Iowa v PSU - Jan. 27, 2023

Wrestleknownothing

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Woods is the favorite for the title and Bartlett isn't exactly an offensive dynamo.  PSU fans are actually pretty realistic, I think.

Realistic? Were the Germans realistic when they bombed Pearl Harbor?

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Haha 2

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

44 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

image.png.6f7a139b61f0d8a54626d4ae407c20a4.png

PSU clear favorites among the cognoscenti at 5 weights (133 RBY, 157 Haines, 174 Starocci, 184 Brooks, 197 Dean)

Iowa clear favorites at three weights (125 Lee, 141 Woods, 165 Kennedy)

Two toss up weights (149 Murin/Van Ness, 285 Cassioppi/Kerkvliet).

The Board has spoken. 

Why would Kennedy be clearly favored? Favored sure but clearly? 

Edited by Antitroll2828

Maybe this will be proven wrong (Won't be the first time) but not seeing why some people believe Seibrecht over Haines. Freshman sometimes play it safe and try to lock in the win without taking chances, so maybe the match is close. I think Haines wins no matter what. Better in neutral. Good on top while Seibrecht isn't stellar from the two matches I saw from bottom. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Better wins so far this season.  Tougher on top.

31 minutes ago, MLB9 said:

His best win is over Braunagel, correct? 

12 minutes ago, Le duke said:

He has 0 wins over AAs; Facundo beat Amine and is ranked higher than Kennedy by every ranking service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the two of you know you are conversing with a dilettante 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

8 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Pick a side. We are at war. I need those question marks answered. Inquiring minds want to know.

OK fine.  Lee dec RBY, and Iowa wins 16-15.  If Lee ducks RBY and stays at 125, then I have Lee TF over Steen and RBY m. dec. whoever, so PSU wins 19-15.

So Iowa's chances of winning depend on Brands/Lee having the cajones to bump Lee up.

• Fire 1

OK fine.  Lee dec RBY, and Iowa wins 16-15.  If Lee ducks RBY and stays at 125, then I have Lee TF over Steen and RBY m. dec. whoever, so PSU wins 19-15.
So Iowa's chances of winning depend on Brands/Lee having the cajones to bump Lee up.

And TnT telling their nephew/son to run from Starocci the entire match. They should, but will they?

If he actually tries to wrestle Starocci, it’s a MAJ.

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

Maybe this will be proven wrong (Won't be the first time) but not seeing why some people believe Seibrecht over Haines. Freshman sometimes play it safe and try to lock in the win without taking chances, so maybe the match is close. I think Haines wins no matter what. Better in neutral. Good on top while Seibrecht isn't stellar from the two matches I saw from bottom. 

Are they actually or are they assuming it’s Bearclaw?

17 minutes ago, fishbane said:

Askren, CP, and JD all picked Woods on FRL this morning.  Below are their predictions

FRLPredictions.png

Askren once called me a wimp on FRL, so his picks do not count.

Christian Pyles was very friendly when I spoke to him at last year's Iowa/PSU dual, so he is in. But I am going to call him Pyle because I love it when Chael Sonnen is on FRL.

JD Rader has grown on me, so he is in. On second thought, he has never used any of my voicemail questions, so his picks are off the board, too.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

And TnT telling their nephew/son to run from Starocci the entire match. They should, but will they?

Brands has given up bonus points only once in his career. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Here is how the rival factions currently see it.

image.png.1bfbf98b17e2557554481e46d2f89e5a.png

For shame, PSU fans. Not a single one is picking Bartlett to win. 

I am surprised there is not 1 person that picked Jacob Warner to win. I know he has not looked great this year but it was an OT match in NCAA Finals last year. 

42 minutes ago, Gus said:

I am surprised there is not 1 person that picked Jacob Warner to win. I know he has not looked great this year but it was an OT match in NCAA Finals last year. 

I think Dean is favored and on top of that people know Warner has not been healthy this season, which makes it even tougher.

2 hours ago, BAC said:

Why won't RBY go down?  Why is it always: Lee must go up!

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Delusional.  Maybe if Starocci even tried to turn anyone ranked higher than #70.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken