Major War On The Horizon?

51 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Surprised no one is talking about this on here.  Will Iran go to war with Israel?  What should our stance be?

Doubt there is a head on conflict between Iran and Israel/US with boots on the ground.   Most likely Iran through back channels will tell Israel and the US their plan.  It will get thwarted but it will be enough for the Iranian leadership to go to their followers and grandstand.

The US has been tolerant of Iran because of their large secular population and believe in the long run Iran will join the West again

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

7 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

Doubt there is a head on conflict between Iran and Israel/US with boots on the ground.   Most likely Iran through back channels will tell Israel and the US their plan.  It will get thwarted but it will be enough for the Iranian leadership to go to their followers and grandstand.

The US has been tolerant of Iran because of their large secular population and believe in the long run Iran will join the West again

I had similar thoughts along these lines.  My first thought was Iran will bomb an insignificant place in Israel to save face.  Or maybe that is my hope, and this doesn't turn into a regional war where we get involved more than we already are.

Israel is trying to escalate to handcuff us to them. If they start a war with Iran, we will have no choice but to join. 

Netanyahu can't let this war end. When it does, he may go to jail for corruption. He has a personal and ideological reason to escalate the war in Gaza into a larger regional conflict.

Iran has shown incredible restraint (or weakness) in keeping their retaliations to a minimum, but at some point that may change. I hope not.

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Israel is trying to escalate to handcuff us to them. If they start a war with Iran, we will have no choice but to join. 

Netanyahu can't let this war end. When it does, he may go to jail for corruption. He has a personal and ideological reason to escalate the war in Gaza into a larger regional conflict.

Iran has shown incredible restraint (or weakness) in keeping their retaliations to a minimum, but at some point that may change. I hope not.

Okay...before I criticize I'll seek to understand.  How and why are they trying to "escalate to handcuff us to them"??  Why do you think keeping the war going is for no other reason than to get rid of Humas??  You honestly think he WANTS to be at war...and if he does it is solely because he is afraid he'll go to jail??

I won't even ask anything about your comment about Iran....

All honest questions

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Uncle B, you've show you're intelligent but I know that you know this post is so far from the truth you're just trolling at this point

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

18 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Okay...before I criticize I'll seek to understand.  How and why are they trying to "escalate to handcuff us to them"??  Why do you think keeping the war going is for no other reason than to get rid of Humas??  You honestly think he WANTS to be at war...and if he does it is solely because he is afraid he'll go to jail??

I won't even ask anything about your comment about Iran....

All honest questions

Their existence and future ambition to control all of Palestine (and even parts of Lebanon) are dependent on our continued support and starting a war with our number 1 adversary in the region is a great way to handcuff us to them.

There are many within the security state/military that have wanted to attack Iran for decades. It's always been the ultimate goal in the region for the US. We've just never been able to jump in because of how difficult an adversary it is. Israel starting the war solves that problem. We'd have "no choice."

As for Netanyahu, he's currently on trial for corruption. The war gives him the ability to delay elections, possibly all the way until 2026. Before 10/7, he was incredibly weak politically. This war has given him new life. As I said, he has ideological *and* personal reasons for extending the war.

You keep saying it will continue until they "get rid" of Hamas. Even the Israelis acknowledge at this point it isn't possible.

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Their existence and future ambition to control all of Palestine (and even parts of Lebanon) are dependent on our continued support and starting a war with our number 1 adversary in the region is a great way to handcuff us to them.

There are many within the security state/military that have wanted to attack Iran for decades. It's always been the ultimate goal in the region for the US. We've just never been able to jump in because of how difficult an adversary it is. Israel starting the war solves that problem. We'd have "no choice."

As for Netanyahu, he's currently on trial for corruption. The war gives him the ability to delay elections, possibly all the way until 2026. Before 10/7, he was incredibly weak politically. This war has given him new life. As I said, he has ideological *and* personal reasons for extending the war.

You keep saying it will continue until they "get rid" of Hamas. Even the Israelis acknowledge at this point it isn't possible.

Don't you think they would have done that or escalated the efforts in Gaza if their true intention was to take control of all of Palestine?  

I am pretty sure A LOT of country's do not like Iran, which includes us and Israel, but I don't think anyone WANTS to go to war with them...quite the opposite. 

