Getting a loaf of bread at Luis Vuitton.

Threadkilla

9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

Listen, it's a discussion board. We're here to discuss... kind of the point of the board to begin with.

I really do expect more from you. Your posting recently has been truly disappointing.

because you post zero substance.

you posted nothingness, i responded with substance, and you came back with a lie and more word salad.

like a child. 

• Stalling 1

TBD

14 hours ago, Le duke said:

Poor, rural, bright red areas.

At least, according to the last several decades of FBI crime statistics.

States with lowest violent crime rate: New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont.

States with highest violent crime rate: Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee and Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 8.55.22 AM.png

TBD

States with lowest violent crime rate: New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont.

States with highest violent crime rate: Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee and Alaska.

Murder

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 8.58.51 AM.png

TBD

Robbery

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 9.00.55 AM.png

TBD

Assault

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 9.02.03 AM.png

• Fire 1

TBD

Total Violent Crime

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 9.03.37 AM.png

• Fire 1

TBD

15 hours ago, Le duke said:

Meaning, non-urban, red-leaning areas drive the violent crime rate up.

Then why do the urban, blue-leaning politicians and wokesters worry about Bubba and Cletus going to jail?  No need to have bail reform and let-all-the-criminals-out-of-jail plans if pasty skinned rednecks are the ones going there.  Shouldn't incarcerating the rednecks put the prison populations into the proper equity balance?  (An ancilliary question:  shouldn't we demand criminal equity across the man/woman divide also be requiring a woman go to jail for every man who goes to jail.  Incarceration is inclusion = a new Incluceration Program!)

Maybe the term "violent crime" and the associated statistics do not align with what people experience.  Riots in multiple cities with billions of dollars in damage and many people killed = mostly peaceful protest and no violent crime statistics.  Yet it is scaring people and businesses who have choices out of the area.  Bubba shoots Cletus over the moonshine jug.  Several statistical violent crimes yet no one outside of the Hatfields and McCoys knows nor in any way feels unsafe or threatened.

Keep your stats and try to buy a loaf of bread at Luis Vuitton with it.  We'll keep our bodies and families and businesses safe by going elsewhere.

Edited by Lipdrag
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I live in a small rural town of about 3000 population and I can tell you crime is rampant here.  Why just a few weeks ago a neighbor’s bird dog escaped the backyard and ran loose through the neighborhood for several hours.  

Ding.  Another violent crime.  The local DA is going to indict Trump for it.  And 16 of his co-conspirator bird dogs.

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I live in a small rural town of about 3000 population and I can tell you crime is rampant here.  Why just a few weeks ago a neighbor’s bird dog escaped the backyard and ran loose through the neighborhood for several hours.  

Recently moved to similar size, ~4 mile from town, have had a few coyotes strolling thru our private 3 acres.  We keep our bread locked up in the house.

PS: our new good Gov has not yet banned vermin rifles as did the previous.  

Edited by ionel

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Recently moved to similar size, ~4 mile from town, have a had a few coyotes strolling thru our private 3 acres.  We keep our bread locked up in the house.

PS: our new good Gov has not yet banned vermin rifles as did the previous.  

Shall not be infringed.  

On 8/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, Paul158 said:

Do you think the businesses will get fed up with mob mentality and just close their business or relocate their business out of those cities. The mayors and Governors seem to just turn their head this mob mentality. I think they raised the amount you can steal before it is an actual crime.

On 8/20/2023 at 12:37 PM, Ban Basketball said:

For one,  these are rare instances,  and they're occurring in red and blue cities,  whatever that means. 

I also suspect there's a lot more to it than what Tattletale "News" is leading people to believe.  Keep the angry uninformed  and vice versa is all they are designed to do. 

To respond to both.   REI and Walmart are no longer in Portland OR for this very reason.   General shoplifting is so prolific that these stores were losing money.   Nordstrom left their  5 floor department location in San Francisco for the same reason.  The owners of the Westfield Mall in San Francisco left, no longer paying the lease.   The 1981 room Hilton closed down.   It may not be flash mobs, but it is general crime that is making these places apparently unfit for these businesses to continue doing business in those areas.  If you would like to read more on these examples:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/westfield-pulling-out-of-downtown-san-francisco/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/park-hotels-leaving-san-francisco-clouded-recovery/

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/records-show-rei-frustration-with-portland-officials-as-closure-loomed/

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/portlands-last-2-walmart-locations-closing-doors-friday/

My friends, this cannot continue and us have the convenient life we have grown accustomed to.   The experiment of allowing people to commit crime with no penalty is a failure and needs to be reversed.   It is time for law and order again.   My wife's uncle was beaten up by some random guy the other day in Portland.  He is 70.   He is a bus driver in Portland.   This has just gotten out of control.   This story of people being assaulted happens with regularity in towns and cities across the country but no arrests or investigations happen in the bigger cities.   We are degenerating into a living hell in these cities and it needs to stop.   NYC was similar then it got cleaned up and was one of the safer cities in which to reside.   It can be done.   But it takes decisive action and adhering to the rule of law. 

