Upset Thread

flyingcement

How true. Since that 1st week of Dec, Moore has wrecked dudes, including pinning Latona and taking Arujau to the wire, while Wells has eked out a couple more wins, the last 2 in SV. No way he beats him a third time. Moore is my darkest horse AA pick for the tourney. 

I think he could beat him a third time. Wells is my dark horse AA pick for the tourney too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wells also beat Kale Petersen who beat Rini. Rini ranked one spot ahead of Wells. Agree somewhere between 13-17 makes sense to me.

Wells last big regular season test is Friday against Braxton Brown. Purdue, IL and WI the rest of the way doesn’t have much at 133 that I can think of.

I assume his redshirt was pulled because he won’t make 133 again? I hope he can hold it because MN will need to hit the portal for a 125 already unless they are going with Morvari.

I believe 133 is the long term plan for him, from what I hear he doesn’t have a terrible cut. I think his shirt was pulled because he’s that much better than Eisch or Gliva.

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

While Jore Volk was busy losing to one of South Dakota State's many Tanners.

I don't have Flo anymore - thanks for sharing.  So that means we had three 125 matchups tonight and two were upsets.

Brayden Palmer with a major over Citadels Malik Hardy was the only expected outcome

Joey Fischer decision over Anthony Noto and Tanner Jordan decision over Jore Volk are both considered upsets.  Also, it should be noted that Tanner Jordan has been having an excellent season with now a number of big wins.

Maybe we are putting too much stock into rankings especially at weights where there are a lot of guys who are good wrestlers but not a dominant guy or two at the top.  We have all kind of become accustom to that but I find 125 kind of refreshing.  I know come NCAA tournament time these guys will have to be ranked (and I'm not going to envy the guys doing that job) but prior to that it's just fun to see these guys wrestle it out.

This just happened... Columbia's Ayzerov just beat Foca of Cornell, 4-0 in a dual up in Ithaca.

It was mentioned that Ayzerovv majorD'ed Foca at Cliff Keen earlier

^^^ what Mr Peanut

mrpeanut.jpg

just said.😉

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

4 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

This just happened... Columbia's Ayzerov just beat Foca of Cornell, 4-0 in a dual up in Ithaca.

^^^ what Skippy just said.😉

D3

I forgot about the major. Maybe not much of an upset then? Foca has been inconsistent this year

Edited by Mr. PeanutButter
  • Fire 1

^^^ what Mr Peanut
mrpeanut.jpg
just said.
D3

No upset… and Foca is clearly improving. He went from losing by MAJ to losing by DEC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I forgot about the major. Maybe not much of an upset then? Foca has been inconsistent this year

8 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

No upset… and Foca is clearly improving. He went from losing by MAJ to losing by DEC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mentioned when he was majored earlier in the year but they are from neighboring towns and have trained together in the past , probably why he has Foca number 

So what's that now... Foca is 0-2 vs Ayzerov this season?

True that he went from majorD'ed in the consis @ Cliff Keen, to just a lbd 4-0 (hey, that's a s-o!)

How would you seed 184 @ the EIWA's IF the dual season ends now?

(I'm curious about that...  but I would figure that the Big Red wrestler would snap out of his small funk, during the post season "GO" time.)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, D3 for LU said:

So what's that now... Foca is 0-2 vs Ayzerov this season?

True that he went from majorD'ed in the consis @ Cliff Keen, to just a lbd 4-0 (hey, that's a s-o!)

How would you seed 184 @ the EIWA's IF the dual season ends now?

(I'm curious about that...  but I would figure that the Big Red wrestler would snap out of his small funk, during the post season "GO" time.)

D3

I kinda wonder why Foca is at 184 in the first place - considering he is likely the second best at 174 - but not a guaranteed AA at 184.  

Incontrera from Penn beat Ayzerov 6-3 last week and it wasn’t that close. He tried to turn him at the end and got reversed in the last second. Incontrera gets Conigliari fri at Harvard Sunday and Foca next week. 

Edited by Quaker118
Spelling