Taylor's Assistants at OKST

On 5/7/2024 at 10:18 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

I doubt he wants to come home to be an assistant and Penn state , Pitt , lock haven and Lehigh are pretty set with coaches so what is he going to coach Franklin and Marshall? Bloomsburg? 

Mineo saying Bloomsburg HC job will be opening

Why I the world would you keep any of the old staff. They are going to be dead weight against the direction DT is going.   Admin stuff is overrated and can be figured out pretty easy. It’s pretty hard to change people and DT needs to remove all barriers and make it his way. He will make a mistake or two along the way, but thats okay for someone that brings a lot to the table. 

6 hours ago, meZYNbrink said:

I don't love the idea of Gilman in the room, seems like DT and Kennedy would be great for culture. Obviously Gilman is a great addition from the wrestling and technical side of things, but to set a tone for the new attitude of the program, guess we'll have to see TG's added value. Can't help but laugh at his history with OK State and his choice of walkout songs...

You don't like the idea of having one of the most decorated US lightweight wrestlers ever coaching/training with the lightweights? Outside of PSU, Taylor will probably have the strongest room in the country in terms of senior-level accolades. 

52 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Who are the guys on either side of Taylor?

Great photo though

AD far left and looks like Assoc AD right of DT.

But whose the guy thats already got the cowboy hat and boots?  🤠

Posted (edited)

Curious why the 'last' coach hasn't been announced yet...?

Is it someone who is currently on Team USA and is waiting for the Olympics to be over?

Edit: Or perhaps someone training with someone?  Lee, Retherford, Dake, Brooks, Varner?

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 hours ago, Winners Circle said:

Gilman has been named AC as well. So: 

• DT: HC
  • Kennedy: AHC
  • Gilman: AC
  • _______: AC
  • _______: RTC

That what we think they have left?

Yep. although there will be support staff (D Ops, perhaps Recruiting Director, perhaps someone to manage CWC)

Eric Thompson is definitely going to be considered. (Also i don't think Gwiz is in play. i'm pretty sure he's done coaching.)

• Brain 2

TBD

34 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think Grey would have to quit or Cornell suck for awhile for that to happen

Here is what is wild to me:

Koll had a bomb-ass recruiting class lined up at Cornell before his exit.

Koll had a bomb-ass recruiting class lined up at Stanford before his exit.

With how it has shaken out after both exits, it almost appears that he didn't even contact any of them afterwards... or at the very least if they attempted to contact him, he left them on 'read' or didn't answer... something... legalities aside communication between Koll and his recruits didn't happen.

That either says more about Koll leaving in that maybe he wasn't all that he was cracked up to be in the eyes of the recruits or that he truly wanted to ensure that the institution he was leaving was set up for success.  You don't typically see a well known head coach leave and not see a large exodus of student-athletes follow them.

54 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Yep. although there will be support staff (D Ops, perhaps Recruiting Director, perhaps someone to manage CWC)

Eric Thompson is definitely going to be considered. (Also i don't think Gwiz is in play. i'm pretty sure he's done coaching.)

Oh?!  Is he on the Bradley route?  Looking to make a team for the next two (2) cycles?

what is the relationship between Gilman and DT?  Surprised to see this combo, Gilman hasn't been at NLWC that long and from different areas/teams/weights but he was rumored to go the second DT got the job

17 hours ago, meZYNbrink said:

I don't love the idea of Gilman in the room, seems like DT and Kennedy would be great for culture. Obviously Gilman is a great addition from the wrestling and technical side of things, but to set a tone for the new attitude of the program, guess we'll have to see TG's added value. Can't help but laugh at his history with OK State and his choice of walkout songs...

Some of the same people who blast the Brands coaching antics are saying they can't wait to see how animated Gilman will be in the corner!

12 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Some of the same people who blast the Brands coaching antics are saying they can't wait to see how animated Gilman will be in the corner!

You can't handle tough internetting.

• Haha 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge