Will we see Nash v. Kueter?

Dogbone

Will we see Nash v. Kueter?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will see Nash Hutmacher v. Ben Kueter this Friday?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2024 at 12:30 AM

Huskers have already announced Nash will go. Will Kueter?  

Maybe the lack of big matches so far this season has me jaded, but wrestling doesn't seem to be able to get out of its own way. 

It would be great if Iowa would announce so it could be marketed broader than to just diehards wrestling fans.   I could see a lot of cross over intrigue with two football players going head to head.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Bigbrog said:

I think it would be stupid to send Kueter out

Because its cold and snowing out and humans don't do well against polar bears in the snow or ... ?

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I voted 'NO' but I might change my mind.  I believe he will be ready to go and if the dual is on the line, he goes.

I think that Iowa is going to use him in the five most high profile duals left, and Nebraska is one of them.

That leaves
- Michigan
- Penn State
- Oklahoma State

No other school will challenge Iowa in a dual.  That means let him go to get competition against the other top guys.

Throw Illinois in there.  Minnesota has a solid young guy in Tabor as well.  I think those will be the five 'attached' competitions that he wrestles... UNLESS the dual is in the balance.  Both Hill and Kueter suit up, though.

Keep in mind it is the second semester, so they can send Kueter to opens unattached now to get his feet wet.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

19 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

Who cares? Neither Benji Cutiepie nor Hash Nutmuncher sniffs the podium this year, and they wrestle for the two most hated schools in all of sports. (I might be biased though). 

You are showing your stripes there.  🤨

Who cares? Neither Benji Cutiepie nor Hash Nutmuncher sniffs the podium this year, and they wrestle for the two most hated schools in all of sports. (I might be biased though). 

If Hutmacher woke up tomorrow a Wisconsin Badger, THEN they’d be at the most hated schools in all of sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

It always makes me laugh when someone "doesn't care" spends time to click on something and post in the thread that they don't care about.

I have no idea if either will AA but the idea that nothing matters unless its two AAs wrestling or it doesn't matter until March is terrible for the health of the sport.   

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nash coming down from 300+ and Keuter coming up from 230....a mismatch in my book.

A Junior World Champ in 2022, State Champ last March, who was in the college room in the summer and fall v. a guy who hasn't been on the mat for 4 years.... a mismatch in my book

Bill Belichick Wink GIF by New England Patriots

28 minutes ago, Dogbone said:

It always makes me laugh when someone "doesn't care" spends time to click on something and post in the thread that they don't care about.

I have no idea if either will AA but the idea that nothing matters unless its two AAs wrestling or it doesn't matter until March is terrible for the health of the sport.   

meh

😉

4 hours ago, Dogbone said:

Huskers have already announced Nash will go.

Is this true?   

Brands does seem to actually care about duals.  I can't imagine Kueter vs. Hill is all that close, so I'd assume they will send Kueter if he's their best guy.

6 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Is Ben a descendent of the River Cooter Clan?  Or did his family migrate from the east coast and he's from the Northern Red Bellied Cooter lineage?

I believe he descends from the plains of Indianapolis. Check out the similarities to Jim Bob Cooter

image.png.990751190b0480d1ef42ea8284b1c095.png

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, Dogbone said:

Methinks you might be mistaking humor for solemnity. No worries. 

Is Ben a descendent of the River Cooter Clan?  Or did his family migrate from the east coast and he's from the Northern Red Bellied Cooter lineage?

He’ll be a Plains Yellow Bellied Cooter if Brands doesn’t send him out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk