Tonight's Debate

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

I have chosen to refrain from commenting on the spectacle that was the debate until this morning.

It was embarrassing... on both sides, really.  It was worse for the far left than anyone else, though.

It almost makes me think that the 'coin flip' that determined sides was deliberate.  It is almost as if they put Biden on the 'right' side to make people vote 'left' when the general, less ignorant American voter knows that the left, or blue/Democrat 'side' is actually Biden.

America lost last night.

The one bright side to come out of all this is that I am actually excited to see the VP debate.  If the rumors of Vivek being Trump's VP are true, I cannot wait to see him tear Harris apart.  It'll be much, much worse.

I don’t see these two debating in September. 100% agree Harris will get destroyed by Vivek 

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Not sure what you’re worried about. I’m as anti Biden as anyone 

Trump was on point.     One of those things was not like the other one.  

Edited by Threadkilla

8 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Next debate Trump vs President Harris?

Could you imagine if the DNC would bring in Gavin Newsome over Kamala. This would make the UFC look like a girl scout get together compared to the fireworks that would explode in the DNC.

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

Could you imagine if the DNC would bring in Gavin Newsome over Kamala. This would make the UFC look like a girl scout get together compared to the fireworks that would explode in the DNC.

I think dems are scared as fu’& about Harris.  No way they let her be the nominee. 

• Bob 1

Liberal media is going crazy this morning. Joe and Mika are fighting each other . Morning Joe wants Joe Biden to go. Mika is fighting back hard to keep Joe. Morning Joe is definitely sleeping on the coach for the next couple of nights. That may be a good thing.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

39 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The one bright side to come out of all this is that I am actually excited to see the VP debate.  If the rumors of Vivek being Trump's VP are true, I cannot wait to see him tear Harris apart.  It'll be much, much worse.

If true the vegetarians in the electorate will finally realize- the salad is bad🥗 

• Bob 1

9 hours ago, three_arrows said:

This "debate" changed zero minds. 

Not 1. 

I will bet you all the bourbon Wkn can buy that it changed 1 ... heck I'll bet the farm ... yes 1+.  

• Bob 1

After reading the rounds it kinda sounds like the only thing Biden could accomplish was a discombobulated conversation with his imaginary friend, in which his people are still trying to figure out whom; the only thing Trump could accomplish was a rather consistent message of lies on....well pretty much anything;  and the issue both seemed to be most concerned with was the perception of their golf game? 

Fair assessment?

12 hours ago, three_arrows said:

How tall should the wall be? 

An airplane goes pretty high. 

It's probably $300 to get from Mexico City to Chicago on Southwest. 

guys, we got a new member of the boards and he's a real sharp cookie.

• Bob 5

TBD

12 hours ago, RockLobster said:

The weirdest thing about this whole thing (and there is a LOT of weird) is...

How do debates between two people work when one depends on a steady stream of lies, while the other uses truth for his material.

Imagine your high school debate team competing against an opponent who debates with a stream of lies.

where did you spot any truth in any of that

• Bob 2

12 hours ago, RockLobster said:

The weirdest thing about this whole thing (and there is a LOT of weird) is...

How do debates between two people work when one depends on a steady stream of lies, while the other uses truth for his material.

Imagine your high school debate team competing against an opponent who debates with a stream of lies.

I heard after debate that all Trump did was lie.   But they say this and never were specific in what he lied about, just assuming that everyone listening to them believes as they do.  

Being specific, please state the lies that were said in the debate.   

mpart

• Bob 1
  • Brain 2

2 hours ago, mspart said:

I heard after debate that all Trump did was lie.   But they say this and never were specific in what he lied about, just assuming that everyone listening to them believes as they do.  

Being specific, please state the lies that were said in the debate.   

mpart

I have the same question.  

• Bob 1

15 hours ago, three_arrows said:

This "debate" changed zero minds. 

Not 1. 

very stupid post. The whole CNN PANEL launched into insinuating biden should step down, if those shills were swayed so dramatically regular people changed their minds.

• Bob 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

57 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

on the same note, the CNN poll says 68% of people gave trump the win, thats from a pool of people for whom at least half have TDS.

That also means that one in three people lie to the pollsters. 

• Bob 2

I have not read this whole thread but I thought the moderators actually did a good job.   They asked tough questions of both and followed up essentially saying you did not answer the question.   Please do.   Media never does that and it was refreshing to see that.   I thought the questions were fair and I thought they kept the candidates to their time limits.  

Overall good job by CNN and their moderators.

Biden looked like what we all expected except those that drank the "he so energetic I can't keep up with him" kool aid.  

Trump was not especially great either.   I agree with Jonathon Turley that Robert Hur was the winner last night.  He was totally exonerated after the Ds went after him with knives in his back.   Again, the lies were brought into the light and proved lies.  

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Bob 3