Transfer Portal

Fynn hits the portal days after Professor Mcgonagall comes to town.  I wonder if he wanted to go 133 next year. 

Edited by Idaho
  • Brain 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just now, Idaho said:

Fynn hits the portal days after Professor Mcgonagall comes to town.  I wonder if he wanted to go 133 next year. 

I'm not sure about that. He's pretty small. I think it's more likely it's connected to Brewer leaving. They seemed pretty close, as a lot of lightweights have with Brewer (Seabass, Flynn, Ventresca, Latona, Korbin Myers).

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Winners Circle said:

I didn't even notice. Lmao. Has to be Cooper. Connor Flynn is long graduated and out of eligibility. 

VT gained a Connor and lost a Cooper all in one day.

• Fire 1

@Husker_Du wasn’t Flynn close with Dan Dennis? Wasn’t he training with him in his final year(s) of HS?  It would be a shocker if Iowa didn’t flirt with the idea of going after Flynn. This would allow for Drake to eat and move up, unless the plan is for Drake to stay at 125. 

Or are they waiting for another 125/133 to hit the portal? Or is Iowa not as interested hitting the portal for lighter weights? 

I could Also see schools as Iowa State/Michigan going after him. 

• Bob 1

Eddie ventresca despite having a terrible start to the year to my knowledge has beaten Cooper everytime they've wrestled. They also have I believe a 4x ohio state champ coming in at 125 so perhaps the room just got too crowded. He also intended to olympic RS this year and then that got pulled with Ventrescas injury so I wonder if that ruffled some feathers.

• Bob 1

21 minutes ago, Indiana-Hawk-Wrestling-Fan said:

@Husker_Du wasn’t Flynn close with Dan Dennis? Wasn’t he training with him in his final year(s) of HS?  It would be a shocker if Iowa didn’t flirt with the idea of going after Flynn. This would allow for Drake to eat and move up, unless the plan is for Drake to stay at 125. 

Or are they waiting for another 125/133 to hit the portal? Or is Iowa not as interested hitting the portal for lighter weights? 

I could Also see schools as Iowa State/Michigan going after him. 

Certainly not an upgrade over Drake. But is he an upgrade over Joey Cruz? If they want to move Ayala up, why not just roll with Cruz? I don't see Flynn being much of an upgrade over him (if at all). 

And yes, I'm salty because I had Flynn on my NCAA Fantasy Team and he didn't hold up his end of the deal.

V-tech is looking to have a pretty damn good team next year though I think Hipolito and sasso are difference makers right away as redshirt freshman. I expect Hipolito to take some bumps early but he is super athletic and fun to watch. I'm guessing Henson goes 157 and then church slots in at 149 who I have pretty high expectations for.

3 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

V-tech is looking to have a pretty damn good team next year though I think Hipolito and sasso are difference makers right away as redshirt freshman. I expect Hipolito to take some bumps early but he is super athletic and fun to watch. I'm guessing Henson goes 157 and then church slots in at 149 who I have pretty high expectations for.

I think Caleb is a lifer 149 guy. He said he wants to wrestle 65 kg in FS. Guess he could bump to 157 if he gets tired of cutting for college. 

1 minute ago, creek chub said:

I think Caleb is a lifer 149 guy. He said he wants to wrestle 65 kg in FS. Guess he could bump to 157 if he gets tired of cutting for college. 

Oh I had not heard that, I could be completely off then he just looks enormous to me but I know he's on the shorter side.

23 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

Eddie ventresca despite having a terrible start to the year to my knowledge has beaten Cooper everytime they've wrestled. They also have I believe a 4x ohio state champ coming in at 125 so perhaps the room just got too crowded. He also intended to olympic RS this year and then that got pulled with Ventrescas injury so I wonder if that ruffled some feathers.

I’m guessing it’s Brewer-related.  All that other stuff was already known so if those were the reasons he probably would have went in the portal sooner.

Edited by 1032004

37 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

Certainly not an upgrade over Drake. But is he an upgrade over Joey Cruz? If they want to move Ayala up, why not just roll with Cruz? I don't see Flynn being much of an upgrade over him (if at all). 

And yes, I'm salty because I had Flynn on my NCAA Fantasy Team and he didn't hold up his end of the deal.

Yes

• Bob 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

31 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

With the Gophers past couple years, I sadly expect it. Some rumors of Salazar going 174 next year. I just don’t see it. 

I agreed with your 174lbs thoughts prior.  I have turned a corner there.  There are those much more in the know who believe it to be the likely route.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I agreed with your 174lbs thoughts prior.  I have turned a corner there.  There are those much more in the know who believe it to be the likely route.

I do think Salazars starting spot is in jeopardy, because McEnelly is a phenom and Salazar is small for 197. I have been told 174 is an option but if it can’t work, I’m not sure what will happen. Nelson is a highly ranked recruit that had a comparatively rough redshirt record, but he’s way bigger than Salazar and super talented. If Salazar goes the 197 route, I could see him losing his spot at either 184 or 197.

The thing I don’t understand is with the portal closes May 3rd, they will not have roster battles decided by then. Is there a second window closer to the season that a senior who loses his spot could enter and still wrestle his last year?

If Salazar were to hit the portal, I don’t see him and Vance as a package deal the same way Spratley and Jamison were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, poorwrestler said:

I do think Salazars starting spot is in jeopardy, because McEnelly is a phenom and Salazar is small for 197. I have been told 174 is an option but if it can’t work, I’m not sure what will happen. Nelson is a highly ranked recruit that had a comparatively rough redshirt record, but he’s way bigger than Salazar and super talented. If Salazar goes the 197 route, I could see him losing his spot at either 184 or 197.

The thing I don’t understand is with the portal closes May 3rd, they will not have roster battles decided by then. Is there a second window closer to the season that a senior who loses his spot could enter and still wrestle his last year?

If Salazar were to hit the portal, I don’t see him and Vance as a package deal the same way Spratley and Jamison were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grad transfers don't have to abide by the portal rules the same way as the others.

• Potato 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me