AJ Ferrari to 197

Jimmy Cinnabon

3 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

What I heard from a friend in Florida was that he yesterday tried to get on the floor without credentials. When approached he went- Don't you know who I am?

Still going places where he’s not wanted. 

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

But Iowa wanted him, why didn't he stay?  

I guess it took a true leader in the Athletic Director to do what was right for the team, the wrestlers, parents  and everyone else in between.  Now he’s gone with great hopes for the arrival of the younger one. 

4 minutes ago, Rassling said:

I guess it took a true leader in the Athletic Director to do what was right for the team, the wrestlers, parents  and everyone else in between.  Now he’s gone with great hopes for the arrival of the younger one. 

Yeah good luck with the younger one, he still comes with the package deal of parents and uncle, maybe a guest visit from the bros.  

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yeah good luck with the younger one, he still comes with the package deal of parents and uncle, maybe a guest visit from the bros.  

I hear ya - that’s the part of the deal I did not want to acknowledge. You know any televised event will most likely include family reactions in the stands. Well get over it and move on. 

7 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

An orange jumpsuit would look good on him.

Give him time to work on his deadlift.  I'm disappointed he hasn't posted any new records.  

52 minutes ago, ionel said:

The younger one is not guilty by association 

• Fire 1

19 hours ago, ionel said:

He looks and acts just like the oldest one, same apple tree.  

I disagree, he has some "punk" in him but he has been a good kid his entire wrestling career. He has flexed on coaches etc, which I would beat the hell out of my kid for doing that, but zero trouble from him. Anthony and smeared crap on walls, stole cell phones, jumped kids etc, AJJ has flashed woman, and you know the history there. We will see, it is a gamble for sure, but he is not guilty at all of association IMO

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

I disagree, he has some "punk" in him but he has been a good kid his entire wrestling career. He has flexed on coaches etc, which I would beat the hell out of my kid for doing that, but zero trouble from him. Anthony and smeared crap on walls, stole cell phones, jumped kids etc, AJJ has flashed woman, and you know the history there. We will see, it is a gamble for sure, but he is not guilty at all of association IMO

Oh hey college guys, haven't been around here in awhile. 

I agree H82Lose, and it's been my stance the entire time. 
AJ is ridiculous and without the arrest, may go down as an absolute legend for the right reasons no matter how cringy they were. The girl, the wreck, blah blah blah, it got out of control and he can't seem to reign it back in... he should probably just be done with wrestling and go be the villain int he octagon.

Anthony has had the most problems everywhere he goes. He's clearly unstable and he's not talented enough for anyone to really want to deal with the whole persona and the results. 

Angelo feels like he has a much better grasp on "playing" the part, while doing all the right stuff. I think he will finish his 4 years. I think AJ could influence him to do things like switch schools so they could compete together or something, but I don't think he's as big a liability as the other 2. I think he's a wrestler all the way. 

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

I'm talking about compared to AJ thu high school similar.  Hard to know what happens in college.  

55 minutes ago, Spladle08 said:

Oh hey college guys, haven't been around here in awhile. 

I agree H82Lose, and it's been my stance the entire time. 
AJ is ridiculous and without the arrest, may go down as an absolute legend for the right reasons no matter how cringy they were. The girl, the wreck, blah blah blah, it got out of control and he can't seem to reign it back in... he should probably just be done with wrestling and go be the villain int he octagon.

Anthony has had the most problems everywhere he goes. He's clearly unstable and he's not talented enough for anyone to really want to deal with the whole persona and the results. 

Angelo feels like he has a much better grasp on "playing" the part, while doing all the right stuff. I think he will finish his 4 years. I think AJ could influence him to do things like switch schools so they could compete together or something, but I don't think he's as big a liability as the other 2. I think he's a wrestler all the way. 

I can imagine it would take a lot of discipline to turn down AJ Ferrari. He's probably a guaranteed finalist wherever he goes, assuming he doesn't get busted doing something stupid. Could Ferrari be wrestling right now at a school if he wanted or does he have to wait until next year? I'd like to see him wrestle Aaron Brooks, but it's probably too late for that to ever happen. 

Just now, NM1965 said:

I can imagine it would take a lot of discipline to turn down AJ Ferrari. He's probably a guaranteed finalist wherever he goes, assuming he doesn't get busted doing something stupid. Could Ferrari be wrestling right now at a school if he wanted or does he have to wait until next year? I'd like to see him wrestle Aaron Brooks, but it's probably too late for that to ever happen. 

Definitely too late for that to happen, I think Brooks adds to the reasons we didn't get to see him this year, and yeah hopefully next year. 
His performance against Glazier showed he hasn't fallen off. 
But wrestling is a difficult sport to come in and out of, its kind of a constant building process, and its hard to find substitutes for elite level competition. I hope we see him commit to it, but if it's not next fall its not at all in my opinion. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, alex1fly said:

A coach/AD would be delusional to take AJ. He is a toddler with muscles and a Dad that wants to beat you up. 

if he wants to go with a winner he should check out grand view

2 hours ago, alex1fly said:

A coach/AD would be delusional to take AJ. He is a toddler with muscles and a Dad that wants to beat you up. 

He's 20 points at NCAAs, at least. Yeah, he's a toddler with muscles. I'm sure some D1 school will offer him and make him sign some sort of morality/legal clause. 

1 hour ago, ugarles said:

if he wants to go with a winner he should check out grand view

He'd pin or tech everybody he wrestled at that level. It would be a great catch by grand view, assuming Ferrari didn't go on a crime binge or something. 

On 3/2/2024 at 11:17 AM, Ohio Elite said:

An orange jumpsuit would look good on him.

Better yet the PINK outfits Sheriff Joe Arpaijo used in his Arizona tent jails.

• Fire 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

He's a -20 points for what he does to the team, do some research. 

This, and that might even be conservative.  

The details have been rehashed ad nauseam already, but the juice, however much it is, has never proven to be worth the squeeze, and that goes all the way back to High School.

4 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

This, and that might even be conservative.  

The details have been rehashed ad nauseam already, but the juice, however much it is, has never proven to be worth the squeeze, and that goes all the way back to High School.

That interview with John Smith where he specifically mentioned "things that have been removed in the last two years". Paraphrasing but that's close enough. He went out of his way to say that. Oof.