Bo Bassett Narrows His College List..........From 80 to 73

On 6/21/2024 at 1:14 PM, lisa morales said:

Fine wrestler but the poor kid got beat with the ugly stick.

One of my daughters is dealing with some body-image issues, and this post got me thinking: Wrestlers are pretty ruthless when it comes to judging the size and shape of each other, e.g. we just called the 285s "fatties," the 118s "midgets," that one tall, skinny kid "stick," etc. But, it seems like we just shrugged it off. I don't know of any teammates who were/are haunted by the taunts. What are your experiences? Are there a bunch of kids hurting in silence? Or, are wrestlers generally more calloused?

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Not all content is for all people.  If you don't like it, you don't have to partake.

God forbid a seventeen-year-old tries to build his brand when his main consumer is probably not us forum guys, but in fact kids around his age who probably think it's very cool.

• Bob 1

11 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

God forbid a seventeen-year-old tries to build his brand when his main consumer is probably not us forum guys, but in fact kids around his age who probably think it's very cool.

One million percent.   We sound like those old people yelling at me in the 90s for listening to rap music.  times move on, the young people of every generation are going to have their own thing, lets try to be better than previous older generation and just recognize IT' S NOT FOR US, we don't have to scream that the Devil is in Elvis' gyrating hips or whatever.  That's ok, lol.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

One million percent.   We sound like those old people yelling at me in the 90s for listening to rap music.  times move on, the young people of every generation are going to have their own thing, lets try to be better than previous older generation and just recognize IT' S NOT FOR US, we don't have to scream that the Devil is in Elvis' gyrating hips or whatever.  That's ok, lol.

They showed one of your tweets yesterday on FRL! They were looking up D Lockett stuff on twitter and there it was. They scrolled by it too fast I couldn't read it. Saw the VakAttack handle though. Pretty cool man!

1 minute ago, Ohio Elite said:

They showed one of your tweets yesterday on FRL! They were looking up D Lockett stuff on twitter and there it was. They scrolled by it too fast I couldn't read it. Saw the VakAttack handle though. Pretty cool man!

Hahahaha.  It was a dumb one.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Armchair critics lol

11 hours ago, VakAttack said:

College football has a spectacle out of recruiting for years. This isn’t a new concept. 

On 6/20/2024 at 7:20 PM, flyingcement said:

Next seven?

Pitt Johnstown

Wisconsin Parkside

Millersville

West Liberty

Gardner-Webb

Bloomsburg

Cal State Bakersfield

Also certain schools like the military academies will not just accept him because he's a great wrestler.  he will need to stoop to the level of obtaining congressional support for his nomination, as well as academic, and character-based attributes.

Other schools like Harvard, Stanford, Princeton probably don't care as much about his wrestling and would be unlikely to admit him on that basis only unless his academics are truly outstanding.  

So the notion of having it all be up to him is also incorrect, but could still be a fun exercise to play out.

I would be willing to bet that Pitt-Johnstown is closer to the top-10 than eliminated in the next round. One, he lives there; two, his father is the head coach of Bishop McCort located in, you guessed it, Johnstown; and three, his longtime club coach at Young Guns, Jody Strittmatter, is an assistant coach at Pitt-Johnstown. Young Guns, btw, is HQ’d in Ebensburg, less than 30 minutes from Bassett’s front door in Johnstown. 

• Brain 2
  • Wrestle 1

2 hours ago, Goldenanimal said:

I would be willing to bet that Pitt-Johnstown is closer to the top-10 than eliminated in the next round. One, he lives there; two, his father is the head coach of Bishop McCort located in, you guessed it, Johnstown; and three, his longtime club coach at Young Guns, Jody Strittmatter, is an assistant coach at Pitt-Johnstown. Young Guns, btw, is HQ’d in Ebensburg, less than 30 minutes from Bassett’s front door in Johnstown. 

when he was a bit younger I remember him saying he trained at upj with their 125lber all the time too.

• Brain 1

On 6/25/2024 at 2:08 PM, VakAttack said:

Or maybe he's an insecure HS kid desperate for attention and his dad is his enabler.

Also, rap still sucks and Elvis is a thief.

• Haha 1

Yes, I’m old … thus minimize my opinion.  Here it is … seems like I’ve seen examples of folks that preen so much and love themselves so much that the ‘look at how cool I am’ approach all the time results in a bit of a backlash / fade.  We will see if it happens here.

15 hours ago, Greenwave said:

This media grab is just embarrassing for himself and all schools he never really considered.   I would hope one of his parents or advisers would have given him more guidance.

You and a couple other older boomers are the only ones who find it embarrassing. The rest of us are enjoying it. 

This whole thing will only be worthwhile if there is some plot twist at the end where he picks a school very few would have predicted.  If he picks what everyone expects then what is the point? 

2 minutes ago, fishbane said:

This whole thing will only be worthwhile if there is some plot twist at the end where he picks a school very few would have predicted.  If he picks what everyone expects then what is the point? 

The point is, while you don't care, there are lots of people who think this is fun and are invested in it. 

2 hours ago, TNwrestling said:

You and a couple other older boomers are the only ones who find it embarrassing. The rest of us are enjoying it. 

It's not just the boomers who find it embarrassing.

Sincerely,

Gen X

• Bob 1

9 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

The point is, while you don't care, there are lots of people who think this is fun and are invested in it. 

I didn't say I didn't care not.  He might be the #1 overall recruit, so I think his ultimate choice is significant news.  I don't care for the long drawn out process.  The 7 or 14 schools he's eliminated are not news.  It's a total snooze.  Stringing everyone along to just to eliminate schools in the most predictable way ever is just bad entertainment and the more people invested will just lead to more people disappointed.

If he's going to this nonsense at least spice it up somehow.  If he's going ultimately pick the most predicable school then drop some other big name early on and as often as possible.  Next week kick out Ohio State or Iowa or both.  That would at least be news.  Bassett eliminates Iowa.  Big news. More to discuss. Bassett eliminates Bloomberg - not so much.   

the crowd who is so enthusiastic for bassetts social media ambition is like the crowd that thinks releasing a sex tape is a good business decision. being an influencer isnt good for your brain.

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

I swear he could've just come out and said hes choosing Penn St and you guys would still complain. 

He's a kid being a kid having fun and he isnt getting in trouble. Who the hell cares?

• Bob 1