Yianni Vs Gomez Highlights

PortaJohn

11 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

Based off the highlights. That was pretty dominant.. With Andonian moving up. Gomes is putting himself in position to put a cap on his career 

well except for the possibility of running into that Paniro kid.  😲

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I know the statute of limitations is up on renaming the thread, but shouldn't it be just Gomez highlights?

Share some of your best whiskey with Bob, maybe will loosen him up enough to get 30 minutes.  

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I assume we collectively think Yianni is stiil the favorite to win 149 and complete the quad.

Prior to this match I would have said 95% sure he wins. If I said 75% after losing to Gomez in the fashion he did, would you say that I am pessimistic or optimistic?

What odds then for Paniro?  😉

3 hours ago, JBluegill133 said:

Does Paniro have any other wins of note besides his one over Gomez?  I am having trouble finding any on wrestlestat.  

From Wrestlestat: 

#85 Hallmark, Chaz (0 - 4) (Compare)    #70 Cal Baptist    11/12    Iowa State - Cal Baptist Dual    149    W    MD    11 - 2
#101 Bianchi, Joseph (3 - 2) (Compare)    #65 Little Rock    11/05    Iowa State - Little Rock Dual    149    W    DEC    3 - 2
#5 Gomez, Austin (3 - 1) (Compare)    #15 Wisconsin    11/05    Iowa State - Wisconsin Dual    149    W    DEC    9 - 4

I think you need to have an account on wrestlestat now to see full results, but it is a free account.

Edited by bdhof

18 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I assume we collectively think Yianni is stiil the favorite to win 149 and complete the quad.

Prior to this match I would have said 95% sure he wins. If I said 75% after losing to Gomez in the fashion he did, would you say that I am pessimistic or optimistic?

yes.............lol

On 11/19/2022 at 7:50 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

I am in your collective.  3x champ, world silver, smart, resourceful wrestler. Clear favorite. 

I'd say 75% is a little optimistic against the field given that the field is showing teeth. I don't think it starts with a 7.

The match was not a disaster for Yianni.  Hard fought first period.  Made a mistake allowing Gomez to go upper body, cost him 4, and put him in position of taking bad shots. 

It's early in the year, he's probably not fully in folkstyle mode, maybe he was up late working on a paper, etc.

Also we know if Gomez is at his best and you're not 100% ready he can beat anyone.

The score doesn't worry that much, but I would say Gomez looked a lot bigger and stronger, definitely a fuller 149 than Yianni.  And let's say they meet in NCAA final with many hours after weigh in before Saturday night match - big size delta.

Still see Yianni as strong favorite but this does take a coronation and give it a lot more suspense.

• Fire 2