Upset Thread

flyingcement

On 1/27/2024 at 3:53 PM, nhs67 said:

Peterson is tough and pretty fundamentally sound.  Not surprised at all he best McKee.

Wells was a surprise, though.

McEnelly over Soldano isn't a surprise, especially considering how Soldano has been wrestling recently.

Joles is a powerful as they come at 197lbs and that is kind of Poz's shtick isn't it?

While all considered upsets, none are surprises.

Joles over Poz is a pretty shocking result..Poz was undefeated and looking great so far counting this year and last (his redshirt year) he’s now 20-2 while joles already has 6 loses already .Poz is seen as a possible top 5 placer in the Rutgers world and community ( he did finish 4th as a true freshman) 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Joles over Poz is a pretty shocking result..Poz was undefeated and looking great so far counting this year and last (his redshirt year) he’s now 20-2 while joles already has 6 loses already .Poz is seen as a possible top 5 placer in the Rutgers world and community ( he did finish 4th as a true freshman) 

For me it wasn't because of the reason I said.  I still understand it was an upset.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

5 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

#9 Cornell over #3 Missouri 20-16

149:  #28 Fernandez decision #25 Gioffre 4-0

157:  #12 Shapiro major decision #5 Mauller 14-4 (first bonus loss of Mauller's career!)

197:  #8 Cardenas decision #3 Elam 4-0

At 149, it was Zeke Selzter for Mizzou not Gioffre. 

from Minny - Rutgers dual
125 - Peterson over #11 McKee
133 - Wells over #8 Shawver OT
184 - True Freshman McEnelly over #22 Soldano
197 - Joles over #9 Poznanski

Wells is also a True Freshman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

What is with Rutgers having a couple Polish dudes now and so few Italians?

Who are the "Polish dudes?"  I see six "Italian names," one "Polish" name (Poznanski), and one guy from Belarus.

1 hour ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Polish dudes

I think polaks is the term we determined was correct and upsetting at the same time in a discussion a couple months ago.  NHS, any thoughts to share?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GoGopher said:

Thought Wells would move a little higher in the rankings. Has had an impressive season so far

his two wins over kade Moore have aged very well he is looking really good. Definitely could see well pushing for the blood round.

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

his two wins over kade Moore have aged very well he is looking really good. Definitely could see well pushing for the blood round.

How true. Since that 1st week of Dec, Moore has wrecked dudes, including pinning Latona and taking Arujau to the wire, while Wells has eked out a couple more wins, the last 2 in SV. No way he beats him a third time. Moore is my darkest horse AA pick for the tourney. 

13 hours ago, GoGopher said:

Thought Wells would move a little higher in the rankings. Has had an impressive season so far

His losses to Cardinal and Serrano are holding him from rising higher in the rankings. If he keeps beating guys like Shawver, he will start rising.

1 hour ago, Tigerfan said:

How true. Since that 1st week of Dec, Moore has wrecked dudes, including pinning Latona and taking Arujau to the wire, while Wells has eked out a couple more wins, the last 2 in SV. No way he beats him a third time. Moore is my darkest horse AA pick for the tourney. 

aside from the scramble with vito where he got 3 and 3 I was super impressed with moores movement he looks really sharp right now. Nobody is catching PSU but im a sucker for convincing myself of a team race to make things more interesting so ill be rooting for all the mizzou guys because i think they have the highest chance of putting up a big score.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

After pinning Latona and leading against Vito, he doesn’t seem like much of a dark horse, especially with 133 being fairly shallow after the top few guys IMO.