How do you feel about Flo?

peanut

How do you feel about Flo? [Poll]  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Flo's ability to reliably deliver content?

• Good
    • Average
    • Poor
  2. 2. How would you rate Flo's content?

• Good
    • Average
    • Poor
  3. 3. How would you rate Flo's pricing?

• Good
    • Average
    • Poor

59 minutes ago, wrestlingshoe said:

But there are lots of other cars and dealers to choose from. 

That’s what a guy who drives a Honda Fit but dreams of one day of owning a Smart car would say.

Not an exact parallel, but the point is the same. Like I said, we are our own worst enemy in wrestling, being satisfied with mediocrity. It is ok to want more, to want better, to not be grateful just for being allowed to exist.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, DJT said:

That’s what a guy who drives a Honda Fit but dreams of one day of owning a Smart car would say.

Not an exact parallel, but the point is the same. Like I said, we are our own worst enemy in wrestling, being satisfied with mediocrity. It is ok to want more, to want better, to not be grateful just for being allowed to exist.

This sport is proud to be poor. Weird because just like hockey, the best are anything but.

Reminds me a lot of my tiny rural hometown where dreams go to die. Except those of us who left and excelled.

There is nothing wrong with having increasingly higher expectations once a foothold has been established. There is a problem with mediocrity and accepting mediocrity as not only a baseline, but an acceptable norm. For example, if I got 6th in state would I be happy doing that year in and year out? Because Flo is consistently an underachieving state placer when it should be competing for Fargo titles with dreams to compete for world titles. Sure, it gets the tournaments (beating the state champ during the season) but it can't actually broadcast for crap (dropping a match in the second round) and then expects the customers to just take it (dropping another match in the consi semis).

FloWrestling is Marinelli incarnate.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

6 hours ago, MPhillips said:

First apology since the Iowa/OSU debacle.:classic_dry:

Which year was the Iowa/OSU debacle?  

2023 at Iowa BTN televised

2022 Bout at the Ballpark Flo streams - I only recall minor issues

2021 No Dual - COVID conference only schedule

2020 At Iowa BTN televised

2019 This was a massive dual.  Both entered undefeated ranked 2 and 3 behind an undefeated PSU.  It was the last dual of the season for both teams and was won by OSU.  Picc pinned Spencer Lee.  I recall minor issues watching this but not a total meltdown.  Was this the year?

2018 At Iowa BTN televised.

2017 This was a pretty massive dual too.  OSU was ranked #1 and Iowa #3.  I don't recall watching this one.  If I did I am sure there were issues with the stream freezing that caused me to reload and such.

2016 Grapple on the Gridiron. This was actually the first dual of the season and was actually wrestled Now 2015.  It was at Iowa and on BTN.The total meltdown I remember was the 2017 Season Finale between OSU and PSU at Gallagher-Iba.

2015?

• Fire 1

55 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Emphasis on breakdowns

So it stalling or not? I mean, you have to break the guy down to attempt to pin him.. what if the guy keeps basing up before you can attempt a pinning combination? Is a breakdown in and of itself part of attempting to pin? Will repeated breakdowns satisfy the new requirement for the top man to attempt to pin? Will bottom wrestlers be able to draw stall calls just by bellying out and basing up and not really attempting to escape?

The way our sport is set up has positives and negatives.  If our sport was one of the four major sports. If it was a lot more popular and our top 10 in each weight were millionaires or even close, we wouldn't have the same access to the sport we do now.  Two of my best memories are sitting next to Burroughs in a bar the night before a coaches clinic after he won the olympics. l and talking lake normal humans beings. The other is having a coaches BBQ at a camp in 2010 where Kenny Monday was the main clinician.  We sat at a table for a couple hours with a few other coaches and talked about wrestling, talked about family, talked about life. As a club and HS coch there are many more elbow rubs at regional and national tournament la, just like many coaches and young wrestlers across the nation. That wouldn't happen if we had what others have.  There is an intimacy to this sport that is unrivaled. Not in many other arenas do young athletes compete in the same gym as Olympic champions. 

5 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

it wasn't iowa-osu

it was PSU-OKST in what was the finals of the National Duals when it had that bowl-esque format.

i was with flo at that time. 

He know's, I know, we know that. Did you read the thread brother?:classic_smile:

Edited by MPhillips