mspart

• Fire 1

Another anecdote, my son has worked in Target three times.   The last as a security guy.   He was not allowed to stop shop lifters and they were constant.   Great security force there.  He quit because it was extremely boring.   Now looking for a new job. 

mspart

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Another anecdote, my son has worked in Target three times.   The last as a security guy.   He was not allowed to stop shop lifters and they were constant.   Great security force there.  He quit because it was extremely boring.   Now looking for a new job. 

mspart

Granted,  I was never a security guard,  but even 25 years ago when I last worked in a retail setting we were strictly instructed to (1) give them the money if we ate robbed and (2) don't try to stop them if they do rob or steal and to call the cops.

25 years ago this was done for safety reasons,  as I suspect is still the case today. 

Irresponsible people are trying to dupe 30% of our population into thinking that this is out of control and something new.  Neither is these case. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

4 hours ago, mspart said:

But it takes decisive action and adhering to the rule of law. 

Adhering to the rule of law is not inclusive nor equitable because there is a diversity in the ways laws are respected.  Equity mandates that although diversity of obeying laws may cause diversity in punishment for breaking the laws then instead of changing the diverse behavior the laws and punishments must be changed until Asian females are incarcerated at the same rate as law breaking individuals.  We can either thug up the Asian females or stop punishing law breaking.  Either is acceptable to the Equity crowd.  It is easier to stop punishing law breakers than it is to induce Asian females to break laws.  This is the decisive action that has been taken by the Equity police.  Chicago declares a zero crime rate now that nothing there is illegal.  Equity achieved.  Now, on to that pesky global warming issue . . . 

• Fire 3

3 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Granted,  I was never a security guard,  but even 25 years ago when I last worked in a retail setting we were strictly instructed to (1) give them the money if we ate robbed and (2) don't try to stop them if they do rob or steal and to call the cops.

25 years ago this was done for safety reasons,  as I suspect is still the case today. 

Irresponsible people are trying to dupe 30% of our population into thinking that this is out of control and something new.  Neither is these case. 

All true.

Total Violent Crime

ScreenShot2023-08-24at9_03_37AM.thumb.png.c05dae4b0b7d2c904a23bf967e808e83.png

Now do states.

Helpful hint: The murder rate is higher in red states. The top 3 and 7 of the top 10 voted strongly R in 2020.

Unfortunately, this is not an R vs. D issue. It’s most strongly correlated to poverty, which knows no political affiliation. After that, education, which is perhaps why a city like Boston has such a low murder rate.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/homicide_mortality/homicide.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Unfortunately, this is not an R vs. D issue. It’s most strongly correlated to poverty, which knows no political affiliation. After that, education, which is perhaps why a city like Boston has such a low murder rate.

well ackshually

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

Takeaways

• The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
  • Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
  • Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
  • If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
  • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.
  • Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

Everyone wants to talk shit until they get a nice statistical WKN breakdown.

Limit guns, fiscal responsibility, quit cutting education, push back against healthcare 1%, socially liberal. That is all pretty much any American wants. But what do I know, I just represent a good darn many of you and the global income every day.

Oh sorry, I should add that I grew up in rural southern IL. Big Red isn't just a type of gum, it's a mindset. There was a school shooting a few years ago in my hometown. Would you like to take a guess what those same folks are suddenly interested in changing today? I'll give you a hint: The majority does not like the letters A and R or the number 1 and 5.

Maybe it's because those blowhards couldn't defend their innocent children. Then they saw Uvalde cosplaying their worst nightmare of "well I would have..." bullshit. And then they realized change is necessary from a thesis drafted during the musket days of slavery.

• Fire 2

22 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

you're Ban 2.0.

you're an idiot poster i scroll past. 

you're not a serious person. 

22 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

you're... <insult>

Listen, it's a discussion board. We're here to discuss... kind of the point of the board to begin with.

I really do expect more from you. Your posting recently has been truly disappointing.

13 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Good healthy discussion can be productive. We don't have to agree. Just keep it some what civil.

Good advice. The back-and-forth insults escalate into nothing good, yet we all seem to get caught up in them sooner or later. Discussion is the only reason I'm here... but it's difficult to avoid the insults.

12 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

because you post zero substance.

you posted nothingness, i responded with substance, and you came back with a lie and more word salad.

like a child. 

And there it is, just as we are speaking of civility.

5 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Good advice. The back-and-forth insults escalate into nothing good, yet we all seem to get caught up in them sooner or later. Discussion is the only reason I'm here... but it's difficult to avoid the insults.

And there it is, just as we are speaking of civility.

Oh well. We can always hope. Well I'm off to Ohio  to say a loving good bye to my 92 year old mother . She hasn't been well for some time .Hospice was started on Monday. She has a had good life. 

• Stalling 5