2023 Transfer Portal

5 hours ago, DJT said:

Did Bono release him?

Luckily Gomez is a grad-transfer and doesn't need that turdbiscuit's release to do so.

I think that he is a competitor and it is a good chance he does.  I don't think it is 50/50 but I do think it is more than 0% - which is significant.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

I must have missed something. Why are you slagging Bono?

Even before Burwikk, Bono was known as a turdbiscuit.

The Burwikk thing?  C'mon man.  That's easy money.

• Fire 2

On 7/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, flyingcement said:

Ryan Sullivan, who served his redshirt year as a Pitt Panther before becoming a national qualifer for West Virginia in 2021 - has resurfaced as the heir apparent at 141 for the Clarion Golden Eagles

Woah, that’s a solid pickup! Where’d you see this at? I was wondering where he was at when he didn’t wrestle for WVU this past year 

13 hours ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

Woah, that’s a solid pickup! Where’d you see this at? I was wondering where he was at when he didn’t wrestle for WVU this past year 

I was just kicking around wrestlestat and saw him listed on the 141 rankings with a new team listed and it caught my eye.  Didn't see this on social media anywhere.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

So Anthony Echemendia has been training with Cyclone RTC for some time and the boys on the Cyclone Fanatic page are speculating as to whether he will eventually rejoin NCAA wrestling at Iowa State

Didn't he try to kill his wife or something?

Also, did Chittum's daddy sign off on it?  Heard he was pissed that Swiderski was pushing him up to 165.  Also heard Swiderski told Daddy Chittum to pound sand and to go chop some wood.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, flyingcement said:

So Anthony Echemendia has been training with Cyclone RTC for some time and the boys on the Cyclone Fanatic page are speculating as to whether he will eventually rejoin NCAA wrestling at Iowa State

Watched him wrestles 2-3 times last season. Not bad. He still needed some work...

33 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Clarion is quietly getting a shit tonne of MACworthy talent.  How many is that through the portal for them the last two years?

Edit: Looks like half their starters...

Edited by nhs67

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Clarion is quietly getting a shit tonne of MACworthy talent.  How many is that through the portal for them the last two years?

For their potential lineup next year all these guys are transfers.  They did lose the All-American Will Feldkamp to Iowa State, but they also gained him through the portal in the first place from Northern Illinois.  

133: Varndell from Edinboro

141: Sullivan from West Virginia

157: Alejando Herrera Rondon from Oklahoma

165: Cameron Pine from Campbell

285: John Meyers from Seton Hill

Couple years ago there was Brent Moore from Virginia Tech and notably lost grad transfer Bulsak to Rutgers where he became AA for them.

Someone posted the home attendance stats last year and Clarion was bottom of the barrel.  It's a shame because that part of PA is rich in wrestling history and has plenty of fan interest.  It's just a very low population there and you have a lot of colleges in PA with wrestling all offering state tuition.  Penn State gobbling up most of the big fish. As a coach, it's a tough predicament but as a fan even tougher.  If the coach succeeds under such hostile circumstances, he is paid more by a bigger program.  And then what as a fan?  NDSU right now as a prime example

On 7/24/2023 at 12:41 AM, flyingcement said:

Someone posted the home attendance stats last year and Clarion was bottom of the barrel.  It's a shame because that part of PA is rich in wrestling history and has plenty of fan interest.  It's just a very low population there and you have a lot of colleges in PA with wrestling all offering state tuition.  Penn State gobbling up most of the big fish. As a coach, it's a tough predicament but as a fan even tougher.  If the coach succeeds under such hostile circumstances, he is paid more by a bigger program.  And then what as a fan?  NDSU right now as a prime example

Clarion is light years ahead of Bloomsburg who has fallen off a cliff since Stutzman left , schools only 2 hrs apart with similars issues 

On 7/21/2023 at 2:54 PM, flyingcement said:

Dresser spoke pretty highly of him in the Stalemates interview 

• Fire 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, DJT said:

Becoming a Medieval Times knight would be a good career move for Gable, in my opinion. Hopefully at the Schaumburg castle.

We would enjoy his services at the Dallas, Texas castle lol. 

Then he might be rumored to be the leading HC candidate for the hopefully proposed D1 program in Texas. They haven't raised the money, haven't made an official announcement, but Tony Ramos is currently rumored (by the clowns in Texas that claim to know everything about the wrestling scene) to be the leading candidate for the HC job. 

Please donate. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

any possibility of bumping Whisenhunt to 141 to make room for both of these guys?  Kaylor might be able to man 133

I am pretty sure that the plan is to keep Kaylor at 125 and Whisenhunt at 133. I am not sure how big Maximo is if he would be the one to go up to 133 to challenge. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