Sammy Sasso shot ...

DiverDownBrian

38 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean it’s right to say what he believes to be true, it’s both America and social media 

So is there a social media contract you have to sign requiring you past half truths and out right false info?  

59 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

As if Tom Ryan would let that shit fly. If he even got whiff of something like that going on, Sammy would be gone.

39 minutes ago, Tripnsweep said:

I don't think that is accurate at all. 

I agree with both of you, is that weird? I can see it both ways for sure.

18 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Do you have proof any of it is half truth or false ? 

Asking someone to disprove a negative.  It's on the person making the claim to prove it.

That said, I don't think it's necessarily inappropriate to discuss the situation, as long as it's couched in the framework that it's speculation.  If we're being honest, my first thought when I read the story was that it didn't quite add up; that doesn't mean it's not true, I've had stories that didn't make sense to me end up being true in my line of work

22 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Do you have proof any of it is half truth or false ? 

Did you watch the Ryder Cup?  Someone started a social media rumor that Catley wouldn't wear his hat cause wanted to get paid.  Euro fans were waving hats at him all tourney.  He addressed it after, said it was a lie.

Is that your world, any can make up half truths and lies but its up to the offended party to prove it untrue/false.

Edited by ionel

2 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

As if Tom Ryan would let that shit fly. If he even got whiff of something like that going on, Sammy would be gone.

I believe this about just about any other wrestler on the team, Sasso is the Ohio State flag bearer, Tom Ryan would bury that or strategically pretend he didn’t hear about it.  The ramifications for the program would be too vast.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Did you watch the Ryder Cup?  Someone started a social media rumor that Catley wouldn't wear his hat cause wanted to get paid.  Euro fans were waving hats at him all tourney.  He addressed it after, said it was a lie.

Is that your world, any can make up half truths and lies but its up to the offended party to prove it untrue/false.

In my world which the world we all live in ( unless willie tapped into the mars wrestling market when he took over) people can say anything they want , if it’s untrue Sasso probably could sue him , I’m a firm believer that anyone can say what they want bc this is America after all…mr Joey ward can post all he wants , you can post about how much of a clown he is for posting it , I can sit in the middle and agree with both your rights to post whatever the hell you want .

Ward can think it’s some shady stuff gone wrong , you can think he ran over a rat,got out the car to look at it and then was randomly car jacked and shot, either way it doesn’t change my opinion of the situation, I hope Sammy comes back 100 percent bc by all accounts he’s a great guy and goes out of his way to be kind to the young fans and I hope who shot him rots in prison 

who determines what true or not , you? Other random internet people?

4 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I believe this about just about any other wrestler on the team, Sasso is the Ohio State flag bearer, Tom Ryan would bury that or strategically pretend he didn’t hear about it.  The ramifications for the program would be too vast.

Agreed , he d have Jim Jordan down there doing damage control sweeping it under the rug 

45 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

In my world which the world we all live in ( unless willie tapped into the mars wrestling market when he took over) people can say anything they want , if it’s untrue Sasso probably could sue him , I’m a firm believer that anyone can say what they want bc this is America after all…mr Joey ward can post all he wants , you can post about how much of a clown he is for posting it , I can sit in the middle and agree with both your rights to post whatever the hell you want .

Ward can think it’s some shady stuff gone wrong , you can think he ran over a rat,got out the car to look at it and then was randomly car jacked and shot, either way it doesn’t change my opinion of the situation, I hope Sammy comes back 100 percent bc by all accounts he’s a great guy and goes out of his way to be kind to the young fans and I hope who shot him rots in prison 

who determines what true or not , you? Other random internet people?

Wow!  😕

• Fire 1

I dont think it really matters what he was doing in that alley- accidently smashing rats, buying a small amount of drugs for personal use, or anything in between.  Those like Ward who imply the narrative changes if Sasso was there making poor choices just don't get it.  A young man almost died as has had his life altered forever at the hands of some even younger people who will prolly spend years in prison and come out even worse  The whole thing is f-ing awful.  Full stop.

Edited by Bulldog
  • Fire 4

On 10/3/2023 at 9:36 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean people are donating 1000s of dollars to his go fund me , he’s probably going to get a sweet NIL deal from the situation, so I would argue that when the wrestling community (not known for being wealthy sport) are donating hard earned money to a cause that the truth is very important 

Maybe  people should get the truth before they post. Truth that's a big word for some people. 

On 10/3/2023 at 10:33 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

No I don’t I don’t know anymore then the average Joe on the situation which is why I didn’t link it, you were questioning why Joey ward posted it , I would bet he believes it’s true so he put the info out there , he even mentions the nil thing , so if he really believes it to be true for whatever reason why should he have to keep it to himself 

Maybe Joey should leave it to the authority's to investigate and find the truth. 

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Wasn't the official police account that he ran over the rat?  If that's not true then that would mean the police deliberately lied correct?

No that was just in a newspaper article , the only thing I’ve seen from police is that he was in alley talking to 2 kids when the 16 and 15 yr old came up shot and robbed him 

On 10/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, Ban Basketball said:

I'll just say this,  being that it was referenced in this thread a while back. 

The whole "drug deal gone bad" metaphor ( and,  yes,  it is that) gets overused and presented as an all-too common thing,  when,  in most cases,  that's not what happened with street violence. 

A "drug deal goes bad" when you have two parties making their livings off of drugs. One wants to get his/ her product at no cost or deceitful means,  while the other wants their money,  sometimes through deceitful means. 

Bottom line: Sasso isn't making a living off of drugs,  so it was not a "drug deal gone bad." That's just stupid and lazy on Ward and others' parts.

Well that's one scenario.  There's also other scenarios.  Ever see "The Wire?" Are you familiar with Omar Little (who was based on a real person)?  That is another type of bad outcome involved with dealing drugs.

23 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Wasn't the official police account that he ran over the rat?  If that's not true then that would mean the police deliberately lied correct?

Well, I have some bad news if people think that don't happens, lol.

However, in a case like this, it would be more likely they were lied to, if the information in the report was false.  Obviously they were not direct eye-witnesses themselves.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:39 PM, 1032004 said:

What if "the rat" wasn't actually a rat. Think Sopranos. Maybe he ran over a "rat" who was working for the police informing on Sasso as a drug kingpin managing a billion-dollar drug operation.

No, I'm not serious. And none of the other clowns here with their crazy fiction should be taken seriously.

Social media has really given a boost to crazy.

Maybe, just maybe, the police actually are doing a fine job and what you read in the newspapers is actually correct most of the time. 

Maybe we don't need another conspiracy theory every 3 days. (Even if that is what fuels the social media.)

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

39 minutes ago, jchapman said:

The running over a rat thing is so stupid, it almost has to be true.  No one would ever make up a lie that ridiculous.

Sure they would. Neighbors teen age kid was pulled over for swerving across double yellow line on the highway. Avoided a ticket by telling the State Trooper he swerved to avoid a pheasant that flew across the road.

Up here it could easily have been a muskrat...

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.