Buchanan in the portal

WrestlingFan89

5 minutes ago, Yellow_Medal said:

Man, as a UWyo fan this sucks. I get the decision, but would have loved to see him stay put in Laramie.

I just want to know what happened in the interim between the spring portal closing in May and making the decision now? Either way he was going to have to use a redshirt but this was certainly less than perfect timing. Is he set to graduate in a few weeks and attending a grad school program that does not begin until August?

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

2 hours ago, H82Lose said:

there is a guy by the name Teyon Ware, that would be the reason.  Again, it will be OU or Michigan. 

2 hours ago, H82Lose said:

He’s coming to OU 100%

You change your mind very quickly. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I just want to know what happened in the interim between the spring portal closing in May and making the decision now? Either way he was going to have to use a redshirt but this was certainly less than perfect timing. Is he set to graduate in a few weeks and attending a grad school program that does not begin until August?

I wish I had the inside info. I meant that I understand his decision from the possibly wanting to move on from UWyo/Laramie perspective. I’ve spent a lot of time in Wyoming and it’s not for everyone.

47 minutes ago, Yellow_Medal said:

I wish I had the inside info. I meant that I understand his decision from the possibly wanting to move on from UWyo/Laramie perspective. I’ve spent a lot of time in Wyoming and it’s not for everyone.

Saw this sticker on bumper of car ahead of us heading into Jackson couple years ago, I'm sure NE not happy about the new influx of Californians.  Screenshot_20221130-150826_Chrome.jpg.73991f82c88f6ed754f5c5555ee5c17c.jpg

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I have no actual info regarding his rational.  However, Teyon Ware is a nice guy and he builds personal relationships.  Ware was in Wyoming last spring and now he is not.

I do know Buchanan planned his redshirt long ago.

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

I have no actual info regarding his rational.  However, Teyon Ware is a nice guy and he builds personal relationships.  Ware was in Wyoming last spring and now he is not.

I do know Buchanan planned his redshirt long ago.

Was he going to wrestle in the all star meet while on redshirt? Is that permitted?

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I don't think that is an NCAA sanctioned event, so he could have wrestled in it.  Also, I think redshirts are now allowed 5 competitions.

I think he would have been allowed to compete based on your first point.  But there is a catch with the five matches on RS rule - it only applies to freshman (which is a bit odd)

• Fire 1

Saw this sticker on bumper of car ahead of us heading into Jackson couple years ago, I'm sure NE not happy about the new influx of Californians.  Screenshot_20221130-150826_Chrome.jpg.73991f82c88f6ed754f5c5555ee5c17c.jpg

Lol. That sums up many native Wyomingites’ views on the matter. Especially for Californians, and the “greenies” (for our license plates) like me from CO. I went to school and wrestled up there though, so I think that kind of puts me in the gray zone.

Lol. That sums up many native Wyomingites’ views on the matter. Especially for Californians, and the “greenies” (for our license plates) like me from CO. I went to school and wrestled up there though, so I think that kind of puts me in the gray zone.

Nothing worse than people from Wyoming who come down into CO on the weekend to do their shopping, go to restaurants, see movies, etc. There’s a significant increase in DUIs, accidents, etc. in Fort Collins due to out of state registered vehicles and their drivers on the weekend. It would be great if they would just stay there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/10063879-two-time-all-american-stephen-buchanan-transfers-to-oklahoma

Officially announced, but for all the chatter last year, this one gave me a chuckle:

Oklahoma currently has eighth-year senior Keegan Moore as their starting 1997-pounder. Moore made the round of 16 last season for the Sooners at 184-pounds.