U23 Draws Are Out

nhs67

2 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

First "Jap," then "Polak"?  Really?

Polak is a term used to define someone who is Polish. 'The Polak' is much shorter than typing out on my phone 'The Polish lady' is.  That and much easier than typing the wrestler's name out.  Fat fingers suck.

Jap is a term used to define someone who is Japanese.  'The Jap' is much shorter than typing out on my phone 'The Japanese lady' is.  That and much easier than typing the wrestler's name out.  Fat fingers suck.

If that offends you, I am sorry.  If you like I could just not attempt any sort of PBP in the future.  I could just watch wrestling, not bother, and be happy.

Key word there: Could

Enjoy.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Polak is a term used to define someone who is Polish. 'The Polak' is much shorter than typing out on my phone 'The Polish lady' is.  That and much easier than typing the wrestler's name out.  Fat fingers suck.

Jap is a term used to define someone who is Japanese.  'The Jap' is much shorter than typing out on my phone 'The Japanese lady' is.  That and much easier than typing the wrestler's name out.  Fat fingers suck.

If that offends you, I am sorry.  If you like I could just not attempt any sort of PBP in the future.  I could just watch wrestling, not bother, and be happy.

Key word there: Could

Enjoy.

"Polak" is the Polish word for a male Pole.  "Pole" is the English word for someone who is Polish (and it's even shorter than your choice!). Many would consider "Polak" (or "Polack") derogatory.  I'm not offended, just a bit surprised.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

"Polak" is the Polish word for a male Pole.  "Pole" is the English word for someone who is Polish (and it's even shorter than your choice!). Many would consider "Polak" (or "Polack") derogatory.  I'm not offended, just a bit surprised.

When I am in Connecticut for work, I stay in Little Poland (New Britain, CT).  They refer to each other as Polaks.  My nieces exchange student is Polish as well.  I heard her use the term Polak dozens of times when they were there with me earlier this month.  I never got any sense from her or any of the residents that the word was bad to use.

I understand the flak I get for the 'turdbiscuit' word.  This I do not.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

When I am in Connecticut for work, I stay in Little Poland (New Britain, CT).  They refer to each other as Polaks.  My nieces exchange student is Polish as well.  I heard her use the term Polak dozens of times when they were there with me earlier this month.  I never got any sense from her or any of the residents that the word was bad to use.

Only Polaks can call Polaks by that name. Sort of like some other word.  But I can't remember that one.  DNA clearance to use certain words does seem a bit strange, right?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

Only Polaks can call Polaks by that name. Sort of like some other word.  But I can't remember that one.  DNA clearance to use certain words does seem a bit strange, right?

Yeah...that word we can't remember is a bit different. It has more historical context.

Polak is...IDK, I didn't think it was offensive. I have family that's Polish, it IS kinda used generally to make a joke. My Aunt I guess now that I think about it has always excused thrown it out there when my Cousins did something stupid by saying he's half Polak! Then her Husband would say, "what about our Daughter," and of course it was she got less of the Polak genes. Eh, that was their banter, but I don't recall anyone caring.

Jap is just what they'd have on the screen. I suppose if you just referred to people as "Japs," that'd probably not be ideal, but in this context it's more the Country you're talking about. 

Now...if you were to say the ...word that we've collectively forgotten is "up 5-0," I think it'd be reasonable to find that a bit troubling!

For MGR we have five (5) gents up today.  Floarena is being a bitch today and doesn't have the MGR brackets as of right now.  I am having to go through the results tab to see them.

60 KG - Phillip Moomey lost his R16 match to a gentleman from Kazahkstan via 9-0 Tech in 1M58S.

Jury is still out on Repechahge.

67 KG - Robert Perez lost his R16 match to a gentleman from Turkey via 2-0 Decision.

Jury is still out on Repechage.

72 KG - Justus Scott lost his R32 match to a gentleman from Spain via 6-0 Decision.  The gentleman from Spain then beat a gentleman from France via 5-1 in the R16.

Scott is still alive for Bronze.

82 KG - Tyler Eischens won his R16 match to a gentleman from Serbia via 10-3 Decision.

Eischens is still alive for Gold.

