Fascinated to See the Board's Commentary on This....

neither you nor I have any way of knowing if the Disney dude is a good worker and deserved the promotion or not.

however, it's downright lazy, certainly dumb, and perhaps racist for your response to be 'who cares? it's not difficult to be a white man in america'.

i don't know how someone who follows a one-on-one, winner-take-all sport would be so dismissive of working hard to achieve something.

wtf does skin color have to do with it? 

• Bob 1

TBD

Thankfully the DEI agenda that corporate America has been pushing is slowing down. Companies have learned that hiring candidates that aren’t the most qualified maybe isn’t the best way to run successful businesses.  

• Bob 1

30 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

@Wrestleknownothing is fired up! 

Do you WKN, think the current push for DEI has any negative impact to any certain race/orientation/etc.?  Honest question, not a gotcha or anything.  I have my own personal experiences with this, but curious to hear what you think.

Fired up and clueless.  

39 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

@Wrestleknownothing is fired up! 

Do you WKN, think the current push for DEI has any negative impact to any certain race/orientation/etc.?  Honest question, not a gotcha or anything.  I have my own personal experiences with this, but curious to hear what you think.

I looked up DEI and it looks like one of those things that starts with good intentions, acquires an acronym, develops measures that are only barely, and sometimes tangentially, related to the goal, that then cause people to first manage to the measure (instead of the goal), and ultimately figure out how to game the measure, the goal be damned. 

ESG is a perfect example of this. Carbon is bad, and more trees are good for the environment. Then someone says wouldn't it be great if we stopped a logging company from chopping down trees? But how do we do that? I know, with an incentive program. If you do not cut down those trees we will give you a carbon credit that you can then sell to someone who really, really wants to pollute. That way you still get paid even though you did not cut down those trees. We can see where this is going. Now I have an incentive to threaten to cut down trees that I never intended to cut down, just so I can get that carbon credit. And if that works I will threaten to cut down trees I do not even own. And if that works I will threaten to cut down trees that do not even exist.

• Bob 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I looked up DEI and it looks like one of those things that starts with good intentions, acquires an acronym, develops measures that are only barely, and sometimes tangentially, related to the goal, that then cause people to first manage to the measure (instead of the goal), and ultimately figure out how to game the measure, the goal be damned. 

this is the entire democrat establishment.

i couldn't have summarized it better. 

it's why they fight like hell for 'big government'

• Bob 1

TBD

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

ESG is a perfect example of this. Carbon is bad, and more trees are good for the environment. Then someone says wouldn't it be great if we stopped a logging company from chopping down trees? But how do we do that? I know, with an incentive program. If you do not cut down those trees we will give you a carbon credit that you can then sell to someone who really, really wants to pollute. That way you still get paid even though you did not cut down those trees. We can see where this is going. Now I have an incentive to threaten to cut down trees that I never intended to cut down, just so I can get that carbon credit. And if that works I will threaten to cut down trees I do not even own. And if that works I will threaten to cut down trees that do not even exist.

You = ⭕️ Jerk

44 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

neither you nor I have any way of knowing if the Disney dude is a good worker and deserved the promotion or not.

however, it's downright lazy, certainly dumb, and perhaps racist for your response to be 'who cares? it's not difficult to be a white man in america'.

i don't know how someone who follows a one-on-one, winner-take-all sport would be so dismissive of working hard to achieve something.

wtf does skin color have to do with it? 

It is an acknowledgement that racism exists. I am not at all dismissive of hard work. I am dismissive of this guy who is too dumb to know he is being played. He clearly does not know the person taping him well enough to know what her agenda is, but he is going to talk freely to her over drinks. Sounds exactly like every guy who has ever gotten passed over for a promotion. It is never due to their shortcomings, like being too dumb to know that you are being pumped for information while being secretly recorded on a device sitting on the table immediately in front of you. It is always someone else's fault. Like the guys who blame the ref.

