3rd Annual Themat.com Memorial / Intermat Invitational NCAA Fantasy wrestling league!

VakAttack

On 3/15/2024 at 11:29 AM, lu_alum said:

General information

Entry Fee: $20 paid to VakAttack via Venmo

The field has been confirmed as follows:

image.png.d6cca0748c8e875cb160807f4d96975e.png

Draft:  Sunday, March 17, 2023 @ 1:00pm EDT (last year's draft lasted ~2-1/2 hours) 

Link to Draft Board (I recommend you bookmark this link, as I will make scoring updates after each session in this file)

Once everyone is logged into the draft, I’ll randomly sort the participant list to determine draft order.

Draft picks will be made in this thread, facilitated by VakAttack (i.e., he’ll prompt you to pick if you’re running slow.)  I will log the pick on the Draft Board as it is made.

Time to make your selection will be loosely policed at 1 minute. 

The selection process will take place in a reversing-snake pattern.  i.e., the selection order works as follows:

• Round 1:  1 through 15
  • Round 2:  15 through 1
  • Note:  #1 and #15 will make two consecutive picks as the order reverses itself round-to-round

Each participant selects a wrestler for each weight class (125-285), plus one ‘Wild Card’.  The ‘Wild Card’ can be selected any time during the draft process. 

The penalty for excessive lateness during a selection will result in the pick being skipped for that round, and that pick moved to the end of draft. (VakAttack’s discretion).

Withdrawal/Replacement Policy (a.k.a., the "Jerry Callo / Connor McGonagle Rule"):

• Keep in mind you are picking a wrestler, not a bracket position. 
  • If your selection does not make weight, fails skin check, or pulls a Suriano... you are stuck with that guy.  
  • If your selection withdrawals from the tournament prior to 5pm EDT on Wednesday, you can make a replacement pick.  You need to let @VakAttack and @lu_alum know the name of your replacement pick prior to weigh-ins on the first day of the tournament (Thursday, 10am EDT). 

Zoom

• We're setting Zoom up on a trial basis this year, with the thought it may help to move picks along more quickly if folks aren't frequently refreshing their forum chat browser. 
  • Zoom is completely optional - official picks will be made/posted in this forum chat thread.
  • If you want to connect via Zoom, send me @lu_alum a PM with your email address & I'll send the link.

Scoring

All eleven selections (125-285, plus WC) count toward the participants summary score.

Scoring will be downloaded from TrackWrestling (data provided using My Wrestlers) at the end of each round and updated/published on the same Google Sheet used for the Draft.  I recommend that you create a list with your wrestlers on Track to double check my math.

image.jpeg.daf47debd500f8a68c0df70fbd67e37c.jpeg

Payout

I believe we paid top the top three last year.  VakAttack runs the money side of this operation.

Suggestions

1. I highly recommend that you open two browser windows.  One to monitor this selection thread and make picks; the other to monitor the draft board (follow the selection order & see who is still available on the Draft Board).
  2. NOTE:  You will need to refresh the thread frequently to keep up with selections being made and avoid missing your turn due to a time penalty. If you weren't already aware, the F5 key will do this.  The Draft Board will update in real time.
  3. If you have any questions, reach out to VakAttack or lu_alum 

Useful Links

NCAA Pre-Championships Manual

NCAA Hub on TrackWrestling

Distribution

@Antitroll2828 @flyingcement @Gage @Idaho @jajensen09 @JVStateChamp @MizzouFan01 @MPhillips @nhs67 @Perry @RockLobster @steamboat_charlie @Truzzcat @VakAttack

should be in here