Nelson Brands active for a year at Iowa?

Wait one of them is going to wrestle “the women’s style”???

LJB joined the Iowa board and is posting in his old style, by the way.

Chirping at some PSU fans, too. Kind of funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Bob 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/21/2024 at 7:29 PM, Lunaticfringe said:

I 100% agree, for all the years he was in the lineup, he was a 10-15 ranked guy whether he was at 174 or 184. He wrestled well at NCAAs to AA but who did he best? He beat Peyton Mocco, Edmond Ruth, Alex Faison, Ethan Smith and a sucked down HEW Dustin Plott after 3 days of weigh ins to place 5th. Not one time in his 7 matches did he break one open, the most points he scored was 6 in a match. Now if he was beating these guys 14-5 with multiple takedowns I could see the arguments for him. He just as easily can go 0-2 BBQ with these point totals. Gabe Arnold will dictation who goes where but I think Kennedy beats Brands out for 174, he has way more potential to put points up

Oh, just Edmond Ruth, Ethan Smith, and Dustin Plott?  WTF are we even talking about here?

• Bob 1
  • Brain 2
  • Stalling 1
  • Ionel 1

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Crap just realized I messed up the joke.  Folk is the “stall fest.”  Although if he wrestles folk maybe he’ll wrestle some freestyle too… (ellipsis added to honor LJB)

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

Wow he even admitted “some things from folk helped his Greco”!

17 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

A certain forum poster's kid could also fill the spot

He says he’s not enrolling until fall 2025, and plans to be at 149.

Interesting thread actually…

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/otto-black-commits-to-iowa.441962/

I do like the theory of if he can get Iowa fans to care about Greco then that could help with the overall support for Greco.

Then another Iowa fan suggested some of their other guys try Greco to which of course LJB basically said they would suck without first training in it for awhile

• Wrestle 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Crap just realized I messed up the joke.  Folk is the “stall fest.”  Although if he wrestles folk maybe he’ll wrestle some freestyle too… (ellipsis added to honor LJB)

It's hard to have any respect for the wrestling opinion of guys who never wrestled like that guy . 

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Hold on Vak... Plott was HEW, don't you understand?  The win is meaningless.

Dustin Plott was so HEW that he never went on to any success after that match, he was just cooked - completely done. He definitely did not make a U23 freestyle team a few short months after that or come back and take second in the NCAA championships the following year...

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, BFosr1 said:

Imagine that Iowa lineup if Ferrari and Gable rounded out the last 2 weights.

OK I'll imagine that. 

20-25 points at heavyweight guaranteed. 

Potential high finisher at 197 if everything goes exactly right.  But the more likely range of outcomes is somewhere in the range of mid AA to different guy wins the spot to gets thrown off the team to gets thrown in jail. And with a very high probability of hurting team morale under all scenarios.  

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

hey, now.

Difference was the belittling attitude he had denigrating all style besides Greco, with no experience ever wrestling any style.