Soldier Salute brackets - MEN

nhs67

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

But chips seems to be an internal one against a teammate and maybe slightly his coaches (though it should be more there from my view).  Is there a cerebral assassin on staff that can somehow twist that into a chip against the rest of the 125ers field?

If someone wants to wrestle you and you can whip their ass you do it. If that's wrong then so be it...

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

All of it IMO.  But I could definitely see them not making him do it.

And sorry all, I misread Minnow’s tweet.  I thought he claimed Lee wanted a double MFF, but it claimed Lee wanted Ayala to MFF to him.  I definitely agree with Ayala not wanting to do that.

I am not asking about opinions.

I am asking about actuality.  Ayala was there as an unattached wrestler with no Iowa gear on, yeah?  It was likely Ayala's decision to wrestle him, then.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am not asking about opinions.

I am asking about actuality.  Ayala was there as an unattached wrestler with no Iowa gear on, yeah?  It was likely Ayala's decision to wrestle him, then.

Well his mom sure seems willing to share what she knows, might try messaging her on Facebook

In other Soldier Salute news:

Echemendia lost 4-3 to Rathjen who lost 7-4 to Murin.   I think there were at least 5 Iowa guys in this bracket 

2nd seed at 157 and NQ last year Andrew Cerniglia of Navy went 0-2 getting pinned twice 

Top seed at 174 and R12 last year Hayden Hastings of Wyoming got pinned by Lennox Wolak of Columbia in the semis

Assad beat Bennett Berge in SV in the finals

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

In other Soldier Salute news:

Echemendia lost 4-3 to Rathjen who lost 7-4 to Murin.   I think there were at least 5 Iowa guys in this bracket 

2nd seed at 157 and NQ last year Andrew Cerniglia of Navy went 0-2 getting pinned twice 

Top seed at 174 and R12 last year Hayden Hastings of Wyoming got pinned by Lennox Wolak of Columbia in the semis

Assad beat Bennett Berge in SV in the finals

Assad and Berge should have never went to ot, ref gifted AA a stalling point. Upon further review, I can see why no coach should want to send their starters to a tournament hosted by the hocks.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

What makes you think this guy is wrestling media? Social media accounts don't make you "media." 

I agree with Jason, the Minnow is pondscum.  I feel like I speak for both of us when I say that.  Unless it's just for me, in which case I'll use stronger language.  I softened it to bring JB under my umbrella.  🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I agree with Jason, the Minnow is pondscum.  I feel like I speak for both of us when I say that.  Unless it's just for me, in which case I'll use stronger language.  I softened it to bring JB under my umbrella.  🤣🤣🤣

VigorousAgitatedJoey-max-1mb.gif

13 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Posting here without expecting opinions and expecting "actuality?" ... that's... precious.

Peace.

You misunderstood.

Opinions are welcome.  That said I wasn't asking about any singular person's opinion on the situation.  My question was that since Ayala was there unattached - which means he paid his own way i, cannot have an Iowa coach sit in his corner, and he cannot wear Iowa official garb - does that mean that the Brands bros have(had) no actual control over hi(Ayala) or his decision to MFF?

That is a yes/no answer I was looking for and not one subject to opinions.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You misunderstood.

Opinions are welcome.  That said I wasn't asking about any singular person's opinion on the situation.  My question was that since Ayala was there unattached - which means he paid his own way i, cannot have an Iowa coach sit in his corner, and he cannot wear Iowa official garb - does that mean that the Brands bros have(had) no actual control over hi(Ayala) or his decision to MFF?

Come on. You ask a question of an audience that has no way of knowing the answer, but then are surprised when they offer their opinions instead? 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

9 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Come on. You ask a question of an audience that has no way of knowing the answer, but then are surprised when they offer their opinions instead? 

There are many here who could know.

All of us aren't keyboard warriors.  Several who lurk are actual coaches or officials.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You misunderstood.

wait a minute ... he paid his own way!  How could a poor college student afford such travel cost?  🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You misunderstood.

Ok that’s a fair question.  But technically, Brands can’t even make an attached wrestler wrestle if they refuse to.  Making an unattached wrestler NOT wrestle is a good question that I don’t know the answer to.

But I’m still betting that Minnow was “mistaken” by claiming Lee even wanted Ayala to MFF at all.  I think Lee just didn’t want to wrestle and was likely planning to MFF himself.

Alternate conspiracy theory (mostly joking): Brands made Lee wrestle because he wanted the Soldier Salute to seem like less of a low quality tournament?

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

There are many here who could know.

All of us aren't keyboard warriors.  Several who lurk are actual coaches or officials.

While I grant you that. The point is they are lurkers, not posters. There is no way they would ever answer your question. Which leaves you with my fellow warriors and our opinions. So, your surprise surprises me.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge