Republican Oversight Committee rejects Hunter Biden's request to give his testimony in public

VakAttack

31 minutes ago, mspart said:

I think this talk of him being or becoming a dictator are way overblown.   It is TDS on steroids.   He has never dictated anything as President that anyone can bring up.   Unless you count EOs.   He did use them.   Just like Obama and Biden used them.  Just like Bush.   Every President uses them.   So unless there is other evidence, I say this is overblown hysteria by hysterical people.  

mspart

It’s more of his talk about how in another term he would want to rid of all civil servants not showing loyalty, has literally used the term “retribution” in speaking about his ‘next term’. It’s more about what he has talked about doing, and what he did from November of 2020 to January of 2021, along with his fetish for some of the worlds most authoritative dictators,  that have normal, logical, conservative people thinking that way. Can’t speak for others. 

21 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Hunter Biden has been indicted by a federal grand jury on 9 counts, including multiple felonies.

I don't get it ... why was he paying his dad for the Ford Raptor?  He owed $1.4M in taxes, he was in the business of hauling hookers & drugs, ya gotta have a truck for that, just expense it on your tax return.  🤷‍♀️

• Fire 1

18 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

What comes to mind immediately

• Better purchase power the economy is better now and under Dem presidents then the last 4 Reps. You're welcome.
  • More affordable healthcare coverage for my family Your vote for universal health care is appreciated
  • Safety ( "come home before dark" ) that's on you as a parent
  • Playing multiple sports & unstructured play still a thing, never left
  • Family never left

More... (no particular order)

1. Family was better; the two-parent household was more common; parents spent more time with their kids. couples that want to BE together are happier, people work too much i agree, wages should go up so we don't have to work as much, glad you agree.
  2. Affordability: providing for oneself and family was easier. your gripe is with corporations buying up houses and charging outrageous rent, squeezing people for all they have, they should probably pay more taxes because of that, don't you think, glad you agree
  3. People were healthier, less obese, had better food, and had cheaper health care. what do you attribute that to? People weren't healthier, you just see it through one metric as usually and paint everything with that brush
  4. Better mental health nope, just like gay, trans, and all the other new things that scare you, it was always there, we just didn't talk about it because people were/are ashamed and stigmatized for being different, I wonder which president would love for america to be 'great' like that again?
  5. Kids played multiple recreational sports; they were not specialized in competitive club sports at age 7... not every minute of their day was planned. again, you probably have a small sample size and are extrapolating that out to everyone. 
  6. I used to wave down police cars, socialize, and collect baseball cards for my home team. congrats
  7. Baseball cards were priced from Becket magazine rather than sent off for professional grading I have some doggecoin to sell you if you're interested
  8. Adults were treated with respect.  Sir, Maam, Hold the door open, pull out the chair, etc., and so on. I use to watch re-runs of leave it to beaver too
  9. My car was safe to park in the city; there was no fear of stolen gas, converters, or broken windows. UIB again, small sample size, chances are crime rate was higher overall
  10. Fights were settled with words or fists, not weapons. nope
  11. Not all popular songs had offensive lyrics.  But also, MTV. i'm sorry you don't understand art, can't help you there, just stare at the guy with the pitch fork maybe it'll hit you
  12. Space exploration was better funded. fewer bored billionaires burning money, ya. maybe we should tax them and give it to the professionals instead? 
  13. Darker skies made it easier to see stars; less light pollution circadian  rhythm  is a thing, ya
  14. The news was 'just the news.' / Journalism still is
  15. Humans staffed customer service no one will  ever be happy with customer service, join the club
  16. The government was smaller nope, try again
  17. Congress voted across party lines nope
  18. Privacy nope, no one cares what you're doing, they care what you might want to buy, that's it
  19. 14-year-olds looked like they were 14 years old rather than 21-year-olds now you're getting into weird territory, i'm just gonna leave this one alone, 
  20. People were not trying to get social media likes they always were, you know it, there was no global entity offering the opportunity or you would've taken it back then too
  21. Air travel was easier easier? eh, gonna need clarification on this one
  22. You could say Merry Christmas rather than Happy Holidays this one is stupid, if you want it to be a truly religious holiday, offer to work, other wise shut up!  what other religion gets a day off work pretty much across the board? None. 
  23. Working at a company for more than two years was common yes there were fewer places to work and more anxiety about getting out of a thing that you weren't enjoying or meeting your needs. Seems like we are always talking about 'no fault divorce' why is that? 
  24. Looney Tunes subtly racist
  25. Disney he was anti semitic. did great work in 1893 though
  26. Appliances lasted for years and years still do
  27. Less national debt want to see a break down of debt accrued by R's vs D's? 
  28. College was more affordable agreed, Reagan made sure to carpet bomb that, along with other places
  29. Calling for genocide was considered harassment not sure where you're going with this, anything you want to get off your chest? 
  30. Less cancel culture might as well say, 'we didn't have consequences for the obviously offensive thing we use to do' This is the dumbest thing you've said so far, well done. 
  31. More things were 'made in America' maybe
  32. Less illegal immigration agreed, we hadn't had the chance to destabilize  as many other places
  33. People spent more time outside maybe
  34. Did you read this are getting excited, you can say it
  35. Pride to be an American Next dumbest thing you've said
  36. Slower pace of life its relative
  37. Buy local corporations hadn't cornered every market, break em up? agreed
  38. People made eye contact and spoke with others rather than staring at their phones you don't care about other people, don't lie
  39. School taught practical skills then they were defunded and now its just the four core disciplines. why don't you yell for more money in education? quitter
  40. You had five seconds to eat food that touched the floor you can have leave that one where ever it came from Myth-Busted!

Was this necessary for you to understand the point made? still don't think you answered the question, is there a time(date, range) I gave you a few, you just gave useless platitudes about your privileged upbringing. Congrats, you like your life and from what I've gathered you could care less about working to help people less well off than you to get a hand in life. So, yes, you can keep writing this stuff and I'll keep replying because the people who read it are thinking about it realizing they don't want to be like you. 

I don't mind adding more examples to what was unnecessarily provided before... its good to write... it forces clarity of thought. 

Queue the criticism for wrongthink and lack of mentioning privilege in 3...2...1... Action! Your jokes only highlight how little you care about others and that you're only in it for yourself. So you will support and vote for 45 again and again because you are the same. Need some cheetos?

Are you related to Ban?? Wowza

LOL

• Confused 1

https://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-says-doesnt-see-155940291.html

Mitt Romney said he has not "seen any evidence" to authorize House Republicans' impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

Wait. This can't be right. So many of you have assured me that the evidence is there. I assumed you had all seen it and it was just being kept from me.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Mitt Romney invented TDS. Ok, maybe John McCain did but he comes in a close second.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/481902-timeline-trump-and-romneys-rocky-relationship/amp/

Interesting that in explaining a post about Biden your first impulse is to go to TDS.

You certainly have it.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Nor are any of his business partners.

One of his alleged business partners has like 50  public tax returns available to anyone who wants to see them.  Fortunately for that partner, years of cross referencing Hunter's income has proven completely fruitless and humiliating for the haters.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, headshuck said:

Just because evidence isn’t sitting out in clear daylight doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. The same people that bleached Hillary’s devices and J6 records are in charge.

The absence of evidence should be construed as evidence.  Bold.