Micic Out

Terrible news! I can only imagine how devastating it must be to train your whole life for an event only to lose that opportunity due to an injury from practice a few weeks before take the Olympics! 💔

• Bob 2

44 minutes ago, nickp91 said:

UWW will eventually work to replace Stevan to fill the bracket

Whatever you do don’t talk about your favorite international replacement on a wrestling fan message board.  The UWW is always looking for a reason to disregard the entire careers work of “he who should not be named” if he is discussed as a replacement.  

image.gif.1bd0d17a2f986e0f4d5812a2f7e07fb5.gif

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Making weight outside of Serbia or knee injury?

I was going to post something mean, but then it dawned on me that you might just be jealous.  I imagine that is a bad headspace to be in.

Mental health awareness in men is important and I am here for you, if you need soemone.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Gamal Abdelnasar (Egypt) is now listed on the UWW site as a 57kg participant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scratch that Abdelnasar was already on the start list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Bob 2

Really feel terrible for Stevan I think he had a great chance of winning it all again and his post was quite sad. That being said I think it really is spencers to lose at this point now. He will still have to deal with Higuchi but Rei's main offense is a left single and as long as spencer can keep that on the mat I just don't see Rei scoring a ton of points there given spencer's low leg defense. I am still very bullish on Haryutunyan as well and Abakarov but I think Stevans style and frame were going to give spencer the biggest headache.

Wishing Stevan a speedy recovery and hope that his transition to 65kg for 2028 goes well (he has mentioned moving up after this olympics). He should feel much better at that weight.

• Bob 1

tumblr_m0c8duuazm1r6g8w5.gif&ehk=Qibml1I

... does that mean there's a chance that they'll move Iuna Fafe of Guinea-Bissau into Micic's spot? 😏

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I was going to post something mean, but then it dawned on me that you might just be jealous.  I imagine that is a bad headspace to be in.

Mental health awareness in men is important and I am here for you, if you need soemone.

Thanks, I however, do not need soemone.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

6 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Your take was super lame.

He knows.

He is generally not a Turdbiscuit, though, so I take him trying to dunk on someone who has already accomplished so much more in this sport than he could have ever dreamed of as a 'him' thing.

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He knows.

He is generally not a Turdbiscuit, though, so I take him trying to dunk on someone who has already accomplished so much more in this sport than he could have ever dreamed of as a 'him' thing.

Ok, you guys are right.  I wish Micic a speedy recovery, and it sucks he had to pull out of the Olympics.

• Bob 3

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 hour ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I don't think we will see him at 57 again.

I believe what @jchapman would say is that we likely don't see him at 57 KG again unless it is held in Serbia.

I believe a lot of people would have said that prior to it ever being in Serbia.

Hell, even though I won't wear my tinfoil hat with this one, I will say that it is odd that he was already competing at 65 KG up until two months prior to Worlds last year...

• Bob 1

56 minutes ago, ionel said:

Who was his Russian competition?

Uguev.

5th last year and multiple time champion (2 Worlds, 1 Olympic), including three straight from 2018-2020(1).

• Bob 1
  • Wrestle 1

1 hour ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'm sympathetic to the turdbiscuit takes. Guy should be wrestling for the united states...not that thats a cohesive thought or anything...

You understand that him holding the spot for Serbia held out another Russian, correct?  We have our own Cold War front going on in the trenches here.