Iowa is favored over PSU in the dual for sure

Jimmy Cinnabon

Both teams dominated top 5 opponents last night but I came away thinking Iowa is definitely favored in a dual due to matchups

125: Lee by FALL within the first period.  He's been pinning everyone lately and Steen has no shot. 6-0 Iowa

133: RBY DEC Teske.  RBY has been content to win by decision so far and Teske is no slouch. 6-3 Iowa

141: Woods DEC Barlett.  Woods is going to win it all this year.  Just too fast and explosive.  9-3 Iowa

149: Murin DEC SVN.  Murin has been on a tear lately and SVN has shown he's a little too straight on from neutral.  12-3 Iowa

157: Haines DEC Siebrecht.  Bit of a tossup but Haines just beat the #16 and #10 wrestlers.  12-6 Iowa

165: Kennedy DEC Facundo.  Kennedy is just better right now.  15-6 Iowa

174: Starocci DEC Brands.  Brands will keep it close to save the bonus point.  15-9 Iowa

184: Brooks DEC Assad.  See 174.  15-12 Iowa

197: Dean DEC Warner.  Close battle, Warner hasn't look great lately.  15-15 tie

HWT:  Cass DEC Kerk.  Kerk has a hand injury and a bad gas tank lately.  Cass gets the win.  18-15 IOWA WINS

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I think svn beats murin but siebricht wins at 157. Excited to see facundo and Kennedy go at it, but watch cael put Lee out instead. Kirk will need to wrestle with more enthusiasm than he did last night If he wants to beat Cass again. Will be a fantastic dual.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Both teams dominated top 5 opponents last night but I came away thinking Iowa is definitely favored in a dual due to matchups

125: Lee by FALL within the first period.  He's been pinning everyone lately and Steen has no shot. 6-0 Iowa

133: RBY DEC Teske.  RBY has been content to win by decision so far and Teske is no slouch. 6-3 Iowa

141: Woods DEC Barlett.  Woods is going to win it all this year.  Just too fast and explosive.  9-3 Iowa

149: Murin DEC SVN.  Murin has been on a tear lately and SVN has shown he's a little too straight on from neutral.  12-3 Iowa

157: Haines DEC Siebrecht.  Bit of a tossup but Haines just beat the #16 and #10 wrestlers.  12-6 Iowa

165: Kennedy DEC Facundo.  Kennedy is just better right now.  15-6 Iowa

174: Starocci DEC Brands.  Brands will keep it close to save the bonus point.  15-9 Iowa

184: Brooks DEC Assad.  See 174.  15-12 Iowa

197: Dean DEC Warner.  Close battle, Warner hasn't look great lately.  15-15 tie

HWT:  Cass DEC Kerk.  Kerk has a hand injury and a bad gas tank lately.  Cass gets the win.  18-15 IOWA WINS

This is not crazy, but PSU wins one of the matches at 149 or 165 and maybe both.  PSU gets bonus from at least one of 133, 174, and 184 and maybe in two of these matches.   197 and 285 could split, but lean slightly PSU.   Pretty amazing that undersized Dean so often beats top full-sized 197lbers by bringing more whupass.  Warner could find a way with a stallfest.  The guys is a warrior but such a frigging bore to watch.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

If I’m Penn St I weigh Steen in, start at 125 and then forfeit. Don’t give Lee the chance to fire up Iowa. Let Teske be the actual first match. RBY wins by major, thus giving the advantage to State. 

Skipping the mind games and just putting the best team out they can is a much better strategy. 

I promise, you guys don't have to treat the Pastry as a serious person.  He's a Penn State fan trying to reverse jinx things, while also portraying a person pretending to be a Penn State fan.  It's a very layered troll job, so I respect that.

125: Lee FALL Steen
133: Bravo Young MDEC Teske/Schriever
141: Woods DEC Bartlett
149: Murin DEC Van Ness
157: Haines DEC Siebrecht
165: Kennedy DEC Facundo
174: Starocci DEC Brands
184: Brooks DEC Assad
197: Dean DEC Warner
HW: Cassioppi DEC Kerkvleit

owa wins 18-16.

