25th Amendment

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

We dug this mess, our ways of blind following has led us down a path where the choice is dementia or criminal.  We have no one to blame but ourselves.

dont blame me

i have written my own name in on the ballot since 2012

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, headshuck said:

You must be the only person that thinks both haven’t committed crimes.

So do you walk around thinking that everyone is a criminal of out sort or another? Are you? 

If so, could that lead to bad actions by assuming someone may be dangerous?

• Poopy 1
  • Clown 2

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So do you walk around thinking that everyone is a criminal of out sort or another? Are you? 

If so, could that lead to bad actions by assuming someone may be dangerous?

You can't be this dense, can you?

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

honestly i think the best thing that could be implemented is a mandatory minimum of 3 parties on the ballot for Presidential and congressional races. 

Without a party distinction letter next to their name and or the incumbent listed first on the ballot.  Make the people voting educate themselves. 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

it does? 

in senate and congressional races? 

and it's certainly not mandatory.

Yes, typically you'll see candidates from at least the Libertarian and Green party.

Getting people to vote for them is another question when the overall system is schewed towards two parties. Most people view that as a throwaway vote.

This is a consequence of our "First Past the Post" system where the winner takes all. Theoretically, one party can control every seat in government by winning every race 50.1-49.9 which gives you a government that is not close to representative of the people.

The alternative system we mostly see around the world is Proportional Representation where the proportion of seats in government are allocated based on the proportion of votes received. I think this would fix a ton of issues with out system. It leads to multiple parties and encourages coalition building between parties instead of the two party gridlock we have now. There are downsides too. The big one is reps having stronger ties to the national party than the locale they represent, but I think that's largely true already anyway.

If you've ever wondered why most European countries have more than two successful parties, this is why. In our system, a third party could gain significant support and still never come close to making it into the government.

A couple of doctors have weighed in and each said that they would test him for Parkinson’s if he were their patient.  It is nearly impossible to remove him from the ticket; he would have to personally withdraw, and then state laws complicate what would happen then.  In the meantime, we are left vulnerable.  Congress needs to act quickly to ensure implementation of the 25th Amendment or impeachment.  Our soldiers, and our country, doesn’t have a cognizant, responsible, commander in chief.

11 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Congress needs to act quickly to ensure implementation of the 25th Amendment or impeachment.  Our soldiers, and our country, doesn’t have a cognizant, responsible, commander in chief.

You do realize that only leaves us with the option of:

vegetable vs salad 

17 minutes ago, ionel said:

You do realize that only leaves us with the option of:

vegetable vs salad 

The salad has a 50/50 chance of making a good decision, based on advice.  The vegetable hasn’t made a good decision, ever.  Regarding the debate he said: “Make my day, pal.”