DT better be ready...

21 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

The gymnastics involved with "I was too big for 74" combined with "I had to grow into 86" certainly is something...

i disagree, its more than a 25 pound jump. Taylor was a big 74, but that doesn't make you a small 86.

• Bob 2

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

8 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

perhaps I'm looking at his career in too short of a time frame but I truly think what he's done from 2018 to now has been relatively unparalleled in both dominance and consistency. 

John Smith? Taylor has a chance to be the undisputed greatest ever. He just has to win the Olympics and then wrestle one more cycle after this one and win another.  

11 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i disagree, its more than a 25 pound jump. Taylor was a big 74, but that doesn't make you a small 86.

He had a long frame.  He was a scrawny 74 KG, much like Arujau at 57 KG.

He needed 86 KG more than 86 KG needed him.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

41 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Was this before or after the 4-4 criteria squeaker DT won over JB on that Flo card?

Before.

Which isn't really a good argument.  A dub is a dub, but a criteria dub on someone who isn't even close to 86 KG isn't really a brag to be have.

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He had a long frame.  He was a scrawny 74 KG, much like Arujau at 57 KG.

He needed 86 KG more than 86 KG needed him.

He doesn't look scrawny here, and definitely not like arujua

I personally think that it can really take some guys a long time to be good at freestyle. Knowing when to give up positions seems to be really important. FS seems to have a lot of gaming involved. Getting taken down get to the edge and only give up one. Force the ref to call fleeing. In on a deep shot can easily lead to getting yourself exposed.

I don't know what others think but it seems to me to be something you have to learn.

4 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

I personally think that it can really take some guys a long time to be good at freestyle. Knowing when to give up positions seems to be really important. FS seems to have a lot of gaming involved. Getting taken down get to the edge and only give up one. Force the ref to call fleeing. In on a deep shot can easily lead to getting yourself exposed.

I don't know what others think but it seems to me to be something you have to learn.

Taylor wasn't exactly new to FS, he was a cadet and junior world team member. It was the weight bump. Taylor looked like garbage his first year after bulking up to 86kg. 

2 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

He doesn't look scrawny here, and definitely not like arujua

He looks scrawny as hell there.

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Taylor wasn't exactly new to FS, he was a cadet and junior world team member. It was the weight bump. Taylor looked like garbage his first year after bulking up to 86kg. 

How was he garbage?  Wasn't his only losses at 86 KG his first year to Dake?

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

How was he garbage?  Wasn't his only losses at 86 KG his first year to Dake?

He wrestled soft(er) competition at bunch of the Euro Grand Prixes and DNP in one, lost in the Club Cup duals. I remember ppl going "wtf happened to Taylor?" he didn't look anything like the 86DT we see today.

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

are you joking or did you not watch the actual match?

I did watch the match.  Scrawny is subjective.  Compare that to now and he js scrawny as all hell.  Arujau scrawny.  Maybe more Gross and less Arujau.

On 3/31/2024 at 3:04 PM, Truzzcat said:

perhaps I'm looking at his career in too short of a time frame but I truly think what he's done from 2018 to now has been relatively unparalleled in both dominance and consistency. 

23 hours ago, ionel said:

So 2 Olympic gold and 4 World gold since 2018? 

23 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

yessir assuming he makes the team this year 

Don't see how, unless I've missed something he is:

2018 - WC - gold

2019 -

2020 - OG - gold

2021 - WC - silver

2022 - WC - gold

2023 - WC - gold

so to go 6 in a row gold he has to start with 2022.  He has 2 in a row now needs 4 more years.  

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I did watch the match.  Scrawny is subjective.  Compare that to now and he js scrawny as all hell.  Arujau scrawny.  Maybe more Gross and less Arujau.

i doubt a panel would use the word scrawny but fair enough.

10 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i doubt a panel would use the word scrawny but fair enough.

You don't think a panel...?  What the actual ***duck**?

You can't take the L ever, can you?

A 74 KG DT was skin and bones, especially compared to the 86 KG version we now have.

Nah.  Nvm.  I concede.  Obviously these two versions of DT arw both at 74 KG.

Screenshot_20240401_184505_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240401_184352_Chrome.jpg

That boy just looked like a boy all through college and a  little beyond.   He changed his look at some point.   He looks different now.   More man-ish than boy-ish.   He had a late growth spurt I guess.  

mspart

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Don't see how, unless I've missed something he is:

2018 - WC - gold

2019 -

2020 - OG - gold

2021 - WC - silver

2022 - WC - gold

2023 - WC - gold

so to go 6 in a row gold he has to start with 2022.  He has 2 in a row now needs 4 more years.  

FWIW I will begrudgingly be consistent with my takes that '21 worlds don't count and that was as much a mickey mouse silver as Fix's

i am an idiot on the internet

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

You don't think a panel...?  What the actual ***duck**?

You can't take the L ever, can you?

A 74 KG DT was skin and bones, especially compared to the 86 KG version we now have.

Nah.  Nvm.  I concede.  Obviously these two versions of DT arw both at 74 KG.

Screenshot_20240401_184505_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240401_184352_Chrome.jpg

Alright, you pick a poster, we'll ask them to watch video i posted, not some picture you cherry picked, and we'll ask them if they would describe taylor as scrawny.

13 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Alright, you pick a poster, we'll ask them to watch video i posted, not some picture you cherry picked, and we'll ask them if they would describe taylor as scrawny.

Legitimately the first pictures that populated for me when I typed 'David Taylor 74 KG' and 'David Taylor 86 KG' in my search bar, bud.

You were wrong.  Accept it.  Move on. 

EZPZ.

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Legitimately the first pictures that populated for me when I typed 'David Taylor 74 KG' and 'David Taylor 86 KG' in my search bar, bud.

You were wrong.  Accept it.  Move on. 

EZPZ.

I'm not wrong. You were overboard with the use of the word "scrawny." I tried to say "we disagree fair enough", but you got mad for some reason, I offered to let you pick someone to arbitrate and you refused...not sure what you expect beyond semantic dominion over every discussion, which you don't get.

54 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'm not wrong. You were overboard with the use of the word "scrawny." I tried to say "we disagree fair enough", but you got mad for some reason, I offered to let you pick someone to arbitrate and you refused...not sure what you expect beyond semantic dominion over every discussion, which you don't get.

I didn't get mad, bud.  I got annoyed because you never fail to surprise me with how stupid you can be so often.  It has shock value every single time.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I didn't get mad, bud.  I got annoyed because you never fail to surprise me with how stupid you can be so often.  It has shock value every single time.

yeah you don't sound angry at all.

• Brain 1

Ok so now that Taylor has finally hit puberty and Dake is de-aging I think that means they are finally the same age. Who wins in this all-time fantasy match?

i am an idiot on the internet