Gaetz files for divorce

Plasmodium

7 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Hard right? What did you call the left that brought impeachments against the republican President so often they made it a national holiday.

Where's the equivalent actions within the Democrat party that equals the extremism within the GOP right now?

Inmate # PO1135809 impeached hisself twice by being so criminal.  One can't be impeached without clear wrongdoing. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

The reality making fantasy moment now is that the Democrats ousted McCarthy.

Which Democrat made the initial action to get this vote started?

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

20 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Where's the equivalent actions within the Democrat party that equals the extremism within the GOP right now?

Inmate # PO1135809 impeached hisself twice by being so criminal.  One can't be impeached without clear wrongdoing. 

you're adorable. 

TBD

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How bad does your spine hurt from bending so far over backward?

And exactly how did the Democrats trick Gaetz into calling for this vote?

And it is clear to me that McCarthy's appeasement to the hard right in deciding to bring an impeachment on Biden had absolutely nothing to do with the Democrats' vote. (That was sarcasm.)

I've been busy today but have heard no news suggesting any have brought an impeachment on Biden.  What did I miss?

So focused on their own little soap operas that they disregard their job. They don't forget their job; they just don't care.

Petty BS bickering on twitter got Trump into the White House by keeping his name in the headlines, they are just following that blueprint. Big mouth, loud comments, yet nothing of value to contribute.

It shouldn't work, but the sheeple that somehow (thanks Fox News) consider themselves informed fall for it all day long.

6 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I think I read no more votes this week in the House.  It's Tuesday.

They earned a break after immediately taking care of the most pressing issue facing our country today.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2023/10/03/congress/mchenry-pelosi-hideaway-office-house-remove-00119803

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

15 hours ago, mspart said:

All democrats voted to remove McCarthy.   This after he got them to agree not to shut down the government.   The D's were mostly for that bill over the weekend which was done by McCarthy.   They obviously did not like that he reached across the aisle and got something that they desperately wanted done done.   Or maybe they voted him down because he essentially forced them to vote to keep the government running ruining their ability to blame Rs for shutting it down.   Because they were all ready to blame the R's for shutting down the government.   And oops, he presented a bill that they had to vote for because it kept the government open.   

mspart

I love how you want to pin this on the Dems. They weren't the ones that initiated the divorce. If the Republicans weren't so dysfunctional McCarthy wouldn't have been ousted.

• Fire 1

Here's what stumps me:  where were all the other usual suspects within that authoritarian wing of the GOP?

Why was it just Gasmask Gaetz who voted this way and not Gymmy J., Lauren Public HJ Boebert, Marjorie Taylor White Power Green, etc.?

What is concerning is the joy some take when one side or the other is in shambles/messes up/does something stupid/etc...best analogy I heard of our government is the US is a bird and the R's are one wing and the D's are the other and thus hoping one side fails or screws up is hoping the US falls to the ground.

It really sucks that the House is in shambles and McCarthy got ousted...not because I am an R, but rather it means our government once again sucks.  I typically agree with one side;s policies, but also agree with the other sides at times too,...however, both sides do the same thing in terms of "bad" things.  Overall, get rid of the R and D, have term limits, and equal amounts of $$ and air time (can only talk about their policy ideas) to campaign on.

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It shouldn't work, but the sheeple ... consider themselves informed fall for it all day long.

You need to read the last of the Sammy Sasso thread.  We now live in a new world, evidently in this new world there is no right & wrong or true & false.  One can obtain and report their beliefs from/to social media.  Its a free country so you can say and believe whatever you want and its up to others to prove you are wrong.  🥴

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

What is concerning is the joy some take when one side or the other is in shambles/messes up/does something stupid/etc...best analogy I heard of our government is the US is a bird and the R's are one wing and the D's are the other and thus hoping one side fails or screws up is hoping the US falls to the ground.

That has a LONG history,  my friend!

" I want America to fail. "- Rush Shut Up And Put The Bone Back In Your Nose And Go Back To Africa Limburger.

I'll also add that "presidential" advisor, HUD McVeigh Hannity goes into a three hour long blind,  screaming rage when good economic reports hit. 

Edited by Ban Basketball

20 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Sorry,  but their actions,  words,  rage,  and constant obsession instructs otherwise. 

Ain't gonna sugarcoat hate with me. 

15 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

That has a LONG history,  my friend!

" I want America to fail. "- Rush Shut Up And Put The Bone Back In Your Nose And Go Back To Africa Limburger.

The second one is another for the “entirely false” category.  

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 2

Today former Virginia state champion & NCAA D1 (Liberty University) wrestler Bob Good  shared why he voted  as one of the 8 Republicans who recently pursued ousting House speaker Kevin McCarthy:

"We are $33 trillion in debt. Our border is being invaded. Family budgets are being crushed by gas prices, housing costs, and Bidenflation. American citizens are being targeted by a weaponized government. I voted to remove the Speaker because we cannot afford to wait and fight these battles next Congress, next year, or even next month. We have to fight for the American people today---and every day."

Rep. Good wears his wrestling coach credential with pride even to this day, by the way:

https://ballotpedia.org/Bob_Good