Oh Canada

Husker_Du

Just now, Husker_Du said:

Canada is a dumpster fire or horrible policies.

let's take some time out from railing about our government and shit on the peeps up north.

US dairy’s actually have done this too. They are a part of a dairy union and when they were over producing, rather than drop the price of a gallon of milk, they dumped to “protect the price” and the union paid for it. 

I will,  as will they,  take their vacation,  child leave, marijuana, and health care policies/systems though. 

I never have run into many,  if any,  Canadians who didn't enjoy all of these things (excluding marijuana; it's so new I've not heard a "Canadian analysis"). 

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

21 minutes ago, Gus said:

US dairy’s actually have done this too. They are a part of a dairy union and when they were over producing, rather than drop the price of a gallon of milk, they dumped to “protect the price” and the union paid for it. 

the tweet says the Gov't made him dump it, not the co-op. 

TBD

Canada is even importing our mess:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-us-made-gun-exports-canada-shootings/#xj4y7vzkg

"Weapons flowed to Canada, Guatemala, Thailand and elsewhere as the National Rifle Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation primed markets by stoking opposition to gun control. Gun companies had help from the US government, which has used the Commerce Department and embassies to recruit buyers."

"In recent years, though, the number of semiautomatic pistols and assault rifles coming from the US each year has skyrocketed — from just 6,205 in 2003 to more than 66,000 in 2022. While those numbers are a small fraction of US domestic sales, in per capita terms Canada is now the biggest foreign buyer of American rapid-fire weapons."

"Over the same two decades, the country’s annual rate of shootings per capita — incidents referred to as “discharge firearm with intent” — surged almost sevenfold."

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I will,  as will they,  take their vacation,  child leave, marijuana, and health care policies/systems though. 

I never have run into many,  if any,  Canadians who didn't enjoy all of these things (excluding marijuana; it's so new I've not heard a "Canadian analysis"). 

I have Canadian friends and they hate the heath care system. Simple follow up procedures from check ups take months to get scheduled in. The govt is not effective at running things. 

• Fire 1

I may have said this but BC is sending cancer patients to Bellingham WA for cancer treatment.   Why?   Because they can't handle the case load.   No doctors or equipment.   Little Bellingham can for all of BC.  

Now that's saying something about the US system and the Canadian system.

mspart

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

i worked dairy farms for a number of years. 

Then you know what it’s like.  I spent a lot of time around two, both run by the same family, during high school and after.  I recently found a distributor for a dairy that’s about 60 miles away.  Grass grazed cows, pasteurized, not homogenized.  Closest thing I’ve had in years. 

1 hour ago, Ban Basketball said:

i had zero intuition Ban would be totally off on this topic. 

• Fire 2

TBD

14 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i worked dairy farms for a number of years. 

Those big three penny hookers down at The Pink Pony of Hillsborough and Lois in Tampa don't count, Brain.

Do better.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

16 hours ago, Gus said:

I have Canadian friends and they hate the heath care system. Simple follow up procedures from check ups take months to get scheduled in. The govt is not effective at running things. 

We take months to get appointments here too.

You're the only one I've truly ever met who alleges he knows Canadians that don't like their health care system.

In other words,  homey ain't buyin' it.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

16 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i had zero intuition Ban would be totally off on this topic. 

Yeah,  heck,  because,  after all, right from Canadians' mouths isn't accurate.