Sadulaev ruled ineligible to compete by UWW panel

1 hour ago, Takuto_Otoguro said:

Wow! I have a feeling they will get this changed before the Olympics, but still pretty crazy that a guy going for his 3 Olympic title might not be able to compete. Not sure how I feel about it… I’m certainly disappointed he is supporting the war so he doesn’t get much sympathy for that, but still you want to see the best compete

• Bob 1

48 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Wow! I have a feeling they will get this changed before the Olympics, but still pretty crazy that a guy going for his 3 Olympic title might not be able to compete. Not sure how I feel about it… I’m certainly disappointed he is supporting the war so he doesn’t get much sympathy for that, but still you want to see the best compete

Not just supporting it, but involved in what could easily be called "fascist pro-war demonstrations."  Definitely being used for pro-war propaganda.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

I personally hate when Russia does not have their best team because it takes away from us beating them, and I like to watch the best guys in this case though I feel like Sad is no longer threat 1 at 97 not just from his worlds showing but his rather lackluster Russian nationals' performance.

• Bob 1

A lot of people are saying "keep politics out of sport" on social media, in defense of Saduleev.

That is part of the problem: Saduleev was involved in using his sports achievements to promote the war.  This was when politics and sport were initially mixed.

Also, he is apparently a member of the Dynamo club which is allegedly heavily aligned with the FSB, SVR, some shady oligarchs, and Putin.

• Bob 2

I'm interested to see if Israel will be banned for their atrocities in Gaza and for bombing the Iranian Embassy in Damascus.

Also, will the USA be ineligible for supporting the apartheid state of Israel?  

Edited by The Kid
  • Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Pirate 1
  • Poopy 2

10 minutes ago, The Kid said:

I'm interested to see if Israel will be banned for their atrocities in Gaza and for bombing the Iranian Embassy in Damascus.

Also, will the USA be ineligible for supporting the apartheid state of Israel?  

Ugh...please don't post again

• Bob 5
  • Fire 4
  • Haha 1
  • Poopy 2

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Not just supporting it, but involved in what could easily be called "fascist pro-war demonstrations."  Definitely being used for pro-war propaganda.

Thanks for the info. I honestly haven’t seen any of what Sadulaev is accused of because I don’t have X. So if this is the case, I’d say he got what he earned. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Thanks for the info. I honestly haven’t seen any of what Sadulaev is accused of because I don’t have X. So if this is the case, I’d say he got what he earned. 

Photo of pro-war rally, standing with soldiers with the "z" on their uniforms.  

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Poopy 1

45 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Photo of pro-war rally, standing with soldiers with the "z" on their uniforms.  

is that sidakov and uguaev as well?

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Yes

interesting I saw among the guys listed that naifanov was also on there which was notable but did not see either of their names. Personally I hope they all can compete I just want the best guys at the olympics but if they are actively supporting the war then they should definitely be reprimanded.

41 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

interesting I saw among the guys listed that naifanov was also on there which was notable but did not see either of their names. Personally I hope they all can compete I just want the best guys at the olympics but if they are actively supporting the war then they should definitely be reprimanded.

I don't think either of those guys were signed up for the qualifier.  They should probably be a bit concerned going forward, though.

57 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I don't think either of those guys were signed up for the qualifier.  They should probably be a bit concerned going forward, though.

oh, right because they both had medals so they would not need to. 

So stupid. UWW would never hold America to the same standard. Hell, they don't even hold Iran to that standard when they refuse to wrestle Israel. Or Israel for bombing Gaza, Lebanon, or Syria. Just be consistent with the punishments or don't do it at all. Nick Lee retweeted a tweet saying we should nuke Kabul. Should he be banned for his opinion?

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

So stupid. UWW would never hold America to the same standard. Hell, they don't even hold Iran to that standard when they refuse to wrestle Israel. Or Israel for bombing Gaza, Lebanon, or Syria. Just be consistent with the punishments or don't do it at all. Nick Lee retweeted a tweet saying we should nuke Kabul. Should he be banned for his opinion?

Probably because the reasons why for some of those behaviors matter.

6 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

A lot of people are saying "keep politics out of sport" on social media, in defense of Saduleev.

That is part of the problem: Saduleev was involved in using his sports achievements to promote the war.  This was when politics and sport were initially mixed.

Also, he is apparently a member of the Dynamo club which is allegedly heavily aligned with the FSB, SVR, some shady oligarchs, and Putin.

Thanks. I was wondering what the relevance of the Dynamo Club was. 

Is Sidakov next? Isn't he higher up the Russian military ranks than Sadz?

5 minutes ago, mspart said:

I am torn on how to feel about this.   I just hope Snyder steps up and eliminates Taz.   But I would hope that no matter what. 

mspart

Taz looked pretty outstanding at Asians but he scored literally all of his points off kyles attacks at worlds so perhaps he can make some adjustments. He also has to worry about the Iranian that beat him late last year pretty soundly.

Edited by Truzzcat
  • Bob 1

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

UWW would never hold America to the same standard.

For three reasons, in order:

1) NBC pays more than Russia for Olympic broadcasting rights.

2) Russia consistently gears up for war during the Olympics and attacks the day after completion. That's bad press for the Olympics. When America does it, we pick random Tuesdays in non-Olympic years. 

3) Russia's invasion of Ukraine sent massive shockwaves across the global economy. When America sends the world into a recession it's because we let strippers get million dollar subprime mortgages and give everyone in the country a credit card at birth. Big difference between white collar and blue collar crimes if you know what I'm saying.

i am an idiot on the internet

The IOC is founded on Enlightenment values—including individual rights, human rights, and democracy.

The IOC apparently sees invasion-supporting athletes as a threat to everything it stands for, and they have a right to prevent those athletes from using the Olympics as a platform to further their agenda.