Biggest Darkhorse's to make a run at NCAA's

Truzzcat

This past weekend or two we've the seeming resurgence of Jakob camacho and richie figs. We also saw Tj stewart look absolutely incredible against dylan fishback. So it made me start thinking about lower seeded guys or guys that dont get the shine who could make noise at NCAA's and was wondering what your guys picks are. Me personally I like TJ, Figs and stephen little to do some serious damage relative to the publics perception of them.

• Fire 1

Iowa, PSU, and Minnesota always have a few guys who come out of nowhere to make the podium.  Obviously, if you are from PSU just being on that team removes the element of surprise a bit.

One guy I've been really impressed with who has amazing defense is the 141 from WVU Jordan Titus.  He has some impressive defense, and can scramble his face off.  He definitely has the skills to be a bracket buster and send a few guys to an early off season.  

• Fire 3

21 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Iowa, PSU, and Minnesota always have a few guys who come out of nowhere to make the podium.  Obviously, if you are from PSU just being on that team removes the element of surprise a bit.

One guy I've been really impressed with who has amazing defense is the 141 from WVU Jordan Titus.  He has some impressive defense, and can scramble his face off.  He definitely has the skills to be a bracket buster and send a few guys to an early off season.  

Im a big fan of that WVU team in general I think strickenberger,Titus,Watters,Hall could all end up on the podium

VT’s 184 Stewart. He’s starting to hit his strides after getting his weight under control. Dude is a beast from neutral. Being a freshman, I could see him get stuck in bottom from a seasoned vet but wouldn’t be surprised if he gets high on the podium too

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, creek chub said:

VT’s 184 Stewart. He’s starting to hit his strides after getting his weight under control. Dude is a beast from neutral. Being a freshman, I could see him get stuck in bottom from a seasoned vet but wouldn’t be surprised if he gets high on the podium too

He looked very physically strong in that match with Fishbach. He is going to be a tough out for anyone that runs into him. 

I know his name has been brought up quite a few times, so not new, but I am still raving about Meyer Shapiro after he MD'd Brock Mauller. I think he's a dark horse finalist.

I also think that if Josh Edmond can push himself like he did to win against Happel (and close against Echemendia), he can be a dark horse AA.