2023 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Sorry, Bud.

I did want to see what Chittum could do at 157 for your squad.

Hopefully the part on him leaving is incorrect.

For morale purposes, your squad is better off without the Focus family.

I finally went over to Hawkeye report and one thing has become obvious to me. People really don’t get how 1-2 people can destroy the culture of the room

3 minutes ago, BFosr1 said:

Can Chittum go 149? Lamer just left and he has a good relationship with Alec Pantaleo.

I don't think he can go 149.

This said, a depleted version of him is much better than Mayora (all due respects).  Mayora could contend for a MAC title in 2025 or 2026.  He'll never contend in the B1G.  I would prefer Kim up at 149 and he would be drastically undersized.

Also, Michigan has two prospects that are 2-3 years younger in Mantanona and Gilcher coming in with another (slightly smaller) Mantanona comping in the following year.  Add in that Joel Adams will be a factor in a year (or two depending on how he manages Oly-shirt and Redshirt and Gap year stuffs), and I don't know if Chittum would even have a seat at the table.

We have seen consistent improvement from the Mantanonas and Gilcher and Adams and they are younger.  Chittum seems to have plateaued off after he bumped up from 145 to 160 and beat Valencia.  I do wish him the best.  Nobody deserves the toxic effect that is the Focus family.  That said, this is his second college he committed to without wrestling a minute, proper, in their singlet(s).  Perhaps it isn't just the Iowa or Minnesota cultures and his personal code isn't of a well enough standard to succeed at the D1 level, which is fine - let him focus Freestyle and wrestle for CKWC.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 hours ago, ionel said:

He still had drug issues after he left, check the video.

Absolutely...... no argument here. Great that Loch Haven and Moore stuck with him and played a part in his overcoming personal problems to become a success.... something that didn't happen at Ok State.  A mid-level (if that) school where kids can still succeed....imagine that.  My point being (as a response to another comment), don't diss on the Mid-low level programs like the Rutgers and Loch Havens where kids can still be successful. In the day and age of NIL and the focus being Iowa vs PSU ... It just makes me a bigger fan of the mid-tier programs. 

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This said, a depleted version of him is much better than Mayora (all due respects).  Mayora could contend for a MAC title in 2025 or 2026.  He'll never contend in the B1G.  I would prefer Kim up at 149 and he would be drastically undersized.

Also, Michigan has two prospects that are 2-3 years younger in Mantanona and Gilcher coming in with another (slightly smaller) Mantanona comping in the following year.  Add in that Joel Adams will be a factor in a year (or two depending on how he manages Oly-shirt and Redshirt and Gap year stuffs), and I don't know if Chittum would even have a seat at the table.

We have seen consistent improvement from the Mantanonas and Gilcher and Adams and they are younger.  Chittum seems to have plateaued off after he bumped up from 145 to 160 and beat Valencia.  I do wish him the best.  Nobody deserves the toxic effect that is the Focus family.  That said, this is his second college he committed to without wrestling a minute, proper, in their singlet(s).  Perhaps it isn't just the Iowa or Minnesota cultures and his personal code isn't of a well enough standard to succeed at the D1 level, which is fine - let him focus Freestyle and wrestle for CKWC.

Joel Adams will be an interesting one to watch down the road. The old cliche of how he will transition to folk style after focusing on greco the next year or two. 

28 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Joel Adams will be an interesting one to watch down the road. The old cliche of how he will transition to folk style after focusing on greco the next year or two. 

The correlation I hate using, but seems apt save for one or two things is Peyton Omania of Michigan State.

Omania isn't nearly as athletic or good at the fundamentals of Greco nor Folkstyle as Joel Adams.  He does have hips like Demas, though, which always gave him a puncher's chance.  Adams isn't going to need a puncher's chance with the coaching staff and resources at UofM.  There are several high schools in their area with better rooms than Michigan State FTSOF.

