Holy Turtles! 18-16 over Oklahoma

feet2back

29 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Wonder how fast Indiana is skyrocketing up that ladder after beating Maryland earlier this week??

Rutgers is currently blanking them rather handily so not sure.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

25 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

10-3 now. Here they come...

Indiana now up 12-10 after hero of the week, Nick South,  pins Robert Kanniard at 165.  Currently Donnell Washington is beating Turley and is pretty likely to win.  Indiana having a little bit of a fun underdog moment.  I fully expected them to lose to Maryland

• Fire 3

It came up in last night's broadcast of Pitt vs Buffalo (which was Pitt 37 -0, pretty much a thumping.  Not sure if Buffalo scored any offensive points) that Pitt's early season loss to Maryland seemed like such a shocker then, but looks more reasonable (although still disappointing to this Panther fan) now that everyone is seeing that Maryland has improved.  

11 minutes ago, lightweight said:

It came up in last night's broadcast of Pitt vs Buffalo (which was Pitt 37 -0, pretty much a thumping.  Not sure if Buffalo scored any offensive points) that Pitt's early season loss to Maryland seemed like such a shocker then, but looks more reasonable (although still disappointing to this Panther fan) now that everyone is seeing that Maryland has improved.  

Pitt also just got blasted by WVU last week , very up and down team this year 

Coach Clemsen is top notch. It was tough watching him struggle his first few years, but his team’s steady improvement was totally predictable. I tried to compliment him at the Scuffle about his team getting respect finally, and his response was, “Well, you gotta earn it.” 

6 hours ago, Tigerfan said:

Coach Clemsen is top notch. It was tough watching him struggle his first few years, but his team’s steady improvement was totally predictable. I tried to compliment him at the Scuffle about his team getting respect finally, and his response was, “Well, you gotta earn it.” 

This. I doubt most fans realize just how bad a situation Clemson walked into. I would describe it as a train wreck, but that isn't fair to train wrecks- the program he took over was easily one of the worst in D1. Clemson inherited a lineup that contained maybe 3-4 legitimate D1 wrestlers; of the 30-odd wrestlers on the roster at the close of the 2019 season, 5 had winning records and 6 posted double digit wins- including redshirt seasons. Starter's records during McCoy's final year were as follows: 8-16, 6-21, 15-16, 14-9, 7-15, 11-19, 6-14, 9-19, 3-18, and 21-9. Of course, Hemida (21-9) and Bannister (14-9) both graduated, leaving not a single starter with a winning record. To take this utter sh!t show and turn it into a respectable, top-30 program in 3 seasons is little short of miraculous.