NWCA All-Star Classic

TampaTiger

1 hour ago, Pish said:

Aaron Brooks is THE best folkstyle wrestler in college. 

False. It’s just a crappy weight class and don’t @ me with that Amine bs

Lee, RBY, Yianni, AOC, off the top of my head. Brooks is a terminator but the best? NAHHHHH

• Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

7 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Lee, RBY, Yianni, AOC, off the top of my head. Brooks is a terminator but the best? NAHHHHH

Aaron Brooks is The best folkstyle wrestler this season. 

-Myles Amine

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

11 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Does this all-star event count toward individual records or its like a "friendly" or something?

I believe Flo said they were going to use them in their rankings.  So if coaches are lazy and use their rankings, it will impact seeding

@Husker_Du will Intermat factor these matches in the rankings?

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

I believe Flo said they were going to use them in their rankings.  So if coaches are lazy and use their rankings, it will impact seeding

Correct but Flo rankings are still irrelevant to the college coaches

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

@Husker_Du will Intermat factor these matches in the rankings?

Yes..they will be used as they should.  The matches happened.  We have Mark Hall as precedence, they not only matter for rankings but also for seeding (will be part of seeding criteria coaches rank).  

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

AOC???  LOL..all credibility lost with that take.

Folkstyle has 3 components, neutral, top and bottom..no one is as complete as Brooks..and it's not really close

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Bad take. There is a top tier of interchangeable guys that includes Brooks, Lee, Starocci, RBY, Yianni (I know he lost) and O'Toole

I think as of right now the discussion is between Brooks and O'Toole.

Lee will enter the conversation when (if) he actually wrestles.

Margin of victory, method of domination, and facets of all three areas of Folkstyle should be considered when making this detetmination.

Starocci and RBY can dominate people to the tune of 2-0/3-1 type victories, but their margin of victory ensures they cede in the discussion for the best collegiate folkstyle wrestler this season.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Spencer Lee would like a word. 

Spencer Lee hasn't wrestled and who knows what he looks like when he comes back.  As far as all three facets of folk..Spencer gets A from neutral, A+ on top an a C on bottom.

Brooks..A from neutral, A on top and A from bottom

Aren't you the one who said AOC in the conversation?  If true, you should be disqualifed from an opinion.  If I'm mistaken..sorry

Edited by Pish

25 minutes ago, Pish said:

Spencer Lee hasn't wrestled and who knows what he looks like when he comes back.  As far as all three facets of folk..Spencer gets A from neutral, A+ on top an a C on bottom.

Brooks..A from neutral, A on top and A from bottom

Aren't you the one who said AOC in the conversation?  If true, you should be disqualifed from an opinion.  If I'm mistaken..sorry

I did mention AOC and it was tongue in cheek. I always throw in a line about someone from IL - of course he's not in the same level as multi-time champs and world medalists lol.

Not sure why you would grade Lee a C on bottom though? When he makes it to the second period and goes down then he gets out quick. Brooks on top is fine... he controls the mat and walks away with 3+ mins of riding time usually. But he doesn't turn people at the rate of other hammers and if you're talking about a P4P then there has to be a higher level of dominance taken into the grading rubric.

i am an idiot on the internet

47 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think as of right now the discussion is between Brooks and O'Toole.

Lee will enter the conversation when (if) he actually wrestles.

Agreed. If O'Toole goes undefeated with more bonus and pins than Brooks. I would find it hard not to pick O'Toole. Then again, I don't get a vote that matters...

22 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

I did mention AOC and it was tongue in cheek. I always throw in a line about someone from IL - of course he's not in the same level as multi-time champs and world medalists lol.

Not sure why you would grade Lee a C on bottom though? When he makes it to the second period and goes down then he gets out quick. Brooks on top is fine... he controls the mat and walks away with 3+ mins of riding time usually. But he doesn't turn people at the rate of other hammers and if you're talking about a P4P then there has to be a higher level of dominance taken into the grading rubric.

Lee was pinned from Piccinini and has been ridden by Glory. 

I gave Lee an A+ on top. So no argument there. 

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Starocci and RBY can dominate people to the tune of 2-0/3-1 type victories, but their margin of victory ensures they cede in the discussion for the best collegiate folkstyle wrestler this season.

Which is interesting because I believe if Lee doesn't return than the Hodge is RBY's to lose.

Disagree.  If Lee doesn't return, or is a shell of himself if he does, I would favor O'Toole...if he's undefeated.  After that I would go Brooks next. O'Toole is going to put up more bonus than everybody other than Lee, plus his weight is better.  Obviously predicated on O'Toole running the table.  Brooks has the same number of NCAA titles as RBY, and has separated himself more clearly from the field.  Not that I think anybody is beating RBY, but I'm talking about in individual matches.  After Brooks it would probably go RBY and then Starocci, though.