Great quotes in wrestling.....

Fadzaev2

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

Can you enlighten me about this quote?

Christian Pyles (of FLO) interviewed the Penn State Coach after his team won Southern Scuffle in 2015. PSU won with Jason Nolf, Zain Retherford, and Bo Nickal, among others, as redshirts. Sanderson turned a question/suggestion back on CP about the plan for the season. As someone at FLO put it at the time, "If you listen close enough, you can hear CP shaking in his shoes.":

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5051366-the-top-5-scariest-things-in-wrestling

Edited by SocraTease
  • Fire 2

Heavyweight looking at that tasty sub sandwich, saying to the 115lbs'er as he going into the boiler room of the gym to make weight... "Are you going to eat that?" 😏

D3

• Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

58 minutes ago, SocraTease said:

Christian Pyles (of FLO) interviewed the Penn State Coach after his team won Southern Scuffle in 2015. PSU won with Jason Nolf, Zain Retherford, and Bo Nickal, among others, as redshirts. Sanderson turned a question/suggestion back on CP about the plan for the season. As someone at FLO put it at the time, "If you listen close enough, you can hear CP shaking in his shoes.":

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/5051366-the-top-5-scariest-things-in-wrestling

Real gem there.  Sanderson shows a little personality

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Sammy Brooks?  That was funny, made national news.

"I think these fans just respond really well to a good haircut. That's what I was working on coming in here, making sure I had it fluffed and feathered the right way, and I think the fans saw my hard work."

"I gain trust every time my hair grows a little more and a little more. I trust in myself and my mullet. It's a process, you know. You can't grow a great mullet in a day, (and) you can't win a Big Ten title in a day."

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But is it any more of a whiff than a cartoon of something that is not a whiff with the word whifffff in it?

Is it?  

To be fair. it wasn't a whiff on your part. It went over my head. So the words were meaningless. Much like the last few post'.

Edited by MPhillips

58 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Is it?  

To be fair. it wasn't a whiff on your part. It went over my head. So the words were meaningless. Much like the last few post'.

So its more like Wkn whiffed on recognizing the whiff by MP or is it that MP pulled the whiff right out from under Wkn.  🤔

Screenshot_20230118-091624_Chrome.jpg.2a0e5f958cf33a3b6d81bcef0542573e.jpg

Montaigne

And when wrestlers counterfeit the philosophers in patience, ‘tis rather strength of nerves than stoutness of heart. Now to be inured to undergo labour, is to be accustomed to endure pain:

“Labor callum obducit dolori.” —Cicero
Edited by jackwebster

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

Montaigne

And when wrestlers counterfeit the philosophers in patience, ‘tis rather strength of nerves than stoutness of heart. Now to be inured to undergo labour, is to be accustomed to endure pain:

“Labor callum obducit dolori.” —Cicero

Going deep on these. Nice.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge