133 Nagao dec Teske 3-3

141 Woods dec Bartlett 6-3

149 Van Ness dec Voinivich 6-6

157 Franek dec Haines 9-6

165 Kennedy dec Messenbtink 12-6

174 Starocci dec Brands 12-9

184 Truax dec Calliendo 12-12

197 AJ Ferrari dec Brooks 15-12

HWT Kerk dec Cass. 15-15 TIE.  (If Steveson, Steveon MAJ Cass. 19-12 Iowa wins.)

125 Ayala dec Steen 3-0
133 Nagao dec Teske 3-3
141 Woods dec Bartlett 6-3
157 Franek dec Haines 9-6
165 Kennedy dec Messenbtink 12-6
174 Starocci dec Brands 12-9
184 Truax dec Calliendo 12-12
197 AJ Ferrari dec Brooks 15-12
HWT Kerk dec Cass. 15-15 TIE.  (If Steveson, Steveon MAJ Cass. 19-12 Iowa wins.)

Iowa isn’t winning a match after 141.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

26 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Caliendo 174, Brands 184, AJ 197, if he can get on the team. Assad redshirt

Serious question.  Are Iowa fans not paying attention to wrestling insiders who are all saying AJ is not only too big to go back down to 197 but also he doesnt want to because his goal is to fight light heavyweight in MMA.  @ionel are you and I the only two who have heard this by multiple sources?

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 2
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

58 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Iowa isn’t winning a match after 141.

Not unless they get Gable which seems unlikely.  Franek has a shot against Haines, but Bartlett also has a shot against Woods, and Ayala/Howard is a tossup.

Maybe not even 141 given the off season Bartlett is having. Finals of US Open, and I saw him in Newark, so I assume Nick Lee's warm up partner and heading to Serbia.

Oh, I’m aware. BB made a mental and physical jump recently. He had Nick Lee on the ropes and were it not for a short lapse in judgement, would’ve had a really good shot of pulling it off.

Just pointing out that all hope ends after 141.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, BlacknGold said:

Caliendo 174, Brands 184, AJ 197, if he can get on the team. Assad redshirt

What a about Swafford?

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Serious question.  Are Iowa fans not paying attention to wrestling insiders who are all saying AJ is not only too big to go back down to 197 but also he doesnt want to because his goal is to fight light heavyweight in MMA.  @ionel are you and I the only two who have heard this by multiple sources?

I believe yes ... yes we are.  Also, I'm sure he can make 285 wearing an orange jump suit and chains but will they let him wrestle on the mat in that attire? 🤔

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

I believe yes ... yes we are.  Also, I'm sure he can make 285 wearing an orange jump suit and chains but will they let him wrestle on the mat in that attire? 🤔

While we're at it.  Do you want to break it to the Iowa fans the Ben Kueter is a football recruit pursuing to play either LB or TE and will never wrestle 197 for the Hawkeyes

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I caught wind of this from a tweet by @Husker_Duin which he informed a tweeter follower that AJ would never make 197 again

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Oh, I’m aware. BB made a mental and physical jump recently. He had Nick Lee on the ropes and were it not for a short lapse in judgement, would’ve had a really good shot of pulling it off.

Just pointing out that all hope ends after 141.

Having a close match with someone he practices with every day doesn't mean he will beat woods or alirez. Hell I'm still waiting to see if he could even beat brock hardy

Edited by hawkguy

31 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

While we're at it.  Do you want to break it to the Iowa fans the Ben Kueter is a football recruit pursuing to play either LB or TE and will never wrestle 197 for the Hawkeyes

I don’t think anyone’s projecting he will except in the dream that he wrestles as a true freshman

a couple things:

1) regardless of what weight he goes (i don't see him ever making 197), i don't see any possible way AJ is eligible this year. 

a) he's not enrolled/accepted for the fall semester

b) i don't think there's a way he's up-to-date with his progress to graduation. he's been out of school for so long. it's possible (kids do it with gap years). but i don't think                he'd be back on track for Spring '24 unless he was taking classes either now in the fall. 

2) Gable-to-Iowa has legs. i'm not saying it's happening or a foregone conclusion, but i heard it months ago and - the last two weeks - from several people.

3) i'm on pins and needles with the gambling thing.

4) That being said - My take

125 Ayala dec. Howard - IA 3-0 Toss
133 Nagao dec Teske 3-3
141 Woods dec Bartlett IA 6-3
157 Franek dec Haines IA 9-6 Toss
165 Messenbrink dec. Kennedy dec 9-9
174 Starocci dec Calliendo PSU 12-9
184 Truax dec Nelson PSU 15-12
197 Brooks md Franklin PSU 19-12
HWT Kerk dec Cass. PSU 22-12

not close and that's giving toss ups to Iowa. 

fwiw - AJ Ferrari would never beat AB.

• Fire 4

TBD

3 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

a couple things:

1) regardless of what weight he goes (i don't see him ever making 197), i don't see any possible way AJ is eligible this year. 

b) i don't think there's a way he's up-to-date with his progress to graduation. he's been out of school for so long. it's possible (kids do it with gap years). but i don't think                he'd be back on track for Spring '24 unless he was taking classes either now in the fall. 

c) he's facing 1 to 15 with a trial date set for September.

ftfy   🙂

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think anyone’s projecting he will except in the dream that he wrestles as a true freshman

He's not wrestling as a true freshman at 197.  TE's and LB's play at 230 to 240lbs.  Even with a redshirt this year he'll have to be in the weight room putting on a lot of muscle and mass

14 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

a couple things:

2) Gable-to-Iowa has legs. i'm not saying it's happening or a foregone conclusion, but i heard it months ago and - the last two weeks - from several people.

3) i'm on pins and needles with the gambling thing.

4) That being said - My take

125 Ayala dec. Howard - IA 3-0 Toss
133 Nagao dec Teske 3-3
141 Woods dec Bartlett IA 6-3
157 Franek dec Haines IA 9-6 Toss
165 Messenbrink dec. Kennedy dec 9-9
174 Starocci dec Calliendo PSU 12-9
184 Truax dec Nelson PSU 15-12
197 Brooks md Franklin PSU 19-12
HWT Kerk dec Cass. PSU 22-12

not close and that's giving toss ups to Iowa. 

fwiw - AJ Ferrari would never beat AB.

Ferrari can still make 197. Though yes, eligibility/legal issues are a large hurdle to clear to get back on the mat. 

While I agree Brooks is the favorite, Ferrari definitely has a chance to beat AB in my mind. He might not be as technical as Brooks, but Brooks hasn't wrestled one guy in college that has Ferrari's pure athleticism and strength. In 1.5 seasons, he gave up just 2 TD's, both as a true freshman (one in the last 15 seconds of a 13-8 win over Buchanan at Big 12's, and one in a 3-2 loss to Noah Adams at the Cowboy Challenge tourney in Feb. He'd be right in that match. 

15 minutes ago, Laxhawk174 said:

Ferrari can still make 197. Though yes, eligibility/legal issues are a large hurdle to clear to get back on the mat. 

While I agree Brooks is the favorite, Ferrari definitely has a chance to beat AB in my mind. He might not be as technical as Brooks, but Brooks hasn't wrestled one guy in college that has Ferrari's pure athleticism and strength. In 1.5 seasons, he gave up just 2 TD's, both as a true freshman (one in the last 15 seconds of a 13-8 win over Buchanan at Big 12's, and one in a 3-2 loss to Noah Adams at the Cowboy Challenge tourney in Feb. He'd be right in that match. 

You are describing a guy who has not taken two years off of wrestling. Not AJ Ferrari.