’m expecting out of Carter @ 100%.

10 minutes ago, Rassling said:

Recently watched Bo Basset out of PA destroy his opponent in the AA finals and quick too. This is the result I’m expecting out of Carter @ 100%.

I dunno.  I think he says wild stuff like that because he knows it won't happen.  I also don't think he could beat the other 32 guys in a 3 day period.  He barely wrestled 32 matches in two years and now he says he will do it in 3 days?

In reality he wouldn't need to complain Cael and PSU would do it on his behalf.

• Bob 1

18 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

Didn't Kerk quit the year before?

30 minutes ago, Rassling said:

He's been better lately, but since when has Stall Rocky been a bonus point machine (against top 10 type opponents)?  And now with suspect conditioning and a bum knee, he is supposed to clobber everyone?  I can see him winning the tournament, but unlikely bonusing his way though.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

16 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

He's been better lately, but since when has Stall Rocky been a bonus point machine (against top 10 type opponents)?  And now with suspect conditioning and a bum knee, he is supposed to clobber everyone?  I can see him winning the tournament, but unlikely bonusing his way though.

Stall Rocky? Haven’t heard that one before.

6 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I borrowed it from another poster.  I like it.

I wonder if Carter’s opponents are counting on him “stalling.” I doubt it. I bet you do too, just not publicly.

38 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This year results against NCAA opponents based on their Seeds: 

MD over #1 Lewis

Dec over #6 R. Welsh

TF over #10 Incontrera 

MD over #12 Kennedy 

***TF over Wittlake who I believe was ranked #7 at the time 

Pretty impressive results from the notorious staller

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

17 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Spencer Lee...who sacrificed who knows how many ACL's |"

He only has four. Two on each knee.

Glad you aren’t my doctor. Everyone has 2 anterior cruciate ligaments. The other 2 are posterior cruciate ligaments. And they do different things. 

16 minutes ago, Richferg said:

Glad you aren’t my doctor. Everyone has 2 anterior cruciate ligaments. The other 2 are posterior cruciate ligaments. And they do different things. 

Both types of cruciate ligaments (ACL and PCL) help to control the front to back movement of the knee.  The collateral ligaments (MCL and LCL) control the side to side knee movement.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

This year results against NCAA opponents based on their Seeds: 

MD over #1 Lewis

Dec over #6 R. Welsh

TF over #10 Incontrera 

MD over #12 Kennedy 

***TF over Wittlake who I believe was ranked #7 at the time 

Pretty impressive results from the notorious staller

* Perhaps you noticed the part about "being better lately?"

But now that you mention: that dec over true freshman Welsh isn't  bonus points either.  Nor is Kennedy a top 10 seed.  The Lewis match didn't count.  

Do you think he will bonus Lewis next week?  Because what I read in the post that I responded to was that he was going to bonus guys like Bo Bassett did at PA states.  Bassett went pin, pin, tech, tech.  You really think Carter is  going to do that?

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

* Perhaps you noticed the part about "being better lately?"

But now that you mention: that dec over true freshman Welsh isn't  bonus points either.  Nor is Kennedy a top 10 seed.  The Lewis match didn't count.  

Do you think he will bonus Lewis next week?

You aren't addressing me, but I think he's going to bonus everyone he sees. The B1G tournament stuff was all Cael voodoo, Jedi mind tricks. 

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Didn't Kerk quit the year before?

Yeah but only after taking out Mason Paris and securing team title for PSU.  He had a pinched nerve.  If it wasn't for the team, he would have not wrestled Saturday at all.  Once he secured the team title his work was done

Edited by Pish

4 minutes ago, Pish said:

Yeah but only after taking out Masson Paris and securing team title for PSU.  He had a pinched nerve.  If it wasn't for the team, he would have not wrestled Saturday at all.  Once he secured the team title his work was done

OK... so do you think Lee quit on his team?  Starocci?

Kerk sure gets hurt a lot! In fact PSU seems to be injured more and more these days...

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

OK... so do you think Lee quit on his team?  Starocci?

Huh?  I just came in and looked at your post and gave some context.  I haven't read thru rest of thread.

What do you mean did Starocci quit?  Isn't he wrestling next week?

As for Lee..if he was hurt, then no he didnt quit.  If not, he did..I don't know

• Bob 1