Hawkeyes reveal new wrestling prison

1 minute ago, WildTurk said:

You just copied that madness off the  HR thread. Predictable 

I don't even understand the complaint.  The facility looks dope to me.  That doesn't change my concerns with the on-the-mat product, lol, but the facility is cool.

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I don't even understand the complaint.  The facility looks dope to me.  That doesn't change my concerns with the on-the-mat product, lol, but the facility is cool.

It's awesome actually.  I can't wait to send my 2 boys there someday 😀

• Fire 1

I guess they missed the bit about actual sunlight being rather good for athletes, and the whole facility...etc.

I'm kind of amazed they missed the boat on the value of windows in a practice room...unless these pictures were taken at night?

11 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I guess they missed the bit about actual sunlight being rather good for athletes, and the whole facility...etc.

I'm kind of amazed they missed the boat on the value of windows in a practice room...unless these pictures were taken at night?

Dake was not on the architectural committee.

• Bob 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

Dake was not on the architectural committee.

Hahaha, well, he may have soured on that take, given that he does dungeon workouts now at PSU…

But seriously, even Ohio State had that one figured out…

If you zoom in on the first pic you can tell that the photo has been touched up to make it blacker. Check out the top of the ropes on the left and how they are colored over. 

They are just going for the black Iowa look in the pics.

And you can see windows in the second pic that have been covered for the shoot.

Everyone take a couple cleansing breathes.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah...that looked cool as shit. I don't really see how you can talk shit about that facility.

How are the Hawkeyes going to be able to practice grounding if they don’t have an area in the new facility dedicated to organic soil and wild grasses natural to the Iowa city biosphere?

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Yeah...that looked cool as shit. I don't really see how you can talk shit about that facility.

I think the only complaint is it is super dark, but I'm willing to bet that was just to make the photos look ominous and badass. I wonder if the mats actually have that clouded look to them or if that was a touch up. Looks cool to me. 

• Bob 1

50 minutes ago, HungusMungus said:

Most universities would kill for a facility like that, at least it's not in the football stadium like my home states room. 

Yeah this has to be the most expensive wrestling facility in North America. Purdues room is nice-ish and has been getting improvements, but it’s still just in a dungeon in the fieldhouse.  

• Bob 1

It's obviously not done yet, seeing as how they don't have wall mats, signage, etc. and there are literally boxes of equipment in plastic wrap all over.  I think they put the mats down to show a reference for how massive the wrestling area is, and yeah, it's huge.  As for it looking dark and gloomy, well, their color scheme is black with a tiny little bit of yellow, and I'm sure there are going to be some lighting updates as well.  I think new mats have a powdery substance on them to keep them from being sticky, not unlike how new machinery has oil all over it that has to be wiped off when it comes out.  Bottom line, this is going to be the biggest and best facility.

• Brain 1

9 minutes ago, Konquest said:

It's obviously not done yet, seeing as how they don't have wall mats, signage, etc. and there are literally boxes of equipment in plastic wrap all over.  I think they put the mats down to show a reference for how massive the wrestling area is, and yeah, it's huge.  As for it looking dark and gloomy, well, their color scheme is black with a tiny little bit of yellow, and I'm sure there are going to be some lighting updates as well.  I think new mats have a powdery substance on them to keep them from being sticky, not unlike how new machinery has oil all over it that has to be wiped off when it comes out.  Bottom line, this is going to be the biggest and best facility.

bigggest and best in the state of Iowa

5 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Where is there a bigger, better wrestling-only facility?

It appears to be the best underground facility in the country maybe the world, well not counting some European castle dungeons, so who has the best above ground facility?  

• Haha 1