97 KG - Cade Lautt won his R16 match to a gentleman from Venezuela via Pinfell in 1M22S while up 4-0.

Lautt is still alive for Gold.

• Fire 2

72 KG - The gentleman from Spain that beat Scott lost his QF match to a gentleman from Russia.

Ergo he will not be pulled back in to Repechage.

Edited by nhs67

67 KG - The gentleman from Turkey that Perez lost to is on Mat A currently, and up 5-0 with 30S to go in the first period.

97 KG - Cade Lautt is up next on Mat A

tanxs, nhs67, for your PXP + results.

Even though, I don't put a lot of stock w/ USA greco, I do appreciate these guys giving it a go, none-the-less.

cheers for Friday morning!

D3

• Fire 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

82 KG - Eischens lost to the gentleman from Egypt in his QF match via 9-0 Tech in 1M42S.

97 KG - Lautt lost to the gentleman from Armenia in his QF match ia 8-0 Tech in 2M18S.

16 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Hard hittin' New Britain.

• Haha 1

60 KG - The gentleman from Kazahkstan that defeated Moomey lost in the QF to a gentleman from Georgia via Decision 10-5.

60 KG - Phillip Moomey lost his R16 match to a gentleman from Kazahkstan via 9-0 Tech in 1M58S.  The gentleman from Kazahkstan has since lost.

67 KG - Robert Perez lost his R16 match to a gentleman from Turkey via 2-0 Decision.  The gentleman from Turkey will wrestle in the semifinals in approximately two (2) hours (~10:45 AM US - Eastern).

Perez is still alive for Bronze.

72 KG - Justus Scott lost his R32 match to a gentleman from Spain via 6-0 Decision.  The gentleman from Spain has since lost.

82 KG - Tyler Eischens lost his QF match to a gentleman from Egypt via 9-0 Tech in 1M42S.  The gentleman from Egypt will wrestle in the semifinals in approximately two (2) hours (~10:45 AM US - Eastern).

Eischens is still alive for Bronze.

97 KG - Cade Lautt lost his QF match to a gentleman from Armenia via 8-0 Tech in 2M18S.  The gentleman from Armenia will wrestle in the semifinals in approximately two (2) hours (~10:45 AM US - Eastern).

Lautt is still alive for Bronze.

18 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Hard hittin' New Britain.

I wife laughed at that when someone said that to her.  Comparing it to Detroit(Flint) or basically any Miami 'burb is just laughable.

Unless it is a term used for cyclists.  I could see how some chubby guys would hate to ride the area.  Otherwise it's quite gentle.

We love the food there.  A great diversity of cultures in any direction you go.  Add in that I can basically get anywhere I need to within twenty minutes and it's a solid location.

If you're ever in/near the area and you like good, authentic Mexican tacos, the second best I have ever had are from a small corner store called Grocery La Paz at the corner of Olive St and Crown St in Meriden.

I will be getting some the next time I am in town, for sure.  I have been thinking about tacos since Tuesday when my favorite truck decided it wasn't going to be open on Tuesdays anymore (I just found out about it this week... what kind of an 'Authentic Mexican' truck isn't open on Tuesdays?!).

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I wife laughed at that when someone said that to her.  Comparing it to Detroit(Flint) or basically any Miami 'burb is just laughable.

Unless it is a term used for cyclists.  I could see how some chubby guys would hate to ride the area.  Otherwise it's quite gentle.

We love the food there.  A great diversity of cultures in any direction you go.  Add in that I can basically get anywhere I need to within twenty minutes and it's a solid location.

If you're ever in/near the area and you like good, authentic Mexican tacos, the second best I have ever had are from a small corner store called Grocery La Paz at the corner of Olive St and Crown St in Meriden.

I will be getting some the next time I am in town, for sure.  I have been thinking about tacos since Tuesday when my favorite truck decided it wasn't going to be open on Tuesdays anymore (I just found out about it this week... what kind of an 'Authentic Mexican' truck isn't open on Tuesdays?!).

You know how I know you're full of shit? Because no taco on the east coast can sniff a fart compared to literally the rest of the country. This is a hill I am very willing to die on. Hell, I'll get banned by the Senator before I back down from this fisticuffs.

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet