Does anyone really care if the Hollywood actors and writers are going on strike?

Paul158

16 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Well sadly sports all have predetermined outcomes written by those writers. If you see some games cancelled you'll know why!

Bob please explain all sports have predetermined outcomes. Now if you are watching WWE you would be right.

3 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Bob please explain all sports have predetermined outcomes. Now if you are watching WWE you would be right.

Professional sports are fixed and all the outcomes are predetermined by sports betting companies and the respective league heads. Everything is scripted and likely written by professional writers for the best storylines to garner attention. 

Just use the google for many articles and proof that sports are rigged.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

‘Just use Google for the proof’….

Is not quite the concrete it’s thought to be. 

Hopefully @mspart can pick up the slack and copy and paste some articles for me.

I have a heated debate between Tupac, Biggie, and JFK about who is still more popular that I'm tending to right now.

• Fire 1

58 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Hopefully @mspart can pick up the slack and copy and paste some articles for me.

I have a heated debate between Tupac, Biggie, and JFK about who is still more popular that I'm tending to right now.

Sorry Bob, you'll need to pick up your own slack.  Being dead doesn't excuse you from due diligence.

mspart

With the writers striking, I’m volunteering to write the Yellowstone series finale. I figure we’ll have five minutes of calf roping, Luke Combs sings a song, a ten minute chick fight, North Koreans parachute in and kill Kevin Costner, Matthew McConaughey shows up shouting “wolverines!” and saves the day then hooks up with Beth, setting up the spin-off, 2024. Sounds workable… who needs the writer’s guild?

15 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

There are plenty of great movies coming out, most of them just aren't making it to theaters because the only thing people pay to see are tent pole IP projects.  Which I watch but have to admit have largely dropped in quality.

It seems it is because the majority of the ticket buyers are roughly in their late teens. The demographic that is highly impacted by fads and hype.

As a capitalistic society, if it makes money it is in - quality is secondary at best.

Apple owes a considerable part of their fortune to the same demographic. But they are at least committed to quality... which is reassuring.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth