Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

The original instagram post from Stiles that referred to Oregon State has been removed.  Take that for what its worth.  I would edit out the comment above if I could, but its been 28 minutes

Bob gave you 15 ... that scoundrel.  🤨

vote ionel in 2024

• Potato 1
  • Poopy 1
  • Ionel 1

Wyatt Hendrickson posted that he visited Michigan and will not take a 4th visit. He will decide between Michigan, Oklahoma State and Minnesota. My money is on Okie State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

Wyatt Hendrickson posted that he visited Michigan and will not take a 4th visit. He will decide between Michigan, Oklahoma State and Minnesota. My money is on Okie State.

Kinda hope they do not dump the money into him for 1 year, I assume he will not be an RTC guy. A year for Merrill to train with him I suppose may be worth it but I'm guessing he will be getting six figures which seems like a ton for legitimately one year and probably somewhere between a 2-5 placing.

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

Either it is between those three or the original favorite, Mizzou, still has it in the bag.

I hope Michigan, but I think he can't go wrong with Michigan or OSU.  OSU has a staff that was intricately involved with Kerk for the last many years.  Michigan has the guy who beat Kerk last in collegiate folkstyle (and he did so three times that season).

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Either it is between those three or the original favorite, Mizzou, still has it in the bag.
I hope Michigan, but I think he can't go wrong with Michigan or OSU.  OSU has a staff that was intricately involved with Kerk for the last many years.  Michigan has the guy who beat Kerk last in collegiate folkstyle (and he did so three times that season).

You’ve been adamant that you believe Minnesota has no chance. With our track record at HWT, I’m surprised by that opinion tbh. He’d have good partners, coaching, and NIL here.

I don’t think they’re the favorite, but one of his three visits for a reason.

1 hour ago, poorwrestler said:

You’ve been adamant that you believe Minnesota has no chance. With our track record at HWT, I’m surprised by that opinion tbh. He’d have good partners, coaching, and NIL here.

I don’t think they’re the favorite, but one of his three visits for a reason.

Your boy Steveson sabotaged that, I think.  That is why I have been adamant.

Now DT has entered the convo as well.

Your boy Steveson sabotaged that, I think.  That is why I have been adamant.
Now DT has entered the convo as well.

I’m not sure how relevant DT will be here, other than being the coach at a school whose donors can give him a huge NIL check. DT has mentioned several times that he won’t really roll with Kerkvliet because of the size difference; Wyatt should be aiming to get bigger, himself.

I know I’ve said it several times but Michigan makes the most sense from an athletic perspective and from the USAF’s perspective.

8 hours ago, VakAttack said:

@nhs67 getting ready to finally admit he hates watching Amine as much as the rest of us do

625.jpg

Nah bro.

I will be rooting for a gent in the ACC to win Natties.

Going to be odd as phuk.

9 hours ago, Le duke said:

I’m not sure how relevant DT will be here, other than being the coach at a school whose donors can give him a huge NIL check. DT has mentioned several times that he won’t really roll with Kerkvliet because of the size difference; Wyatt should be aiming to get bigger, himself.

I know I’ve said it several times but Michigan makes the most sense from an athletic perspective and from the USAF’s perspective.

Agree….DT is obviously the new eye candy with bank but Michigan would be the best training for him with 3 guys to roll with and get coaching from. If he ends up at ok state I can’t help but think it was an NIL offer that blew him away. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

On 5/17/2024 at 8:35 PM, poorwrestler said:

In between Basch name drops, I believe Hendrickson said he will be announcing his decision on Monday.

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 10:48 AM, Dogbone said:

It's a good question.  I don't know if competing during a red shirt year counts as a competition for the above exception but I know regular redshirts do not have to be tied to a specific team.  In general, you have 5 years to compete 4 years. 

If you haven't been on scholarship for 2 years (because you weren't in school) it makes sense you wouldn't be tied to your original institution.

The other question would be does Gable need to be on scholarship to compete and, if not, is that other loophole?  If he is going to get NIL, it could cover the cost of the scholarship, you would think the rules wouldn't prevent a "walk-on" from competing as strictly as scholarship athletes. And presumably he wasn't on scholarship at Minnesota the previous year (2 years?). 

Let's break down Gable's eligibility:

Graduated HS in 2018 and enrolled at MN

2018-2019: Used FR year [3 left]
2019-2020: Used SO year [2 left]
2020-2021: Didn't use year due to COVID [2 left]
2021-2022: Used Jr. year [1 left]
2022-2023: Deferred/Redshirt year (I'm not sure if he was enrolled or not) [1 left]
2023-2024: Olympic redshirt [1 left]
2024-2025: STILL ELIGIBLE!!

Edited by cowcards

I would have to think Doucet would consider entering the portal.  He can do so because of getting a new coach recently - and would likely be picked up by a major team.  He's not exciting, but he's a R12 caliber guy.

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I would have to think Doucet would consider entering the portal.  He can do so because of getting a new coach recently - and would likely be picked up by a major team.  He's not exciting, but he's a R12 caliber guy.

Doucet -> Michigan? 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

OKST has a ton of high caliber guys that are not likely to start and not not eligible to redshirt.  I think Robb would stay because Plott's gone next year, but not sure about the rest

149: Carter Young

184: Jersey Robb

197: Luke Surber / Kyle Haas

285: Konner Doucet

if Alirez joins, you can add Jamison to the list

Edited by flyingcement