Amazing how quickly tides turn.... One day Iowa is competing for the national title...the next top 10. One day Chittum is the favorite at 157...the next he is heading to ISU. One day all the Ferraris are heading to Iowa...the next day Rutgers enters the picture. As the Iowa Word Turns ...

11 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Amazing how quickly tides turn.... One day Iowa is competing for the national title...the next top 10. One day Chittum is the favorite at 157...the next he is heading to ISU. One day all the Ferraris are heading to Iowa...the next day Rutgers enters the picture. As the Iowa Word Turns ...

But my pastry source says Chittum should still win the 157 title for Iowa St.  🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Is this Gilcher related to the one at Indiana?

57 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Is this Gilcher related to the one at Indiana?

Yes.  The younger brother.

I would love to see Derek at UofM as a Grad Transfer for his senior season.  Him at 165 and Amine at 174.  Which is also the reason I want to see Amine at 174 this coming season (on top of him putting a whooping on Stalrocci).

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Sorry, Bud.

I did want to see what Chittum could do at 157 for your squad.

Hopefully the part on him leaving is incorrect.

For morale purposes, your squad is better off without the Focus family.

This is an overreaction. They don't need to hang out on campus, just wrestle in the room. We have wrestling recruits enacting cancel culture on each other when parents should be focused on developing the kids for next season. Penn State is training their ass off and Iowa recruits are fighting? No wonder Penn State wins every season, the rest of the talent in the country cant even share a room together because it hurts each others feelings. Maybe this decade will be like that last one

This is an overreaction. They don't need to hang out on campus, just wrestle in the room. We have wrestling recruits enacting cancel culture on each other when parents should be focused on developing the kids for next season. Penn State is training their ass off and Iowa recruits are fighting? No wonder Penn State wins every season, the rest of the talent in the country cant even share a room together because it hurts each others feelings. Maybe this decade will be like that last one

You Iowa guys really don’t get it, do you?

Penn State isn’t “training their ass off”. They use periodized training with build, rest, recovery and peak periods built in.
When every day is Iowa-style full bore, no day is truly a maximum, best effort. The athlete is still struggling to get over previous days/weeks/months of practice and associated accumulation of fatigue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

I don't think it is an overreaction.

Did not one of the Focus brothers drive by a former teammates house repeatedly after threatening to shoot him?

Genuine life well-being is not an overreaction.

You need to just stop.

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't think it is an overreaction.

Did not one of the Focus brothers drive by a former teammates house repeatedly after threatening to shoot him?

Genuine life well-being is not an overreaction.

You need to just stop.

Chittum would love the program and fan base, would have been fine. Just got in his feelings over something stupid 

8 minutes ago, BlacknGold said:

Chittum would love the program and fan base, would have been fine. Just got in his feelings over something stupid 

Again... if yourself or your son were put in to a hostile environment with someone who has pending 'potential' charges for gun related threats against them would you not protect you and/or your offspring?  This isn't even adding in the fact that he was actively driving up and down their road while issuing the supposed threats.

You are choosing a very stupid hill to die on, especially since that Focus brother likely wasn't seeing any starting time in the lineup any time soon.  I mean.. didn't he choose to not wrestle his last year in high school because he couldn't beat the guy in the starting lineup and he didn't want to go up or down?  This is the guy you are defending?

Edit: ADDITIONALLY... he (Anthony) didn't even get accepted in to Iowa.  He didn't meet criteria to be allowed in to a school that PD3 was allowed in to FFS.  Do yourself a flavor or three and get over that clown.

Edited by nhs67
  • Fire 1

Just now, Le duke said:

They do need a 157lber for a season while Swiderski redshirts.

3 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Who could have known that the Ferrari family was a cancer? A blight?

Well, apparently about 83% of HR.  

EDIT:  There were people on here claiming that I was bullshitting about not wanting Anthony or AJ.  Not that I could have specifically seen it being THIS bad THIS fast, but the upside was extremely, extremely limited.

Edited by VakAttack