Obviously could see flips at 149-165 and HW. Less likely but possible flips at 141 and 197. Lots of moving parts.  Penn State could also get bonus at 184 and, potentially, 197. depending on how flat Warner is.  Iowa doesn't really have a path to more bonus that Lee other than if he were to put Kerk feet to back, which I doubt.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I promise, you guys don't have to treat the Pastry as a serious person.  He's a Penn State fan trying to reverse jinx things, while also portraying a person pretending to be a Penn State fan.  It's a very layered troll job, so I respect that.

125: Lee FALL Steen
133: Bravo Young MDEC Teske/Schriever
141: Woods DEC Bartlett
149: Murin DEC Van Ness
157: Haines DEC Siebrecht
165: Kennedy DEC Facundo
174: Starocci DEC Brands
184: Brooks DEC Assad
197: Dean DEC Warner
HW: Cassioppi DEC Kerkvleit

owa wins 18-16.

Obviously could see flips at 149-165 and HW. Less likely but possible flips at 141 and 197. Lots of moving parts.  Penn State could also get bonus at 184 and, potentially, 197. depending on how flat Warner is.  Iowa doesn't really have a path to more bonus that Lee other than if he were to put Kerk feet to back, which I doubt.

So I'm a troll yet you basically agree with my predictions, almost exactly?

25 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Well said, but a mild disagreement-  I don't think PSU needs to find anything.  They would have to lose something unexpected to drop this dual.

So if Jimmy were to sit in between Karl & Kasey on the bench would that be enough to throw them off?  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

So if Jimmy were to sit in between Karl & Kasey on the bench would that be enough to throw them off?  

Just the opposite.  They were hoping JC would bring some added mojo for the team.

How did you find out about that?  Honor Jimmy Cinnabon Night was supposed to be top secret.

• Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Well said, but a mild disagreement-  I don't think PSU needs to find anything.  They would have to lose something unexpected to drop this dual.

I don't agree with that at all. If matches go as expected, based on rankings, it will come down to heavyweight. Cass is 3-1 vs Kerk, so could you really call that loss unexpected? Ironically, I think that match is the most "toss-up" of them all.

Per usual, it's going to be a great dual and both teams are going to have to bring it.

55 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Just the opposite.  They were hoping JC would bring some added mojo for the team.

How did you find out about that?  Honor Jimmy Cinnabon Night was supposed to be top secret.

Guess I just assume that was the reason for the $500 tics Ponzi was complaining about.  Its Pastry Night, everyone gets "free" pastries with the $500 ticket, correct? 

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Perry said:

I think svn beats murin but siebricht wins at 157. Excited to see facundo and Kennedy go at it, but watch cael put Lee out instead. Kirk will need to wrestle with more enthusiasm than he did last night If he wants to beat Cass again. Will be a fantastic dual.

You got Siebrecht beating Haines? Or do you think they send out Bearclaw? 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

So I'm a troll yet you basically agree with my predictions, almost exactly?

Yes, you are a troll, but you make a very compelling point here about VakAttack, who may be miffed that you beat him to the punch with basically the exact same predictions. 

Remember my post on 141 - 165. There may be some surprises here that lean in PSU's favor. Woods may not seem so real after this match. Murin may not be able to put more in against SVN. I've got Haines all the way. 165 is more of a toss-up. Let's see if Facundo can find a way. 

The crowd will certainly make a difference, especially at the last two weights.

The picks aren’t crazy but the commentary is.

Murin’s been on a tear lately?  He lost to Yahya and his last 3 wins are over guys with a combined record of 16-28.

Kennedy is “just better right now” even though his best win is over Danny Braunagel and Facundo just beat last year’s 4th place finisher?

Haines also has to be favored right now over Siebrecht

• Fire 1