As for him being convicted of any war crimes...that is all just for show...he nor anyone else will actually go to jail.  As for him being weak politically before Humas bombed innocent people and children to start this crap, I guess I would have no idea about that as it is hard enough following what is happening politically here and the US.  But I do know, that Israel is a great foreign allie to us!

You keep forgetting how this escalation started...because of HUMAS!!

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Don't you think they would have done that or escalated the efforts in Gaza if their true intention was to take control of all of Palestine?  

I am pretty sure A LOT of country's do not like Iran, which includes us and Israel, but I don't think anyone WANTS to go to war with them...quite the opposite. 

As for him being convicted of any war crimes...that is all just for show...he nor anyone else will actually go to jail.  As for him being weak politically before Humas bombed innocent people and children to start this crap, I guess I would have no idea about that as it is hard enough following what is happening politically here and the US.  But I do know, that Israel is a great foreign allie to us!

He's not on trial for war crimes. He's on trial for corruption and financial crimes in Israel.

And what do you mean escalated efforts in Gaza? They've levelled the entire strip. There's almost nothing for refugees to return to even if the war ends. They will do it slowly, but they will annex most, if not all, of the strip. Just as they did in the Golan Heights, West Bank, Jordan, etc...

The complication in this process is they have to toe a very fine line to give the West some ability to say they aren't villains. It's about putting as much pressure as possible on Palestine without crossing the line the US sets. Their settlements in the West Bank are illegal. That's not in dispute. If the US wanted to, we could make them disband them in a second. But we don't because we also have to make Israel happy because they're an important proxy in the region. It's a very complex push and pull between the US and Israel, where both sides are pushing their own agenda while trying to keep the other side happy.

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

He's not on trial for war crimes. He's on trial for corruption and financial crimes in Israel.

And what do you mean escalated efforts in Gaza? They've levelled the entire strip. There's almost nothing for refugees to return to even if the war ends. They will do it slowly, but they will annex most, if not all, of the strip. Just as they did in the Golan Heights, West Bank, Jordan, etc...

The complication in this process is they have to toe a very fine line to give the West some ability to say they aren't villains. It's about putting as much pressure as possible on Palestine without crossing the line the US sets. Their settlements in the West Bank are illegal. That's not in dispute. If the US wanted to, we could make them disband them in a second. But we don't because we also have to make Israel happy because they're an important proxy in the region. It's a very complex push and pull between the US and Israel, where both sides are pushing their own agenda while trying to keep the other side happy.

Oops...I just had him being accused of war crimes in my head

The third paragraph is about as levelheaded response you have had about this situation.  There are things that could be discussed (settlements of the West Bank being illegal) but overall, I agree that it is such a complicated thing to be so simple minded about...but again, regardless of all of that, this got escalated to this point by Humas...period. 

25 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

When did the trail start? 

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

They will do it slowly, but they will annex most, if not all, of the strip. Just as they did in the Golan Heights, West Bank, Jordan, etc...

It was theirs.   They gave it to the Palestinians and forced Israelis to move out.   That happened years ago.   If Hamas had not continually shelled Israel from Gaza and launched Oct 7 attacks from there, we would not be here talking about it. 

mspart

• Bob 1

I do find part of this rhetoric fascinating.  If Trump were pres now…. You would hear Trump trump trump trump.    The fact that you don’t really hear Biden / Harris over and over is interesting.   Biden still runs the country (right?)…. And Harris is running on her current vp record (right?)?

• Bob 1

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Incredible restraint in funding Hamas, Hezbollah, and militias that attack US troops? 

Hopefully it doesn’t happen, but if Iran were to launch a major attack on Israel capable of overwhelming Iron Dome, the US would immediately enter the conflict using drones, missiles, and naval assets.  Iran knows this, and hopefully that deterrent prevents escalation. 

Iran failed in its counterintelligence program in allowing the assassination of a Hamas leader. Their own failure won’t trigger an all out war (I hope). When Russian spies carry out assasinations in Germany or the UK, the result isn’t a war between Germany/UK and Russia. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Bob 2

7 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

lol

iran has been attacked? before launching an attack? 

5 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

um, the left LOVES iran