Taylor's Assistants at OKST

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

Gilman is moving up big time from the Iowa days of hunting raccoon.

I'm a bigger fan of Vince Turk who hunted big game...like sam stoll.

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

6 minutes ago, poke1 said:

sounds like Caldwell, Fix and might be staying in Stillwater.  I'm hopeful for Freestyle Coach Zo sticks around also. Fingers crossed!

Yeah I think it makes sense to keep at least someone from the old staff.

Fix and Gilman working together to try to take out Spencer Lee is not something I expected to see…

14 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Stoll spent too much time plodding around tracking his wounded game. Just didn't have the (lungs) shot for that humane quick kill...🧿

On 5/6/2024 at 8:07 PM, Doublehalf said:

Let it begin!

who do we have for assistants??

I have a feeling Mark McKnight goes out there with him for some reason. Dake I'm not sure about especially with what his family is going through right now... maybe after the Olympics and things settle down he could be a guy that heads out there... Does he keep Perry? Does Coleman want any part in it?

Dake will run the RTC.

Taylor needs to bring dieringer back 
Getting dake is a check mate type move 

I would love to see Dake do exactly what Taylor is doing now except next offseason and take over a program himself. Bring cenzo or RBY or someone with him, spread the wealth a little bit. Even if it was Iowa or something, the more elite programs the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I would love to see Dake do exactly what Taylor is doing now except next offseason and take over a program himself. Bring cenzo or RBY or someone with him, spread the wealth a little bit. Even if it was Iowa emoji1785.png or something, the more elite programs the better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe burroughs dake....most of Taylor contemporaries ....but especially a guy like jb

Are thinking damn.....what great timing by Taylor

This was truly a great great move by Taylor.....and impeccable timing...and his contemporaries are jealous imo

Ok state and Iowa and Penn state post cal......those are the only blue bloods. This job hasn't been open for 30 friggin years LOL

Taylor said it best...I've accomplished all my dreams wrestling ..it was time for a new challenge. ....im not sure Taylor gets into head coaching if a blue blood didn't open up either

• Bob 1

11 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

I believe burroughs dake....most of Taylor contemporaries ....but especially a guy like jb

Are thinking damn.....what great timing by Taylor

This was truly a great great move by Taylor.....and impeccable timing...and his contemporaries are jealous imo

Ok state and Iowa and Penn state post cal......those are the only blue bloods. This job hasn't been open for 30 friggin years LOL

Taylor said it best...I've accomplished all my dreams wrestling ..it was time for a new challenge. ....im not sure Taylor gets into head coaching if a blue blood didn't open up either

Penn State wasn’t a big time job until Cael. Now, it all depends on who has NIL money. 

• Bob 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:56 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

Did Turk ever make AA? Wasn't he one of those perennial R16/R12 guys? 

FWIW Minnow says Kennedy, Gilman and Pearsall are all making “way north” of $100k, which I’d expect depending on how much north we’re talking.  Multiple people are claiming it’s $500k, that would be surprising to me

25 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

FWIW Minnow says Kennedy, Gilman and Pearsall are all making “way north” of $100k, which I’d expect depending on how much north we’re talking.  Multiple people are claiming it’s $500k, that would be surprising to me

Me too. The highest I found was Jeff Jaggers at 137,735.  That is just school salary. Not sure about RTC money. Kevin Jackson at 131,040. Churella was at 128,856. Morningstar 121,344. 

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Me too. The highest I found was Jeff Jaggers at 137,735.  That is just school salary. Not sure about RTC money. Kevin Jackson at 131,040. Churella was at 128,856. Morningstar 121,344. 

Then is it just an untrue rumor that Nick Lee is making $750k?  🙅‍♀️

John Smith and Dan Gable going in the room with their wrestlers. You can include Mark Schultz in the conversation.

They are killers.

David Taylor is very good, but not a killer.

There is a difference.

You could see it on the mat with these guys and their attitude.

• Fire 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1 hour ago, AgaveMaria said:

John Smith and Dan Gable going in the room with their wrestlers. You can include Mark Schultz in the conversation.

They are killers.

David Taylor is very good, but not a killer.

There is a difference.

You could see it on the mat with these guys and their attitude.

You say a lot of ridiculous things, but this might be true.

• Bob 1

On Dake - has anyone ever heard that he is a good coach or has qualities that suggest he will be a good coach?  Taylor showed a passion for it with his youth work.  Dake is a big name, but not sure coaching is his thing.