Missouri vs Iowa State

flyingcement

Kraisser ISU Jacques Mizz

Jacques with the ankle pick and Kraisser over the back. Scrambling. minute left. Kraisser worrking hard and gets the TD looking for back points. Doesn't get them 2-0 end 1.

Kraisser on top. Kraisser looking to reverse. Stalemate. Kraisser mat return. RT over a minute. Kraisser with the ride out. 2-0.

Jacques riding to start 3rd. Gets RT under 1 min. Jacques on the leg gets the stall. Still riding after reset. And it ends that way back to back ride outs. 2-0.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I didn't catch either guys name. Not sure who is wrestling. Some guy named Carr against another guy named O'Toole apparently.

Carr dances, O'Toole stalks. Nothing yet. O'Toole sweep single attempt, Carr double attempt neither connect. Carr in deep on the left leg, working around and hooks the ankle. O'Toole splits the right leg back, but Carr keeps working for the TD. 2-0. end of 1.

Carr quick escape 3-0. O'Toole gets the TD but Carr out immediately. 4-2. Refs want to take a look. Call stands. 1:31 left. Carr stuffs O'Toole's shot. O'Toole gets the ankle, but Carr gets out and turns on O'Toole and gets the TD with 4 secs to go. 6-2 Carr after 2.

O'Toole up to his feet but back down quickly. Carr over a minute of RT. Resetting. O'Toole very active on bottom. Carr hanging on to leg, gets the stall, and they reset. Carr finishes on top. 7-2. Very impressive.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Fire 2

Jacques with the ankle pick and Kraisser over the back. Scrambling. minute left. Kraisser worrking hard and gets the TD looking for back points. Doesn't get them 2-0 end 1.
Kraisser on top. Kraisser looking to reverse. Stalemate. Kraisser mat return. RT over a minute. Kraisser with the ride out. 2-0.
Jacques riding to start 3rd. Gets RT under 1 min. Jacques on the leg gets the stall. Still riding after reset. And it ends that way back to back ride outs. 2-0.
Looks like you mixed up the names and had me worried. Jacques won 2-0

Glad we're not seeing a duck here with the dual locked up for Mizzou.

8 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
17 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Looks like you mixed up the names and had me worried. Jacques won 2-0

Sorry about that.

5 minutes ago, pawrestler said:

What do people think about this? I feel like this is recency bias. This match was great but gotta think Gomez 9-2 (or close) over Yianni was more impressive? 

I think the perception around the Gomez-Yianni match up is that it was more flukey in that the 4 point move is more difficult to replicate, where as here Carr just seemed a class above KOT. Also Gomez didn't score offensively until over halfway thru the second period, whereas Carr was in control throughout.  Pure eye test in this one, to me, is that this was the best performance, so I agree with CP.  Great from both winners, though.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Match took too long. Past the 15 minute edit period, but Johnson in deep, Mauller wizzers, then turns the wizzer into a pinfall. Holy crap.

Wizards and pinfalls! Holy crap is right, what did I miss?  😮

I just got home from the 2 hr drive to CoMo.  Lots of exciting/close matches and good crowd in attendance when you consider it's a Wednesday night dual.  Glad to see the "home boys" win the dual.  Kudos are in order to Carr for winning the feature match, and to both for not ducking and helping to fill the seats.  Already looking forward to round two and KO's adjustments.  Going to be a lot of good battles between these two and will elevate both for next level.  Iowa State is my 2nd favorite team and I root for them as long as they are not wrestling my Tigers.  Have a lot of respect for Dresser and what he is doing with that program.  

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I think the perception around the Gomez-Yianni match up is that it was more flukey in that the 4 point move is more difficult to replicate, where as here Carr just seemed a class above KOT. Also Gomez didn't score offensively until over halfway thru the second period, whereas Carr was in control throughout.  Pure eye test in this one, to me, is that this was the best performance, so I agree with CP.  Great from both winners, though.

Yeah...that's true, but he was damn close a couple times in the 1st period as well.

I thought that was the extent of the excitement that match would bring. Obviously...I was wrong.

11 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Swiderski ISU Hart Mizz

Hart looking like he is borrowing Bo Nickal's noodle arms. And he uses them like Nickal to get a leg elevated and finishes for 2. Tring for back points but only two swipes. Has Swiderski stretched out and flat. Swiderski not doing a thing on bottom. Stalemate called as Hart reaches for the bow and arrow. Come on. I want that b&a. Stall on Swiderski. Hart gets a loose cradle and can't hold it. Ends 2-0 with 2:34 of RT.

Start neutral in second. Swiderski pressuring gets an ankle pick but can't finish and they scramble. Stopped for blood. Both guys looking to wrestle from distance. Swiderski on the ankle leg elevated, can't get around behind, and period ends. 2-0.

Swiderski lets Hart up 3-0 to start third.  Hart in deep on a single elevates, Swiderski hopping, and Hart with the TD. 5-0. Rides out the third, gets a stall 7-0. Cuts him too late to get the major.  7-1 final.

Why no nearfall with two swipes?