• Bob 1

^^^ 100% spin zone

your response was NOT b/c 'it sounds like every guy getting passed over'.

you were clear your stance is "i'm tired of hearing how hard it is to be a white man."

it's a racist take. 

• Bob 1

TBD

26 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

^^^ 100% spin zone

your response was NOT b/c 'it sounds like every guy getting passed over'.

you were clear your stance is "i'm tired of hearing how hard it is to be a white man."

it's a racist take. 

I 100% was saying I am tired of hearing how hard it is to be a white man. And I was saying that anyone who swallows this guys story is relying on an unreliable narrator. Those two statements are consistent with each other.

• Bob 1

15 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How do you figure?

In the 2-year period 2020–2021:

For the 20–29 age group, the real median annual earnings of:

White, non-Hispanic men were 34% higher than Black, non-Hispanic men and 16% higher than Hispanic men.

Asian men were 34% higher than Black, non-Hispanic men and 15% higher than Hispanic men.

For the 50–59 age group, the real median annual earnings of:

White, non-Hispanic men were 49% higher than Black, non-Hispanic men and 53% higher than Hispanic men.

Asian men were 67% higher than Black, non-Hispanic men 71% higher than Hispanic men.

SOURCE: Social Security Administration (SSA) calculations using SSA earnings data linked to Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplement public-use files.

i dont dispute this.

however. would it be good to break this down to education level?

perhaps type of jobs?

do white electricians earn more than black? 

etc.. etc.. 

as to the original post.. of course there are times.

like mulan. white dude? no.

lil mermaid?  white dude? maybe in their mind. in my mind no.

genie? white dude? maybe... wil smith was good. robin williams was good.

• Fire 1

I like the Morgan Freeman take on all this kind of stuff.

Bottom line, quite talking about it and just treat people as who the are as people, not the color of their skin, who they sleep with, or what the heck they want to call themselves.  

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I like the Morgan Freeman take on all this kind of stuff.

Bottom line, quite talking about it and just treat people as who the are as people, not the color of their skin, who they sleep with, or what the heck they want to call themselves.  

To me, Coleman Hughes has been an interesting perspective on this topic and how it relates today.  @Husker_Du I'm thinking you especially will enjoy his perspective on this

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

Everybody should be paid the same for doing the same job.  Why are black NBA players paid more than whites?  It shouldn't matter that white men can't jump, pay em the same.  Also seems that white golfers get paid more than black.  Another fix is let's transfer half the white golfers to NBA and half the black bb players from NBA to PGA.  That'll fix it.  🙄

You get paid based on the value you bring to the organization you work for or own.   Owners have more on the line so if they are successful, they can make a lot.   Workers that are more productive should get paid more.   Period.    This is not racist.   It is reality.   You'll notice I didn't state any skin color or sexual preferences.   Workers that are more productive should get paid more.   Period. 

mspart

• Bob 2

On 6/20/2024 at 7:33 PM, nhs67 said:

I thought I was agreeing with you, but I guess not?

Americans read at an 8th grade level, on average. 

Don't be an ableist and blame ole shit for brains for having, literal, shit for brains. 

On 6/25/2024 at 12:34 PM, mspart said:

You get paid based on the value you bring to the organization you work for or own.   

You're only supposed to gently lick the boot around the toe area. 

You're deepthroating it.

You've got the god damned laces in your mouth.....

1 hour ago, three_arrows said:

Americans read at an 8th grade level, on average. 

Don't be an ableist and blame ole shit for brains for having, literal, shit for brains. 

If there are 5 people, Wkn is the last one that has shit for brains.

If there are 500 people, Wkn is the last one that has shit for brains.

If there are 5,000 people, Wkn is the last one that has shit for brains.

There isn't 5,000 people that officially peruse these forums.  Ergo, he doesn't have shit for brains.

Also, I am an enabler.  I will enable the top tier gents either way.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me