Fanbase comparisons on the forum based on your experience

In my mind, the most annoying fans ever were the OSU fans on here when they seemed unbeatable in the early 2000s. It seemed like half the forum had orange in their name seemed to know even less wrestling than I did at the time...this might seem this way because everyone wasn't really used to verbal jousting on the internet at that point, so it felt clunky or stupid, or about a half dozen bias' specific to me.

Iowa fans strike me as fine, but i was generally cheering for them.

PSU fans are fine, except the ones who've let iowa into their heads for some reason and will grasp at any straw to imply Tom and Terry are terrible coaches and people.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

4 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

I miss the TBAR (PSU fan) vs MSU (now Iowa fan?) battles

They still happen over on the Iowa boards, don't they?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

They still happen over on the Iowa boards, don't they?

MSU is on HR/GIA.  Arguing with everyone and anything he can find.  No idea where TBAR went.  Some say he's in Zihuatnejo. It's in Mexico. A little place on the Pacific Ocean.  They say it has no memory. That's where he went to live the rest of his life. A warm place with no memory.

• Bob 2
  • Haha 3

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

4 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

In my mind, the most annoying fans ever were the OSU fans on here when they seemed unbeatable in the early 2000s. It seemed like half the forum had orange in their name seemed to know even less wrestling than I did at the time...this might seem this way because everyone wasn't really used to verbal jousting on the internet at that point, so it felt clunky or stupid, or about a half dozen bias' specific to me.

PSU fans are fine, except the ones who've let iowa into their heads for some reason and will grasp at any straw to imply Tom and Terry are terrible coaches and people.

JTTS abuse of OSU and Mocco in particular were legendary..

8 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I miss the TBAR (PSU fan) vs MSU (now Iowa fan?) battles

I'm still here in spirit! just realized the time i spent posting was better used appreciating Hammerlock's posts!

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I'm still here in spirit! just realized the time i spent posting was better used appreciating Hammerlock's posts!

You are certainly the nail to locks hammer

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

10 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I have never noticed how bad OSU fans could be until this David Taylor hire! The shit-talking is just relentless...and they haven't done anything! 

I don't really care about any other fan base. Iowa fans can be a bit cocky. I remember a story about Cael being asked if he thought he could have won ONE State Title if he'd Wrestled in Iowa in HS. 

Penn thinks if you're not from Penn, you're just not serious about Wrestling(they do have more hammer's than all of Lowe's, but still...there are other good Wrestlers). 

But it's Oklahoma and not even close. I just didn't realize how bad until recently. They are definitely counting their rings before they're...mined I guess?

• Bob 1

this isn't related to the topic because its a general fan comment and not related to conduct on this forum, but once I was sitting with the press people matside at the Iowa OSU meet in carver, and i was amazed at the things people would yell at john smith...it was all the gross things you would think, plus insult along of the lines of "you were a joke when you competed". I was impressed that he never even shot a dirty look because you'd have thought there was a million dollar bounty on one.

• Bob 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

this isn't related to the topic because its a general fan comment and not related to conduct on this forum, but once I was sitting with the press people matside at the Iowa OSU meet in carver, and i was amazed at the things people would yell at john smith...it was all the gross things you would think, plus insult along of the lines of "you were a joke when you competed". I was impressed that he never even shot a dirty look because you'd have thought there was a million dollar bounty on one.

I should clarify my last post...I haven't noticed any "Fan Base," in particular that's obnoxious on this forum. PSU would be the closest, but that's almost entirely driven by one pasty enthusiast who creates the dumbest possible topics. 

On 5/16/2024 at 9:03 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

Tyler McCormick (2xAA) was a master heckler after graduating. He earned many dirty looks from many coaches, John Smith chief among them. Guerrero was like taking candy from a baby. The Mizzou crowd loved it. 

On 5/16/2024 at 11:52 AM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

REmember Terry aka WrestlPSU?

51ZI3J-7WBL.jpg

😏

D3

• Bob 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Also... didn't WrestlPSU used to hawk recorded wrestling events on VHS tape (or something of that sort?)

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

On 5/19/2024 at 6:56 PM, lisa morales said:

You'd be surprised at the age of Rec Hall fans at PSU.  Mostly gray hairs and precious few students.

Yeah when the camera pans the crowd, it almost looks like the crowd at an NBA game.